Lady Gaga: 32B Career Streams

Pop Art

From her InStyle interview:

When she was a child, Gaga says, she probably would have copped to wanting to become a singer, but little Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta from New York City couldn't have predicted the extent of her impact: that she would become a living legend in her late 20s with five studio albums all reaching No. 1 on the Billboard charts with songs that would be streamed 32 billion times.

~8.9B from YouTube

~7.7B from Spotify

~3.4B from Pandora

just don't understand why app music still refused to reveal its data......what is Apple afraid of

1 minute ago, therapywu said:

just don't understand why app music still refused to reveal its data......what is Apple afraid of

Well upon last update from each, Spotify has 4.5x the number of active monthly users, so even though Apple Music is a bit bigger in the US, total WW streams from the service are probably significantly less than Spotify's. Maybe that's why? :huh:

Physical sales, destroyed.

Digital sales, annihilated.

Streaming, conqueredT

Lady, Gaga

LZDv80B.gif

Streaming elixir indeed :alexz:

but where did they get the rest of the 12B streams?? :katie: 

1 minute ago, JawBreaker said:

France where GaGa is a streaming monster uses Deezer

9 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Well upon last update from each, Spotify has 4.5x the number of active monthly users, so even though Apple Music is a bit bigger in the US, total WW streams from the service are probably significantly less than Spotify's. Maybe that's why? :huh:

if so, then it would be really disgusting and stupid. such a big company with such a little petty heart.:confused: 

5 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Chromatica :clap3:

2 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal, etc. As far as I know, YouTube, Spotify, and Pandora are the only services that report streaming data unfortunately (well also SoundCloud, but that's super minimal).

2 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal, etc. As far as I know, YouTube, Spotify, and Pandora are the only services that report streaming data unfortunately (well also SoundCloud, but that's super minimal).

that doesn't add up to 12B tho. That probably adds up to only ~2.5B. And I highly doubt Gaga is massive on asian local apps. 

Just now, JawBreaker said:

that doesn't add up to 12B tho. That probably adds up to only ~2.5B. And I highly doubt Gaga is massive on asian local apps. 

I mean there's no way for us to know the breakdown past what I have in the OP, but the fact is she has 32B streams across all services. :michael: The ones I listed are just a few, there's LOTS of other streaming services out there.

13 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Does Pandora count for certifications or the BB hot 100? 

I didn't know they were using Pandora streams when talking about an artists total streams.

1 minute ago, cuneytb said:

Does Pandora count for certifications or the BB hot 100? 

I didn't know they were using Pandora streams when talking about an artists total streams.

Not sure to be honest. :huh: I was just trying to post some type of breakdown based on what we know. But I feel like when media reports these types of "career total" figures (for anyone, not just Gaga), they include everything possible since they want the number they report to be as big as possible. So in that sense, I do feel like Pandora streams are included in the total reported by InStyle.

11 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

I mean there's no way for us to know the breakdown past what I have in the OP, but the fact is she has 32B streams across all services. :michael: The ones I listed are just a few, there's LOTS of other streaming services out there.

You know these numbers are a lie :skull:

Just now, Scarface said:

Okay ATRL user Scarface, I believe you over a reputable publication who probably got their data directly from the team of the person they interviewed. You win. Gaga liar, streaming poison, etc.

3 minutes ago, Scarface said:

the only thing you do is lying and hating on a woman who doesn't care about you. Why would anyone even listen to you :rip: 

10 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Not sure to be honest. :huh: I was just trying to post some type of breakdown based on what we know. But I feel like when media reports these types of "career total" figures (for anyone, not just Gaga), they include everything possible since they want the number they report to be as big as possible. So in that sense, I do feel like Pandora streams are included in the total reported by InStyle.

Thank you honey :hughard: 

9 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Okay ATRL user Scarface, I believe you over a reputable publication who probably got their data directly from the team of the person they interviewed. You win. Gaga liar, streaming poison, etc.

If they said Billie had 12b streams from those small streaming services, I wouldn't trust it :skull:

14 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

the only thing you do is lying and hating on a woman who doesn't care about you. Why would anyone even listen to you :rip: 

Thank you honey :hughard: 

It's not about hating :rip:

Taylor has 50b total streams and she is a streaming giant and is miles bigger than Gaga in Asia, where Taylor gets a lot of streams. It doesn't make sense that someone like Gaga than only has one streaming hit and one smash streaming album to be so close to Taylor's global numbers.

Did her team write the article? It says she became a legend in her late 20s. She wasn't a legend during or before 2016, she's not even a legend now.

6 minutes ago, Scarface said:

Taylor has 50b total streams and she is a streaming giant and is miles bigger than Gaga in Asia, where Taylor gets a lot of streams. It doesn't make sense that someone like Gaga than only has one streaming hit and one smash streaming album to be so close to Taylor's global numbers.

Rihanna has about ~60B streams so this “lost” is definitely a lie.

7 minutes ago, Prosecco said:

Did her team write the article? It says she became a legend in her late 20s. She wasn't a legend during or before 2016, she's not even a legend now.

:dies:

27 minutes ago, Scarface said:

"someone like Gaga"

"one streaming hit"

:ahh:

Let's just ignore the fact that Bad Romance has over 2 billion streams  on all streaming platforms, Poker Face ~1.5b, Telephone ~800m etc.

Amazon music, Pandora, are both kinda big world wide. Except it’s just not focused on because they don’t reveal as much data as Spotify. 

6 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

"someone like Gaga"

"one streaming hit"

:ahh:

Let's just ignore the fact that Bad Romance has over 2 billion streams  on all streaming platforms, Poker Face ~1.5b, Telephone ~800m etc.

As a Camila stan you should know the difference between streaming hit vs older hits that have longevity :rip:

Is Billie Jean a streaming hit now?

Just now, Scarface said:

As a Camila stan you should know the difference between streaming hit vs older hits that have longevity :rip:

Is Billie Jean a streaming hit now?

Gurl you didn't express yourself right. "Hit in a streaming era" =/= "streaming hit in general" :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.