Eurovision Song Contest 2021 | Måneskin win with 524 points!

Queen Conchita

This is why Victoria is singing 13th after a commercial block, her prop is huge and it takes longer for it to be put on stage and so on. 

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bicassie

• Pendulum

• DUA LIPA

• Valtersen

Portugal's stage was ugly, most of the hosts were bad, and the interval acts were an absolute snoozefest, but it's still better than Israel in pretty much every way. The production of the actual acts was solid and the performances were filmed well, which is far more important than the rest of the show. Compare similar acts from 2018 with 2019 (Eleni vs Tamta/Luca, Elina vs Kate) and the difference in camera work is huge.

The Tel Aviv team was an absolute disaster. SO many delegations had to change their staging because Tel Aviv couldn't pull it off. There were so many extra rehearsals because things kept going wrong. The camera work was universally AWFUL. The sound mixing made nearly everyone sound bad. Everything about the shows was a tacky mess. The stage design was pretty bad as well, such a poor use of space in an already tiny venue.

Compare what we've already seen from 2021 with to 2019. In 2019, they struggled with some storm graphics for Estonia and a lamp for the Netherlands. Meanwhile Stefania is out here floating and dancing with invisible dancers and Victoria has actual sand coming down from the ceiling.

1949312694_ezgif-6-6d7ea58d960c(1).thumb 

4 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Lithuania 2018 had a weak song and only became a favorite after the emotional staging was revealed. Bulgaria was a favorite the entire time because the song and Victoria's own act are extremely strong.

2NaDVQR.gif

Lithuania 2018 girlie also whispered her way through her 1 octave song and still didn't have the range to hit all of the notes. We know Victoria can deliver some actual vocals

2NaDVQR.gif

1 minute ago, Funhouse said:

Portugal's stage was ugly, most of the hosts were bad, and the interval acts were an absolute snoozefest, but it's still better than Israel in pretty much every way. The production of the actual acts was solid and the performances were filmed well, which is far more important than the rest of the show. Compare similar acts from 2018 with 2019 (Eleni vs Tamta/Luca, Elina vs Kate) and the difference in camera work is huge.

The Tel Aviv team was an absolute disaster. SO many delegations had to change their staging because Tel Aviv couldn't pull it off. There were so many extra rehearsals because things kept going wrong. The camera work was universally AWFUL. The sound mixing made nearly everyone sound bad. Everything about the shows was a tacky mess. The stage design was pretty bad as well, such a poor use of space in an already tiny venue.

Compare what we've already seen from 2021 with to 2019. In 2019, they struggled with some storm graphics for Estonia and a lamp for the Netherlands. Meanwhile Stefania is out here floating and dancing with invisible dancers and Victoria has actual sand coming down from the ceiling.

I actually loved Portugal's stage. The absence of LEDs forced artists to come up with more original performances, and the ones with stage presence stood out. It's what allowed Eleni Foureira to shine.

2NaDVQR.gif

1 minute ago, Mariano said:

This is why Victoria is singing 13th after a commercial block, her prop is huge and it takes longer for it to be put on stage and so on. 

i mean it makes sense but then again they placed irelands complicated staging as the 2nd song after a break this year :weeps:

I find Bulgaria's song to be boring and bland. I am not seeing where the hype is coming from, i don't want the song like that one to win again.

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

I actually loved Portugal's stage. The absence of LEDs forced artists to come up with more original performances, and the ones with stage presence stood out. It's what allowed Eleni Foureira to shine.

2NaDVQR.gif

I didn't mind the lack of LEDs and the background structure looked nice from afar, but it didn't really work for me in close-up and medium shots. I would've liked to see some more moving elements as well, as was originally planned.

2NaDVQR.gif

3 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

In 2019, they struggled with some storm graphics for Estonia and a lamp for the Netherlands. 

kii i forgot about that  

2NaDVQR.gif  

Just now, BOOM! said:

I find Bulgaria's song to be boring and bland. I am not seeing where the hype is coming from, i don't want the song like that one to win again.

It's a combination of the lyrics actually being good (a rarity at Eurovision), Victoria's precise artistic vision, her cool factor with the gen Z while also being appealing to older people, and her flawless live vocals.

Not that guy coming on wiwi's stream and talking over Finland's rehearsal which I've been waiting for weeks :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, DUA LIPA said:

latvia is up next on the stage 

Can't wait for the chaos

13 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

this tea :clap3: the whole show felt like Zionist propaganda :rip: 

2016 and 2021 stages are the best 

if the 2021 camerawork is also good it'll top 2016

11 minutes ago, Devotion said:

Not that guy coming on wiwi's stream and talking over Finland's rehearsal which I've been waiting for weeks :toofunny2:

:rip:

35 minutes ago, BOOM! said:

Good to see I‘m not the only one seeing right through LOSTORIA‘s act. Watch her flop hard as people will choose to go on a toilet break inbetween Portugal‘s performance and hopefully miss her 3 minutes on stage as well just in time to come back for Finland to burn down the hall.:flame:

apparently Latvia's stage is very green black and gold? 

apparently the colours look like they're clashing and jarring to the eye

1 hour ago, Pendulum said:

now make sure to vote for it on the final

Bulgaria is a contender for my vote for sure!

it was a bad choice putting Latvia after Finland:rip::rip::rip:

she's gonna be forgotten but i still hope she qualifies

the 2nd semi is quite weak anyway:hippo:

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

it was a bad choice putting Latvia after Finland:rip::rip::rip:

she's gonna be forgotten but i still hope she qualifies

the 2nd semi is quite weak anyway:hippo:

all of the high bpm songs before Switzerland :weeps:

I hope Gjon will serve Shawn Mendes hair before he decided to let it grow. He looked good last time I saw a video of him.:flame:

Alesia Michelles livestream :deadbanana2:

"is the colour scheme like Triana Park"

"nooo, it's like buuugs, bugs, it's like a lot of insects"

what has Samantha done :deadbanana2:

gallery-19:10.jpg 

this looks less chaotic than i thought it would be, but much darker than expected as well.