Physical Album sales hit lowest EVER

TalkThatRihanna

Makes sense with everything going on. :katie: Crazy that several of our faves have sold more than that amount with one album in the same time frame, really puts it into perspective just how low this is.

Not surprising since no one is shopping for music in stores right now.

I wonder how digital albums are doing 

not really surprising considering the situation we're in ff

Oh wow 

Not surprised at all. Things will pick up again when this virus leaves :rip: Almost everything is closed

Expected, and sad. Imagine sales again after all this happens. 

Not surprised, people are mad at Chromatica's delay and are taking it out against everyone in the biz

And Dua haters calling her a flop.

LOSERS!

25 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Makes sense with everything going on. :katie: Crazy that several of our faves have sold more than that amount with one album in the same time frame, really puts it into perspective just how low this is.

Crazy that my fave several times did this, whew Her power!

5 minutes ago, Iceland said:

LOSERS!

tenor.gif?itemid=10436232

12 minutes ago, doonerr said:

Not surprised, people are mad at Chromatica's delay and are taking it out against everyone in the biz

Imagine thinking people would buy a physical copy of this in the store when Gaga has a website to buy it from.... 

What you said made no cent luv.

10 minutes ago, Iceland said:

LOSERS!

Who is getting a Dua physical album? Her audience is 15 year old girls and 25 year old gay men. They buy stuff on iTunes or stream it.

6 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Crazy that my fave several times did this, whew Her power!

I KNEW you were gonna come in here and make it about Taylor when I was typing that out. :lmao: However it is indeed commendable on her part. :clap3:

This is so sad, but with how things are right now..what can we expect. 

40 minutes ago, doonerr said:

:dies: 

I hope they go lower and get phased out. It's obnoxious how much retail space is wasted by albums in this day and age. 

2 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

I hope they go lower and get phased out. It's obnoxious how much retail space is wasted by albums in this day and age. 

No one is forcing u to buy them lol

1 minute ago, Chromatica said:

No one is forcing u to buy them lol

Clearly no one is forcing anyone to buy them. But it would be nice to have a 20ft long shelf used for something else in the entertainment department of Walmart/Target. They could put those $5 movies on there so people wouldn't have to spend 30 minutes hoping to find a movie I like. 

2 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Clearly no one is forcing anyone to buy them. But it would be nice to have a 20ft long shelf used for something else in the entertainment department of Walmart/Target. They could put those $5 movies on there so people wouldn't have to spend 30 minutes hoping to find a movie I like. 

Are the shelves really that big for CDs? Supermarkets here only have a tiny shelf by the cash register. Instead we have stores with all sorts of electronics, from washing machines to video games and CDs/DVDs, laptops, phones etc.

Edited by Chromatica

2 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

Are the shelves really that big for CDs? Supermarkets here only have a tiny shelf by the cash register. Instead we have stores with all sorts of electronics, from washing machines to video games and CDs/DVDs, laptops, phones etc.

It's a fairly decent chunk of the department. As a kid, there were multiple shelves for albums but now they're down to one, but they are 2 sided. The albums are never in order because nobody cares to reorganize them. The "Hot New Music" cardboard display thing is months out of date. It's just a lot of retail space that could go towards more relevant items or even just removing a big ass piece of metal so there's more room for people.

1 hour ago, dweebz said:

Imagine thinking people would buy a physical copy of this in the store when Gaga has a website to buy it from.... 

What you said made no cent luv.

Gurl

1 hour ago, Outlaws said:

Expected, and sad. Imagine sales again after all this happens. 

It may not ever get any better anyways. People may realise they don't need to buy physical album and just buy digital or stream. They have to do it now so may just keep on continuing. Fans always bought albums, ordered them online in X versions anyways, and non collectors will continue to stream and buy digital. This may be the ens of mass physical production of CDs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.