625 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2019 at 2:26 PM, DAP said:

Does it itch? Typically if it’s an HIV-related rash, it’ll have itching. In any event, get tested if you haven’t. Best wishes. 

Does nerve pain come with the initial infection?

17 hours ago, Bentley said:

Does nerve pain come with the initial infection?

Not usually.

7 hours ago, DAP said:

Not usually.

I got my results back and they are negative despite all the symptoms I’m having... I just hope it’s no a false negative 

On 5/1/2019 at 3:07 PM, Littlejfrey said:

Hi everyone! good that I found this topic because this has been quite an issue/worry for me lately. This is probably going to be long (I hope I don't get judged :dancehall:)

Hide contents

My last boyfriend (and first one) was about 5-6 years ago, I was 20 back then and for a very stupid reason, we never used protection (only the first month maybe) I guess I just assume he was healthy because he looked so.. good? I don't know, either way, around our third month together I got Tonsillitis that I didn't took care of, so after two weeks I had to be hospitalized because of it, I think they were just trying to take my money, because I've had friends that had been on the very same situation (the same kind of tonsillitis) and all they had to do was to take antibiotics and they were good, anyway, I was hospitalized for a week and two weeks later i got Tonsillitis again :rip: and was hospitalized once more and this time, I got tested for HIV because it was weird that I got Tonsillitis two times the same month. And that's were I knew that my boyfriend never got tested. I left the hospital and a week later I got my results... I was fine, they were negative. And since I was stupid, I continued having unprotected sex with him. 

After a year, we broke up, and the week before that, we decided we wanted to be tested (because he cheated) but at the last minute he backed down. And that's were I started to get paranoid about it, and said to myself "Ok, I think there's a strong possibility I have HIV" but I didn't get tested, I was afraid...

It's been 5 years since that, and I haven't had sex since then (or dated anyone) until a few months ago where I had sex with a guy but we used protection. And I'm tired of being so lonely, I want to date with someone and have sex and enjoy it, but the thought of me having HIV and spread that to someone else makes that impossible. So the obvious thing to do would be to get tested but I'm so afraid of the results and how that can change my life forever. 

On the bright side (?) I haven't had any symptoms in these 5 years. I rarely get sick and if I do, it only last for like a day or two. My defenses have been good and also my annual health check. The only weird thing is that my gum tend to bleed everytime I brush my teeth. I know that a person with HIV could be asymptomatic for years but I still think that after this long, I should've had a more evident symptom in case I actually have HIV. 

Anyway, I don't know why I'm writing this tbh lol maybe to open up and also read some experiencies around this subject (I'm going to read all the pages of this topic now lol). And hopefully gather up the courage I need to finally get tested. :celestial4:ps: english is not my first languague, so I'm sorry if there's a lot of mistakes on my writing. 

Go get your test done. Even if your poz, wouldn’t you want to be incapable of spreading hiv?

On 5/12/2019 at 2:07 PM, Bentley said:

No it doesn’t itch 

It probably some other infection but letting it fester is painful.

That looks more like a black and blue mark. You might have injured yourself without realizing. 

7 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

That looks more like a black and blue mark. You might have injured yourself without realizing. 

I bruised it by touching it but it’s a rash 

12 hours ago, Bentley said:

I got my results back and they are negative despite all the symptoms I’m having... I just hope it’s no a false negative 

HIV tests are seldom false so you probably don’t have it. You may however have a urinary tract infection.

4 hours ago, DAP said:

HIV tests are seldom false so you probably don’t have it. You may however have a urinary tract infection.

Even if I was just potentially exposed recently?

2 hours ago, Bentley said:

Even if I was just potentially exposed recently?

From what I understand, the 3 month waiting period is encouraged because it can take up to 3 months for antibodies to appear on immunological tests, but testing within a month of exposure is fine. If you’re still unsure, you can wait another month and a half for another test. Just don’t psyche yourself out. That’ll add unnecessary stress to an already stressful situation :hug:

1 hour ago, DAP said:

From what I understand, the 3 month waiting period is encouraged because it can take up to 3 months for antibodies to appear on immunological tests, but testing within a month of exposure is fine. If you’re still unsure, you can wait another month and a half for another test. Just don’t psyche yourself out. That’ll add unnecessary stress to an already stressful situation :hug:

I just have all flu symptoms nerve pain a rash and cold sores... everything I’ve read says hiv...

Just a reminder get test girls! STDs are on the rise & there’s no shame in protecting your health :heart2:

Just got tested for HIV & thankfully came back clean :worship:  the worst part of the test is the wait for the results tbh 

5 hours ago, princeaiden said:

Just got tested for HIV & thankfully came back clean :worship:  the worst part of the test is the wait for the results tbh 

Clean isn’t a very respectful word to use. 

8 hours ago, Danny789 said:

Clean isn’t a very respectful word to use. 

So people who have the condition are not clean? :huh: 

You came back negative, which is great. :clap3: 

4 hours ago, princeaiden said:

Image result for sigh gif

Roll your eyes all you want but HIV + people are not dirty and saying negative=clean furthers the stigma. 

Just got out of a 10 month relationship with a positive guy and I'm totally clean, we never used condoms cause he is undetectable.

3 hours ago, Danny789 said:

Roll your eyes all you want but HIV + people are not dirty and saying negative=clean furthers the stigma. 

Me saying I am clean has nothing to do with insulating that + people are dirty in any way or form. i will refer to my self as being negative since i see how this can be inferred 

2 hours ago, 305 said:

Just got out of a 10 month relationship with a positive guy and I'm totally clean, we never used condoms cause he is undetectable.

You were using prep? :gaycat3:

On 5/2/2019 at 12:07 AM, Littlejfrey said:

Hi everyone! good that I found this topic because this has been quite an issue/worry for me lately. This is probably going to be long (I hope I don't get judged :dancehall:)

Reveal hidden contents

My last boyfriend (and first one) was about 5-6 years ago, I was 20 back then and for a very stupid reason, we never used protection (only the first month maybe) I guess I just assume he was healthy because he looked so.. good? I don't know, either way, around our third month together I got Tonsillitis that I didn't took care of, so after two weeks I had to be hospitalized because of it, I think they were just trying to take my money, because I've had friends that had been on the very same situation (the same kind of tonsillitis) and all they had to do was to take antibiotics and they were good, anyway, I was hospitalized for a week and two weeks later i got Tonsillitis again :rip: and was hospitalized once more and this time, I got tested for HIV because it was weird that I got Tonsillitis two times the same month. And that's were I knew that my boyfriend never got tested. I left the hospital and a week later I got my results... I was fine, they were negative. And since I was stupid, I continued having unprotected sex with him. 

After a year, we broke up, and the week before that, we decided we wanted to be tested (because he cheated) but at the last minute he backed down. And that's were I started to get paranoid about it, and said to myself "Ok, I think there's a strong possibility I have HIV" but I didn't get tested, I was afraid...

It's been 5 years since that, and I haven't had sex since then (or dated anyone) until a few months ago where I had sex with a guy but we used protection. And I'm tired of being so lonely, I want to date with someone and have sex and enjoy it, but the thought of me having HIV and spread that to someone else makes that impossible. So the obvious thing to do would be to get tested but I'm so afraid of the results and how that can change my life forever. 

On the bright side (?) I haven't had any symptoms in these 5 years. I rarely get sick and if I do, it only last for like a day or two. My defenses have been good and also my annual health check. The only weird thing is that my gum tend to bleed everytime I brush my teeth. I know that a person with HIV could be asymptomatic for years but I still think that after this long, I should've had a more evident symptom in case I actually have HIV. 

Anyway, I don't know why I'm writing this tbh lol maybe to open up and also read some experiencies around this subject (I'm going to read all the pages of this topic now lol). And hopefully gather up the courage I need to finally get tested. :celestial4:ps: english is not my first languague, so I'm sorry if there's a lot of mistakes on my writing. 

Fuuuck I been paranoid as well and also have the exact same issues, always with tonsillitis and my gum bleeding, it was a gingivitis and I went to the dentist to take care of it, it became fine but it's back, I guess because I didn't follow the dentist advise for the treatment very well :dancehall:. But I did the tests last month and everything was negative, the doctor however told me to go back this month and do them again just to be 100% sure, let's see

Girls, bleeding gums is NOT a symptom of HIV. The “symptoms” of HIV occur due to ARS and are usually just flu like, meaning anything ranging from a sore throat to extreme fatigue and fever. Not everyone experiences this and it’s far more likely you’re just sick. As someone who is a hypochondriac and has “self-diagnosed” myself with HIV about 100 times, my tests are always negative (i.e. I am extremely paranoid for no reason). Don’t even think about symptoms, it’s not worth your time or energy. Just get tested.

If you’re scared after a potential exposure, get tested after 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months.

4th generation HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab testing results are available in 20 minutes. Many places offer this for free and it’s completely confidential.

On 5/18/2019 at 9:15 AM, Last Boy on Earth said:

Fuuuck I been paranoid as well and also have the exact same issues, always with tonsillitis and my gum bleeding, it was a gingivitis and I went to the dentist to take care of it, it became fine but it's back, I guess because I didn't follow the dentist advise for the treatment very well :dancehall:. But I did the tests last month and everything was negative, the doctor however told me to go back this month and do them again just to be 100% sure, let's see

Sis are u using prep?