BB: 'Memories' Set for No. 1 Debut on Billboard 200

DivaCup

'Memories' Album Set for No. 1 Debut on Billboard 200

The Chainsmokers’ new album Memories… Do Not Open, is aiming to debut atop next week’s Billboard 200 chart, according to industry forecasters. Sources suggest the set -- which will mark the duo's first No. 1 -- could earn over 200,000 equivalent album units in the week ending April 13, with perhaps 150,000 to 160,000 in traditional album sales. Memories was released on April 7 through Disruptor/Columbia Records.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week based on multi-metric consumption, which includes traditional album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). The top 10 of the new April 29-dated Billboard 200 chart (where Memories will likely debut at No. 1) is scheduled to be revealed on Billboard’s websites on Sunday, April 16.

The hefty amount of the sales of Memories will be driven by a successful concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption promotion with the duo’s tour, which kicks off April 13 in Miami. The ticket/album offer was also included with select dates of the act’s residency at the XS Nightclub and Encore Beach Club in Las Vegas.

Source @ Billboard

tumblr_nqz7k3hgC01svl1j1o1_500.gif

They've come such a long way since #Selfie! I do hope it crosses the 200k mark in the end! 

1 hour ago, DivaCup said:

The hefty amount of the sales of Memories will be driven by a successful concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption promotion with the duo’s tour, which kicks off April 13 in Miami. The ticket/album offer was also included with select dates of the act’s residency at the XS Nightclub and Encore Beach Club in Las Vegas.

Ahh, now it makes sense.

2 hours ago, diamondsdancing said:

Ahh, now it makes sense.

:cm: I knew it was something

Let me go stream More Life with vpn.

We cannot allow this to happen.

6 hours ago, DivaCup said:

Oh, I thought people were actually running to the store for their album. 

1 minute ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

Kings. :clap3:

The tour bundle doesn't discredit the sales, I don't know why people are trying that.

People rushing to their tours > people rushing to the stores

Right? I mean the fact that an EDM act can even do arena tours is amazing :clap3:

giphy.gif

:clap3:

2 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

Right? I mean the fact that an EDM act can even do arena tours is amazing :clap3:

But Calvin already does that. 

7 hours ago, diamondsdancing said:

Ahh, now it makes sense.

If you type bought chainsmokers in twitter search, lots of people mention about buying this 

4 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

But Calvin already does that. 

When? His tour dates are all for a Vegas residency

12 hours ago, BarbFatale said:

tumblr_nqz7k3hgC01svl1j1o1_500.gif

They've come such a long way since #Selfie! I do hope it crosses the 200k mark in the end! 

Waitttt selfie is the their song...

.Woajjj legends 

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, DivaCup said:

The hefty amount of the sales of Memories will be driven by a successful concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption promotion with the duo’s tour, which kicks off April 13 in Miami

Makes sense. I wonder what next week will look like. 

10 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

:cm: I knew it was something

Touring forces :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.