ConceptD

Scream 5 officially happening!

Lucyyyyyyyyy

One of my favourite franchises. I’m BEYOND excited! 

Kevin2803
Posted (edited)

While i would love for the original cast to return, what else is there to tell? They would probably kill them off. But it would be amazing if Kirby would return and that's how they connect it.

Edited by Kevin2803

ConceptD
1 hour ago, Lucyyyyyyyyy said:

One of my favourite franchises. I’m BEYOND excited! 

I've noticed something strange because the last couple of scream threads on here have been made by me and literally the majority of people that like scream are Britney fans. I wonder why. 

Ot: I kinda like this new idea in the brief synopsis of a reporter coming to the town of the murders and us following her journey. I feel like that way they could incorporate the original cast by having them be interviewed or something. 

heretoslay

Scream 4 was supposed to be the beginning of a new trilogy, so that's what we want. Scream 5 should continue the story.

TyYoshi
On 3/12/2020 at 7:42 PM, Beyle Street said:

good sis Neve Campbell

cant wait to wrap her story up again in Scream 55, Scream 56 she is coming for wigs
Animated GIF

Bloo

If Neve's not in it, then they can keep it. I need Sidney and Gale to kick ass together again.

I don't care what happens to Dewey. :foxaylove3:

Ampersand13
On 3/16/2020 at 4:41 PM, heretoslay said:

Scream 4 was supposed to be the beginning of a new trilogy, so that's what we want. Scream 5 should continue the story.

This. Hayden could save the franchise. She truly snapped as Kirby :jonny5:

SchmoodRing
On 3/13/2020 at 1:02 PM, ConceptD said:

Ot: I kinda like this new idea in the brief synopsis of a reporter coming to the town of the murders and us following her journey. I feel like that way they could incorporate the original cast by having them be interviewed or something. 

Isn't this what Gale Weathers basically is and was

ConceptD
1 hour ago, SchmoodRing said:

Isn't this what Gale Weathers basically is and was

I suppose so but we never really got a glimpse into Gales life outside of being chased by the killer or trying to manufacture some drama. 

SelenaTheWinner

Yes!! 

SchmoodRing
On 3/18/2020 at 11:25 AM, ConceptD said:

I suppose so but we never really got a glimpse into Gales life outside of being chased by the killer or trying to manufacture some drama. 

Opening scene should be Gale and or Dewey dying. The original trio need to be picked off one by one. Gale the opening  Dewey second act. Sydney the finale.

Right Now

I would kind of be here for a complete reboot, or them pretending like S4 never happened. Whichever is fine for me.

Slate
On 3/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, Coma Baby said:

Looks like it's unpopular opinion, but I'd much prefer a reboot. :dies:

I hate when they clutter these movies with too many characters and make it a "different generations" thing (Scream 4, Halloween 2018). Scream has always been supposed to be and been at its best as a teen/high school slasher. I love Neve Campbell, but I'm honestly not here to see a mom-aged Sidney in her 40s running around warning people again. :dies:

Just make it a social media age version of the original with actually funny/likable/iconic teens. The ones in Scream 4 were all unbearable. :biblio: It can still be set in the same universe and they can reference the events of the previous movies.

i'd be here for this too.

the directors of this are the ones who did ready for not, so i have faith :duca: 

Walk_Away21
On 3/13/2020 at 12:47 AM, ReverseWarholian said:

Didn't they learn from the failed tv show and previous film installment that (sadly) NO ONE is here for this franchise anymore? :rip:

I mean somehow that AWFUL Halloween reboot made a ton of money. Horror is kind of in right now and I think if the movie is actually good people will watch,

ReverseWarholian
55 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

I mean somehow that AWFUL Halloween reboot made a ton of money. Horror is kind of in right now and I think if the movie is actually good people will watch

I mean, I'd still watch it regardless. I think it could maybe do okay if they just retcon'd the last couple sequels and focused on the OG cast + not too many new characters. And don't get me started on the new Halloween :rip:

mikeyace16

As this point, they should make Sidney the killer tbh :michael: 

gotportugal
On 3/13/2020 at 6:00 AM, Bombshell said:

I need Neve and Courteney and want them both to survive!

This please

Citrus

I'll see it but I'm rlly hoping original cast is still involved. Ready or Not was great so I'm excited they're writing.

Lucyyyyyyyyy

Really hoping it all works out. Sounds promising! 

Ampersand13
43 minutes ago, Lucyyyyyyyyy said:

WAIT! If Neve, Courteney & David come back that's all I need :jonny5:

Slate
54 minutes ago, Lucyyyyyyyyy said:

Ahhh :jonny5:

Sam96
1 hour ago, Lucyyyyyyyyy said:

:jonny6:

Artur
2 hours ago, Lucyyyyyyyyy said:

:jonny5:

She can't and won't be the killer. This would ruin the entire franchise. We need her to kick the killer's ass one more time.

skankle

What's it gonna address though? Reboots are the current horror fad but I don't really see how they'll squeeze a plot out that which is distinct to 4 addressing remakes.

undermyskin
59 minutes ago, skankle said:

What's it gonna address though? Reboots are the current horror fad but I don't really see how they'll squeeze a plot out that which is distinct to 4 addressing remakes.

I wouldn't say reboots are the current fad. Remakes/reboots were in from 2003 (Texas Chainsaw Massacre) to around 2010. Nightmare's critical and poor box office was kind of the death of the remake trend. Then we had the supernatural/found footage craze. Annual Paranormal Activity releases, Insidious, The Conjuring, etc.

With that said, slashers are definitely making a come back and I'm very excited to see how they incorporate the original cast in this. Wouldn't have wanted it without Neve.