The Photoshop Game: Season 5 | FINALE! Pg. 87

Cantaloupe.

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

Ready for those results

WAzHqcE.gif

I'm doing it this time so who knows when they're coming.

WAzHqcE.gif

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cantaloupe.

• Fenrir

• Rian.

• URBAN

Top Posters In This Topic

6q2kXfQ.gif

Scores and Results

LiMe

Bad Things - 9/10 - Love this! The burst of colour is really nice to see. Text-wise, the spacing is fairly good – a few areas on the left could be smaller/readjusted, since they’re so close to Selena. Also I feel the Fashion heading should have aligned with the other text – but I’m also fine with how it is now – just a thought. (Also you spelt Cantaloupe wrong – but also Cantaloupe and Melon are the same person).

Flavs - 9/10 - Love how her name is contained within her figure, it’s a nice touch. Font choices and spacing are nice. Really solid entry.

Diva - 7.5/10 - Firstly, the image of Mariah seems low quality. The font choice is okay, but the text arrangements is just all wrong, some are aligned to the left, some are centered and some parts are italic (the sections on the right should have been aligned to the right). I have more critiques but I think that’s enough.

Rian - 8/10 - Simple design, but that’s okay. I would actually have simplified it even more by moving the Jennifer Lawrence…etc text to the center (and a bit lower) and then also move the new elegance text to the center, make it smaller and 1 line. Apart from that, the American text should have been aligned with the F.

URBAN - 8/10 - Love the vibrant colours! Text placement is okay, but it’s a little weird that they don’t all match up on the right side. I would have moved the Lupita text down a bit, and then made [Rihanna, Avril & Zayn] have their own line – too fill up some of the empty space. Everything else looks good though.

Sabbath - 8/10 - Simple, but effective. I like all the elements, the image, the text choices, and the colours.

Belle - 7.5/10 - Not really feeling this design, the image itself feels too long, you could have cropped the top, and then moved the heading down – and then had the brim of the hat cover part of the heading. Also some of the text blends too much into the background and her skin – and some sections aren’t aligned properly/don’t match up with other sections of text on that side (hopefully that makes sense). Also I don’t think the page numbers were needed.

Phoenix - 8/10 - Very nice. I don’t really have much else to say.

Alesus - 8/10 - It’s alright, for me it’s a bit bland, but I can appreciate the minimalism of the design. I love the font choice for the title though.

Melon

Bad Things - Very pretty. But there's so much going on. It just feels very cluttered to me. Some of the text is also in spots that make it hard to read. 7.5/10

Flavs - Girl. Just go away with this. :skull: Why you gotta snatch like this? I'm going to nitpick just to find something to critique. The "D" that starts the last line at the bottom goes off the dress. The a random line on the bottom left side of your rectangle at the top. 9.9/10

Diva - Going for a Playboy cover was a cute idea. Not something I would've thought of. The overall design is lacking though. LiMe already mentioned the text, like I did in PM. He also mentioned the original photo quality. I think if you made the whole thing look retro to match the photo quality, instead of the modern look you went for, it would've looked a whole lot better. 7.5/10

Rian - Another entry with text placement issues. Agree with everything LiMe said. 7.5/10

Urban - :smitten: Only problems I see, is the alignment issues on the right and the spacing between each headline. 9/10

Sabbath - I love it. Probably your best entry so far. :clap3: There's a quality issues with "PAPER" though. Perhaps you used a LQ template? Other than that, it only has some text issues. "New York" and "March 2017 $10" all have different size characters? :skull: The "Katy Perry" should've been made a tiny bit smaller to fit inside her, then moved a little closer to the "Goddess." 8/10

Belle - Umm. This looks very rushed. Some of the text disappears into the background, some of the words aren't capitalized, there seems to be no alignment, the whole thing is the length of a papyrus scroll..  You can definitely do better. 7.5/10

Phoenix - Very cute Better Homes & Garden aesthetic you have going on. Just some spacing issues. The MAMAMOO'S part is super close to the red bar on the side, and the price at the bottom looks wonky because the 5 is so low. 8.5/10

Alesus - dndnd this is so me. :jonny: It literally looks like something I would make. I can't even find a fault, except maybe the blur(?) around her head. Still a 10/10 from me though.

Fenrir

Bad Things - 8.5/10

Flavs - 9.5/10

Diva - 7.5/10

Rian - 8/10

URBAN - 9.5/10

Sabbath - 8.5/10

Belle - 8/10

Phoenix - 8.5/10

Alesus - 9/10

Results

Flavs -9.4

Alesus -9
Urb - 8.8
Bad Things - 8.3
Phoenix - 8.3
Sabbath - 8.2
Rian - 7.8
Belle - 7.7
Diva - 7.5

Eliminated

@DivaCup :weeps: 

@URBAN @Hurem @Bad Things @DivaCup @Bellerophon @Sabbath 
@Rian. @SaintWest @Flavs97 @Phoenixstar @Alesus
 @Fenrir @LiMe

tEqKoUd.png

Just now, Rian. said:

@Cantaloupe. I don't agree with your 7.5

Okay.

I'll post the next round whenever this Error 500 and 503 stuff stops. :skull: 

2 minutes ago, Cantaloupe. said:

Okay.

I'll post the next round whenever this Error 500 and 503 stuff stops. :skull: 

You gave Diva a 7.5 and you critiqued font placement, low quality picture and overall design.

you gave me a 7.5 as well and only critiqued font placement. 

I deserve a better score and I demand a recount.

9jnACKh.gif

12 minutes ago, Rian. said:

You gave Diva a 7.5 and you critiqued font placement, low quality picture and overall design.

you gave me a 7.5 as well and only critiqued font placement. 

I deserve a better score and I demand a recount.

Good luck booking that better score and a recount you speak of.

:doc: aw. it was fun while it lasted i guess. The original image I used:

heartbreaker99-2.jpg

:doc:

bye i guess :weeps: 

By the way, one person's cover was so simplistic,. it was barely tweaked. a copy and paste into a magazine template tea. y'all should have asked people for their original photos. if that's all I had to do I would have taken a safe choice like that

eVV04gp.jpg

#2 after being eliminated 

9jnACKh.gif

Mess at me not only spelling Cantaloupe wrong but also not knowing Melon and Cantaloupe are the same person all this time :deadbanana:

Wait so regarding the eliminated girls... How do we know who's returning?

The scores are a bit...biased but hey I'll deal with it. Thanks. 

I do wish there's more critique from LiMe cause I'm trying to understand why I'm getting only 8 with it being very nice and nothing else to say. 

meLOOSE, are you talking about the red strip near the Mamamoo's text? Isn't that common in magazine that I have seen online? So should I atleast remove it or something? Would love to know that!

Thank you Fenrir :hug: "I don't really have much to say" :eli:

Thank you for the scores. Atleast I'm in my C2C era. Please anticipate my Joanne era where it'll be a twist. 

3 hours ago, Cantaloupe. said:

I love it. Probably your best entry so far. :clap3: There's a quality issues with "PAPER" though. Perhaps you used a LQ template? Other than that, it only has some text issues. "New York" and "March 2017 $10" all have different size characters? :skull: 

I noticed both issues after I submitted and Idk why that happens, on Photoshop both looked good :'( 

-

Thank you judges :heart2: 

Diva nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :weeps: 

2 hours ago, Phoenixstar said:

I do wish there's more critique from LiMe cause I'm trying to understand why I'm getting only 8 with it being very nice and nothing else to say.

I suppose I could have given you a higher score. But I don't think the entry was worth a 10, if I had to say why, it's because some of the text placement is a little crowded (bottom right) - Mamamoo text should have been a fraction higher so that it's balanced between her hat and shoulder - and text below 99 blends too much into the background.

I could have put that in your critique, but it was late when I scored.

5 hours ago, Cantaloupe. said:

Good luck booking that better score and a recount you speak of.

GK5D0US.gif

1 hour ago, LiMe said:

I suppose I could have given you a higher score. But I don't think the entry was worth a 10, if I had to say why, it's because some of the text placement is a little crowded (bottom right) - Mamamoo text should have been a fraction higher so that it's balanced between her hat and shoulder - and text below 99 blends too much into the background.

I could have put that in your critique, but it was late when I scored.

Much better, now that I got the critique about it. I'll try to improve. Thank you. :hug:

Currently browsing: Sabbath and 7 guests (8 total).

not 7 guests sdfsdf

10 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Wait so regarding the eliminated girls... How do we know who's returning?

You both are. We were gonna take the Top 3 of those trying to return but only two of you submitted and neither of you placed at the bottom so you're good.

I'm excited for the next round. Bring it on :duca: 

1 hour ago, Fenrir said:

You both are. We were gonna take the Top 3 of those trying to return but only two of you submitted and neither of you placed at the bottom so you're good.

Oh wig :1stplace:

I had the next round typed up and lost it all to a 503 :weeps: 

niSSFgK.gif

This round you'll be turning your celebrity into a zodiac sign.

ZODIAC-SIGNS.jpg

You've been randomly assigned which one.

Bad Things - Capricorn
Flavs - Cancer
Rian - Gemini
URBAN - Aries
Sabbath - Aquarius
Belle - Virgo
Phoenix - Sagittarius 
Alesus - Taurus

I rushed to toss this post together after I lost the first one.
If you need more info or any help, just ask!

Examples

Pisces
20055163_44c7.jpg

Gemini
4630890_8155.jpg

Leo
4177984_5a89.jpg

Deadline: Wednesday 3/29 @ 10PM.

@URBAN @Bad Things @Bellerophon @Sabbath 
@Rian. @Flavs97 @Phoenixstar @Alesus
 @Fenrir @LiMe

8z646e6.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.