Vinyl Talk | Record Store Day 2019 (13/04/19)

9,163 posts in this topic

1DES
On 3/12/2019 at 7:28 PM, ThehushSound said:

I just ordered the limited edition pink splatter version of Sigrid’s Sucker Punch. It’s officially the album with the most variations in my collection with three versions. 

It’s so pretty.:jonny4:

Is this a European exclusive. 

ThehushSound
6 minutes ago, 1DES said:

Is this a European exclusive. 

Yes I had to order it through a record store in  Edinburgh.

AM98GJ

Snatched that Sigrid vinyl, I love the album and even tho I'm not a massive fan it's a solid album and that exclusive only has 1,000 copies

Antinemesis
5 hours ago, Spider. said:

I usually hate ordering from any 3rd party sellers on Amazon but damn, I bought a vinyl this morning and got a shipment notification at 2PM. Due to be delivered tomorrow. Wig!

Let's pray it's in it's 'new' listed condition.

There’s this one seller that I always use, they have cheaper records than Amazon like 99% of the time and the shipping is very fast. I think they’re called “all your music”.

exfactor003

not vinyl-related, but not sure where else this could go. I ordered Vespertine!

SUPER CANNES
14 minutes ago, AM98GJ said:

Snatched that Sigrid vinyl, I love the album and even tho I'm not a massive fan it's a solid album and that exclusive only has 1,000 copies

If it’s 1000 copies I better snatch it myself. It’s so nice. 😍

1 minute ago, exfactor003 said:

not vinyl-related, but not sure where else this could go. I ordered Vespertine!

You should check the previous page 😉

exfactor003
2 minutes ago, SUPER CANNES said:

You should check the previous page 😉

oops.

SUPER CANNES
3 minutes ago, exfactor003 said:

oops.

That’s okay :-*

Tsareena

1. How many vinyl do you own? 1 (I just ordered lemonade as well but before then I had the same LP for a few years now)

2. When did you acquire your first record, and what was it? in 2014, LP1 - FKA Twigs. I was at her tour and wanted a poster but they only had LPs :rip: 

3. How did you become interested in collecting vinyl? I like the look of them. I just ordered a basic record player (I'll ask for recommendations if I end up hating it nn) to see if it's something I'd enjoy using. 

:chick3: can't really answer the other questions but vinyl collecting seems interesting and a great way to support artists I like since streaming doesn't give them much and I haven't had the time to go for concerts as I used to. I'll see how I feel about it in a few weeks

Spider.
4 hours ago, James_Dean said:

I swear it restocks every time when I am asleep. :weeps:

6 hours ago, Antinemesis said:

There’s this one seller that I always use, they have cheaper records than Amazon like 99% of the time and the shipping is very fast. I think they’re called “all your music”.

Thanks for the tip sis! I went out on a limb and ordered from this company that only had like 1000 reviews, but it was like 96% positive and they offered the quickest shipping. Lettuce pray.

James_Dean

Yesterday I bought a signed picture disc copy of Bieber's Believe for $20 on Amazon:rip: limited to 1,000 and they go for $100+ on ebay and discogs.

It's a used copy, but the description says it's in very good condition.... we'll see when it arrives tomorrow :fan:

Anyone else have signed stuff? I only have Kali Uchis and Years & Years 

Spider.
20 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Yesterday I bought a signed picture disc copy of Bieber's Believe for $20 on Amazon:rip: limited to 1,000 and they go for $100+ on ebay and discogs.

It's a used copy, but the description says it's in very good condition.... we'll see when it arrives tomorrow :fan:

omg wig! Fingers crossed for ya.

I bought Aly & AJ's and Tove Lo's Lady Wood / Blue Lips signed. But I got Tove's Queen of the Clouds and Lady Wood hand signed and an indie band signed my vinyl for me.

Antinemesis
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

That’s a very good find considering what it usually goes for, especially if it’s not in a condition that’s damaged in any way.

The signed ones I have are

- Dua Lipa (Amazon)

- Aly & AJ - Ten Years (Pledge Music)

- Fergie - Double Dutchess (Webstore)

And also signed inserts for Tell Me You Love Me and Queen.

Edit: Wait @Spider. reminded me I also have Blue Lips. :rip:

James_Dean
8 minutes ago, Spider. said:

omg wig! Fingers crossed for ya.

I bought Aly & AJ's and Tove Lo's Lady Wood / Blue Lips signed. But I got Tove's Queen of the Clouds and Lady Wood hand signed and an indie band signed my vinyl for me.

Ugh hand signed in person would make those vinyls that much more cherish-able :jonny4: the ones I own were ordered signed

7 minutes ago, Antinemesis said:

That’s a very good find considering what it usually goes for, especially if it’s not in a condition that’s damaged in any way.

The signed ones I have are

- Dua Lipa (Amazon)

- Aly & AJ - Ten Years (Pledge Music)

- Fergie - Double Dutchess (Webstore)

And also signed inserts for Tell Me You Love Me and Queen.

Edit: Wait @Spider. reminded me I also have Blue Lips. :rip:

Double Dutchess! Wig! I wanted that signed copy, but I didn't get it cause I didn't have a record player at the time :chick3: oh well, i own it now lol

Yeah, we'll see about the condition of the Bieber I ordered...

I'm not expecting much, especially based on the price, but it's still a fun collectable to own. :fan:

Edibles.

I have a signed COLLXTION I by Allie X, two signed Vroom Vroom by Charli XCX and a signed Siberia by Lights

James_Dean
18 minutes ago, KimmyBella said:

Girl.... :skull:

I'm sorry you missed it again :toofunny3:

Spider.

I swear the UO restock of Anti only happens when I'm asleep. :rip:

I wish there was a way to set an alert for it.

exfactor003
9 hours ago, James_Dean said:

these names might not sound familiar to anyone here, but I have four signed Loreena McKennitt LPs, and a signed Austra LP. hopefully I can add Mariah to this list this upcoming Wednesday.

Antinemesis
8 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Double Dutchess! Wig! I wanted that signed copy, but I didn't get it cause I didn't have a record player at the time :chick3: oh well, i own it now lol

Yeah, we'll see about the condition of the Bieber I ordered...

I'm not expecting much, especially based on the price, but it's still a fun collectable to own. :fan:

WAIT Now @Edibles. reminded me I have Vroom Vroom :ahh:

Spider.
1 hour ago, Spider. said:

I swear the UO restock of Anti only happens when I'm asleep. :rip:

I wish there was a way to set an alert for it.

I'm a mess. I just realized I posted the same thing twice.

Anyways, I just filed taxes and I'm actually getting a refund of like 600 bucks when I originally thought I was gonna owe like 1100. So... guess who's going SHOPPING? I want it, I GOT it.

Kings.

I’m not sure if any of you are on Depop, but you should be. I found a seller that’s selling somewhat rare vinyl for as low as $29 with shipping :jonny5:

Arcadius

Are they restocking like 5 copies of Anti at a time or something? Xbbb