Vinyl Talk | Madame X

10,019 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Spider. said:

My previous orders with Ariana's store (despite it being a toxic wasteland) have always had tracking. Both her site and the tracking link just say "pre-shipment" :(

Oh... well if it makes you feel any better I checked my thank u, next 7” status and it took 4 days for it to move from “data received” to “parcel scanned”.

Some shop posted a picture of the Nothing Breaks Like A Heart vinyl cover. I hope the vinyl is coloured!

nK1bgGE.jpg

28 minutes ago, jxxking said:

Some shop posted a picture of the Nothing Breaks Like A Heart vinyl cover. I hope the vinyl is coloured!

nK1bgGE.jpg

On the left you can see it's black I think? Still pretty cool

Urban Outfitters is pressing City Girls 2 albums 

On 4/2/2019 at 8:58 PM, Sadie Saxton said:

but my WWAFAWDWG? glow in the dark vinyl shipped the other day :jonny5:

i decided not to buy it after watching this 

Bought Nervous System by Julia Michaels and Noyes Complaint by Maty Noyes at Urban (both on sale) for $16USD. The store didn’t have ANTI 

My record player is skipping so badly. At first I thought it was the specific album I was playing, then I noticed it doing it on everything. I just have the super basic Crosley $40 (I think?) one. Is there a fix to this? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AM98GJ said:

On the left you can see it's black I think? Still pretty cool

I kinda think that that is another vinyl record laying underneath the NBLAH vinyl.

We will find out April 13! :)

5 minutes ago, tylerrcrush said:

My record player is skipping so badly. At first I thought it was the specific album I was playing, then I noticed it doing it on everything. I just have the super basic Crosley $40 (I think?) one. Is there a fix to this? 

Hmm, I'm not sure, I DO know that Crosley's aren't loved by a lot of vinyl lovers. I think it is because Crosley's easily ruin your records but I don't know I never had a Crosley.

ALSO, there's a Thank U Next vinyl being uploaded on some webshops.. I wonder which version it is.

With the black cover or the pink one.

1 minute ago, jxxking said:

Hmm, I'm not sure, I DO know that Crosley's aren't loved by a lot of vinyl lovers. I think it is because Crosley's easily ruin your records but I don't know I never had a Crosley.

ALSO, there's a Thank U Next vinyl being uploaded on some webshops.. I wonder which version it is.

With the black cover or the pink one.

Yeah I always see vinyl lovers saying bad things about Crosley. I just got this one for Christmas a few years ago and it's what got me into collecting and buying vinyl. I knew nothing about the brand and didn't even actually ask for it. It's probably time I upgraded anyway. Any good (but somewhat affordable) recommendations? 

And thank you! I've already ordered the black cover from her online store and Target is the store doing the pink cover with a clear pressing, which I ordered as well! :-*

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, tylerrcrush said:

Yeah I always see vinyl lovers saying bad things about Crosley. I just got this one for Christmas a few years ago and it's what got me into collecting and buying vinyl. I knew nothing about the brand and didn't even actually ask for it. It's probably time I upgraded anyway. Any good (but somewhat affordable) recommendations? 

And thank you! I've already ordered the black cover from her online store and Target is the store doing the pink cover with a clear pressing, which I ordered as well! :-*

A lot of people will probably recommend a Audio-Technica one which are great from what I heard. I personally have got the Lenco L-3808 record player.

It's not extremely well known but I LOVE it. There was this dutch magazine which rated it really highly and after doing my research I ordered it and haven't regretted it at all. I'd advise you to have a look at this article (or another one you can find on google): https://www.turntablelab.com/pages/beginners-guide-to-turntables. A good record player usually isn't really cheap but it's an investment you know. You will get so much better sound too. :eddie:

I just ordered a copy of the first pressing of Imogen Heap’s Ellipse album. So excited since it’s been on my want list for a while and finally showed up at an affordable price!

2 hours ago, Kayhan said:

i decided not to buy it after watching this 

Oof. Well this can be one I have framed and put on display. :toofunny3:

Everyone dragging her for not knowing how to use her record player.

:ahh:

17 hours ago, James_Dean said:

54266380_306680673358012_6631708096131174871_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com

:duca:

Whewwww I need it, may the RSD gods be with me this weekend :jonny:

29 minutes ago, Rocket said:

:bibliahh:

37 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Nnnn  :toofunny2:

5 hours ago, Antinemesis said:

I just ordered a copy of the first pressing of Imogen Heap’s Ellipse album. So excited since it’s been on my want list for a while and finally showed up at an affordable price!

Is there still any copies left?

2 hours ago, Spider. said:

Is there still any copies left?

I think there was one more up on Discogs but for the usual price which is pretty expensive. There have also been a couple of black ones up for a while but they aren’t very cheap either.

20 hours ago, jxxking said:

nK1bgGE.jpg

It’s just a standard black pressing.

6 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Golden Hour is at its new low of $16.99 on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079NBPH9S

Hmmm, I might have to get a copy.

-

Here’s the Record Store Day 2019 list with info on the variant and color of the vinyl. You can also buy any copies leftover the following day, April 14th!

24 minutes ago, Kings. said:

It’s just a standard black pressing.

Here’s the Record Store Day 2019 list with info on the variant and color of the vinyl. You can also buy any copies leftover the following day, April 14th!

Ah thank you!

My 7" TUN vinyl was delivered today! Thank you @exfactor003 i love it :hug:

53 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

My 7" TUN vinyl was delivered today! Thank you @exfactor003 i love it :hug:

enjoy. :party:

My Dancing With A Stranger vinyl finally arrived.

Does anyone else not smell the supposed scented sleeve? 

Still waiting for Ariana's store to actually send your items like:

tenor.gif?itemid=5618811