Battle Royale: Nicktoons Collide! | luckyfin.

Dessy

Hello and welcome to the game of Battle Royale. Players will be plunged into a Free-For-All Arena combat scenario. Think Hunger Games, Fortnite, or the name of the game itself that inspired it all.

battle_royale-1556056929-726x388.jpg

Concept

• Players are thrust into an arena where they complete against each other to be the last person standing.
  • This game will be broken into rounds of 24 hours each. You really only have to submit one action a day to stay alive and active.
  • You will use weapons, shields, armors, and other items to defeat other players and be the last person standing.
  • You can choose to communicate in the thread freely or message other players to make alliances or backstab them. I don’t really care. It’s up to you to determine how to use communication. You might wish to publicly state you’re going for an item. Or call for someone to be eliminated from the game. Or privately work out an agreement with another player. Or whatever you think you could do.

557706e86bb3f7c341e55aea?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Gameplay
This game is gonna invoke some 4th grade math so listen closely!

Basically this game is all about the four actions: Attack, Defense, Evade, and Take.

• Attack is your main method of defeating a player. You will attack one player with whatever weapon you choose.
  • Defense is how much damage you can take each round. Defense stats are automatically applied from armor and shield.  If you use Defense instead of anything else you gain +1 extra defense.
  • Evade is an action that you can take to ensure that you do not take damage from other players. However, you cannot evade the next turn after you use it.
  • Take is how you gain weapons and items to use. You can take from the arena or items not in use from other players.

You can only use one of these actions each round. There are also modifiers that will affect how Attack and Defense work. Nothing complicated but more on that in a bit.

Every player will start with:
Attack: 0
Defense: +1

No weapons or armors

At the very beginning of the first round, there will be a huge stock of weapons, armors, and other items. Throughout the game items will randomly drop either in bulk or in very small amounts. These items stat and ability will be known unless it’s a special one. There is no limit to amount of items a player can have but you can typically only use one each round.

Screen_Shot_2019_10_15_at_6.23.15_PM.png

Example - These are samples of how the game and rounds could go. Please read when you have the time.

Spoiler

Here is an example:

Round 1 has the following stock of items:

• Sword: +2 Attack
  • Shield: +2 Defense
  • Gun (Stock: 6): +4 Attack/Ranged
  • Riot Shield: +1 Defense
  • Bulletproof Vest: +1 Defense or +4 Ranged Defense
  • Bow & Arrow (Stock: 12): +2 Attack/Ranged
  • Grenade (Stock: 1): +5 Attack/Area
  • Sith Lightsaber: +4 attack/+2 Defense
  • Mythril Armor: +4 Defense
  • Black Panther Suit: +2 Attack/+3 Defense
  • Golden Apple: Can cause attacking players to go ‘insane’ for one turn. They will not be able to take any action next round
  • Bear Trap: Can set this item secretly and “trap” a player who approaches you. They will not be able to take any action and they lose -1 Defense.

There are only one of each as listed.

There are 5 players: Dessy, Miss Z, Samuel, Nicki, and Meek.

R1 actions:

• Dessy takes Sword.
  • Miss Z takes Mythril Armor.
  • Samuel takes Golden Apple.
  • Nicki takes Bulletproof Vest. Meek also takes the same item. Nicki wins the Bulletproof Vest.

This is an example action. As you can see Nicki and Meek went for the same item. The winner was simply determined through a randomizer, 50/50 chance. The loser is left with absolutely nothing. So you might think it’s better to go for a powerful item but other players may want it. Alternatively, I also took a risk for going for the simple item since it’s the weakest attack but it’ll let me target and defeat Meek next turn unless he take a good defense item the same turn, use defense (so that he has +2 defense for the round), or use Evade (completely avoid my attack).

Let’s advance to Round 4, after the game really got going.

Submitted actions (i.e. these were sent to the host in PM):

• Dessy attacks Samuel with Lightsaber.
  • Miss Z defends.
  • Meek attacks Nicki with Bow & Arrow.
  • Samuel uses a grenade on Nicki.
  • Nicki takes Sword from Dessy.

Results:

• Miss Z defended herself (+5 Defense).
  • Dessy attempted to defeat Samuel with a Sith Lightsaber (+4 attack) but Samuel’s Golden Apple activated, causing Dessy to go insane for one turn.
  • Samuel launched a grenade (+5 Area Attack) at Nicki. Meek also attacked Nicki with a Bow & Arrow (+2 Ranged Attack).

---

• Nicki successfully takes Sword from Dessy. Nicki suffered +7 damage, exceeding her +1 defense. She is eliminated.
  • Dessy was caught in the proximity of a grenade blast and suffered +5 damage exceeding his +3 defense. He is eliminated.
  • Samuel was accidentally caught in the same blast and suffered +5 damage exceeding his +1 defense. He is eliminated.

Two players remain.

--------------------------------------------------------

It’s pretty obvious why Nicki died. Two players targeted her enough to overwhelm any possible defense. Dessy died due to the grenade area effect since Nicki was near him. And since Dessy was near Samuel, he was simply too close as well. Meek suffered no damage because he used a ranged attack so he was nowhere near the blast. And of course the talented Miss Z was the only one smart enough not to mess with anyone. You can imagine there are many ways to go about playing but the ultimate goal of the game is to survive.

I hope this example provides some insight into how the game would go or at least invoke some questions. I know it looks rather complex but this is largely on the host ends. All you have to mostly worry about is your own stats (attack, defense) and the stats of other players as well as any alliances and powers as you would in any other game.

Oh did I say powers? Yes ALL players will have power. Some better than others but nothing negative. More in Themes.

There will also be random events to help the game along. Maybe you’ll fight attack dogs. Maybe no one can attack due to a fog. Maybe everyone gets one random items from the sky. Who knows?

Themes
Personally, I could just force a theme on y’all but I’m letting you all vote on one of three. Each theme will have their own scenarios and items that fit them as well as characters, i.e. how you get powers.

Please vote on one of these themes (https://forms.gle/zx9RLZ7M7N5Lb2Vo7):

Nicktoons Collide!

lede-9-1300x426.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&webp=1

-Feature characters from the various Nickelodeon Cartoons including Spongebob Squarepants, Danny Phantom, Angelica Pickles, Otto Rocket, Wanda, Jimmy Neutron, etc.
-Each round a random stage will appear reflecting one of the nicktoon multiverse. Each stage has their own effects.
-Related items include Jellyfish Net, Skateboard, Shrink Ray, Pacifier, Fairy Wand, etc.

WWE Women’s Revolution

3a4eb521bd32afd5ff02034a91957e5e.jpg
-Features the women of WWE/WWF including the likes of Trish Stratus, Becky Lynch, Naomi, Ronda Rousey, Chyna, Zelina Vega, Asuka, etc.
-Takes places in a pro wrestling environment such as the Ring, Backstage, Locker Room, Guerilla Position, etc. Areas cycle depending on actions taken by players.
-Include related items like steel chairs, sledgehammers, championship belts, catering, etc.

Once Upon A Time

giphy.gif
-Feature characters from the ABC show including the like of Emma Swan, Regina the Evil Queen, Rumplestiltskin, Zelena the Wicked Witch of the West, Killian Jones (Hook), and more.
-Takes place between the real world and the magical realms. Setting mostly determines the effectiveness of some items and abilities.
-Items include the likes of Mulan’s Sword, Dark One Dagger, Enchanted Bow, Unholy Grail, etc.

https://forms.gle/zx9RLZ7M7N5Lb2Vo7

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dessy

• Guero

• Touch It

• miguel

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Disruptive

If you haven't read don't forget to vote for a theme or else we won't have a game!

1. Disruptive

2. Astronomy

3. fiercE

4. Hug

voted for once upon a time cuz yeah

question tho, i'm guessing you 'take' an item privately? aka by dm'ing you and not by posting it in the thread?

So this reminds me of a more fleshed out version of ATRL Dodgeball which was a fun game! I'm glad someone is hosting a game like this. I can't imagine this would take too long to finish.

8 minutes ago, Disruptive said:

voted for once upon a time cuz yeah

question tho, i'm guessing you 'take' an item privately? aka by dm'ing you and not by posting it in the thread?

Yes. One of the four actions must be submitted to me in pm. You don't even need to post in the thread for most of the game if you don't want to. But that's just boring.

7 minutes ago, Hug said:

So this reminds me of a more fleshed out version of ATRL Dodgeball which was a fun game! I'm glad someone is hosting a game like this. I can't imagine this would take too long to finish.

Could finish anytime between 5 days to 2 weeks if we have 20+ players. More players mean more opportunities to die ofc.

1. Disruptive

2. Astronomy

3. fiercE

4. Hug

5. PinkBox

6. Staryu

Sign me up even tho I haven’t read fka destro’s post xx

This horse race going on for the themes rn. :rip:

1. Disruptive

2. Astronomy

3. fiercE

4. Hug

5. PinkBox

6. Staryu

7. FKA Amaloner

8. luckystrike

1. Disruptive

2. Astronomy

3. fiercE

4. Hug

5. PinkBox

6. Staryu

7. FKA Amaloner

8. luckystrike

9. A Public Affair 

1. Disruptive

2. Astronomy

3. fiercE

4. Hug

5. PinkBox

6. Staryu

7. FKA Amaloner

8. luckystrike

9. A Public Affair

10. kiiwii

11. thecptz

I feel like I'm gonna die fast, but lets give it a try :eli:

1. Disruptive

2. Astronomy

3. fiercE

4. Hug

5. PinkBox

6. Staryu

7. FKA Amaloner

8. luckystrike

9. A Public Affair

10. kiiwii

11. thecptz

12. Touch It

13. Dibbles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.