Diversity 2 | WINNER: Janelle Monáe (Dessy)

luckystrike

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckystrike

• thecptz

• Dessy

• PinkBox

Just now, Anthem said:

Do I have to rank these songs or anything, or is it all based on the judges?

just the judges. let them do the dirty work and we can do the complaining. :eli:

1 minute ago, Anthem said:

Do I have to rank these songs or anything, or is it all based on the judges?

no girl this ain’t ranking roulette :bibliahh: it’s all up to the judges

2 minutes ago, touya kinomoto said:

Okay, maybe Miss @Noah snappedT with ha choice.

thank u :heart2: your entry is cute too :gaycat4:

omg whoever sent golden hour won :clap3:

FTjdsWO.png

Jason Mraz:  This was just okay. The song is fitting for the theme, the lyrics are cute and his vocals are nice. It's not my cup of tea and I would never want to hear this song again, it wasn't bad, but just boring.

Kacey Musgraves: A good choice for the theme. As someone who is not familiar with her discography, this definitely made me want to check her out more!

Ariana Grande: I don't need to say a lot about this one. One of Miss Grandes best love songs! Lyrics and vocals are all on POINT. Perfect choice. Thank god you didn't go with TBY, aka the biggest snoozefest of her career. 

Madonna: I feel like there are better love songs on the album. This sounds like Madonna FORCING love on someone though and the lyrics are kind of off-putting. Still a very cute choice! You can never go wrong with Bedtime Stories. 

Celine Dion: Chills. From start to finish, she really did THAT. :weeps: Her voice is so warm and just perfect for songs like these. Excellent choice! 

Rihanna: Rihanna serving vocals I-  :cupid: not one of my favorite Riri love songs, but it's a great track nonetheless and fits the theme very well.

Katy Perry: I was hoping THIS Katy Perry song would be picked. One of her best songs ever! This is that song to keep on replay when you're first falling in love with someone :smitten: 

Britney Spears: this is cute, didn't really move me overall though. It's not bad for this theme though. Points for the lyrics and that funny outro

Lorde: I didn't like this at all :noparty:Being objective though, it is again very theme fitting. "But we're the greatest, they'll hang us in the Louvre. Down the back, but who cares, still the Louvre" This line is a kii though, 10 points for that (jk obv):eli: 

Nicki: YES Nicki make me BEG on all four for ya love :jonny: a TRACK whew, adding Ariana to it only makes it even BETTER. This should become the official Valentines Day classic. 

HyunA: okay I didn't expect to be slayed like this:jonny6: I don't know what she's saying but we stan
Carrie Underwood: this is the first Carrie song I've heard in like a decade and it made me appreciate her voice again. I forgot how good she can sound. Theme-wise, this is really fitting as well, the song is also very cute. Nice pick!

Janelle Monae: I never got the hype for Janelle, so as expected this didn't really move me. :dancehall: 

Miguel: his voice is so sexy :jonny5:I love his laughs throughout the song, the lyrics also make you want to fall in love again  :fan:

Taylor Swift: I guess this is great for when you're falling in love and just turned 12. 

Fantasia: OKAY Miss Barrino you better sing your ass off! I like this, a cute pick for this round and theme. :clap3: 
Lana: I usually don't like ANY of her songs, but this kinda did something to me. I love this song and the title is self explanatory. I don't think you could've went with a better choice than this!

The Weeknd: one of his best songs ever :weeps: lyrics, vocals, production, everything is just on point. He delivered.

Sigrid: I expected this to be like the title suggests: "basic". The chorus is catchy. Overall it didn't do anything to me, but it wasn't the worst choice here.

Marina: Just like the Sigrid song, the chorus is catchy, the verses fall flat and it doesn't really move me in general. This was kinda boring, Jason Mraz teas. 

Demi Lovato: finally a VOCALIST again, this track truly showcases her voice so well :jonny:I don't love this track, but her vocals and the lyrics are saving the song a lot.

Zayn: This album was a tragedy, but this is one of the better songs on it. His voice is just so damn sexy :smitten: the chorus is so strong, I love it. Verses are a bit flat too, but overall this isn't a bad choice. You should've picked the superior Common though. :dancehall:

Fifth Harmony: Um OKAY? I didn't expect a Fifth Harmony track to come through like this, a very good choice ma'am. Adding this to my playlist.

Florence: eh

Miley Cyrus: this is what Enchanted tried to be. A cute, little more grown up love song performed by a teenager. It's cute for what it is. It's not THAT song, but it fits the criteria for this round. 

Years & Years: okay they're not really my favorites, but the song has something magical to it. It's a good track and perfect for the theme. 

Tinashe: Definitely one of the highlights on Aquarius. The chorus is a bit annoying, but overall a very good song. Nice choice! 
Girls Aloud: this sounds like something out of Madonna's Bedtime Stories. Well, at least till the chorus hits. Lovely choice, not one of the best though. 

Loona: Just like HyunA, I don't know a single thing they're saying but we STAN! The chorus is addicting. :heart2:

Ellie Goulding: this is somewhere in the middle for me :dancehall: it's definitely not the worst choice, the song fulfils the criteria for this round very much, I just couldn't vibe a lot with it. I guess it's not bad for a Ellie album track though. :eli: 

Kelly Clarkson: just like Ellie's, I can't really vibe with this song but it does fulfil the criteria, which is something I can appreciate

Alicia Keys: Now, now sis...Out of all the amazing Alicia Keys love songs you come up with this mediocre one. I mean she's a vocalist, so you already got me with this, but the song itself is meh. Her vocals are crystal clear and all but the song itself is a bit boring. 

Hope I don't get dragged too hard

hwzmfkX.gif

Well I guess that’s okay, I love Obsessed cuz it reminds me of being younger

10 minutes ago, Genio said:

FTjdsWO.png

Jason Mraz:  This was just okay. The song is fitting for the theme, the lyrics are cute and his vocals are nice. It's not my cup of tea and I would never want to hear this song again, it wasn't bad, but just boring.

Kacey Musgraves: A good choice for the theme. As someone who is not familiar with her discography, this definitely made me want to check her out more!

Ariana Grande: I don't need to say a lot about this one. One of Miss Grandes best love songs! Lyrics and vocals are all on POINT. Perfect choice. Thank god you didn't go with TBY, aka the biggest snoozefest of her career. 

Madonna: I feel like there are better love songs on the album. This sounds like Madonna FORCING love on someone though and the lyrics are kind of off-putting. Still a very cute choice! You can never go wrong with Bedtime Stories. 

Celine Dion: Chills. From start to finish, she really did THAT. :weeps: Her voice is so warm and just perfect for songs like these. Excellent choice! 

Rihanna: Rihanna serving vocals I-  :cupid: not one of my favorite Riri love songs, but it's a great track nonetheless and fits the theme very well.

Katy Perry: I was hoping THIS Katy Perry song would be picked. One of her best songs ever! This is that song to keep on replay when you're first falling in love with someone :smitten: 

Britney Spears: this is cute, didn't really move me overall though. It's not bad for this theme though. Points for the lyrics and that funny outro

Lorde: I didn't like this at all :noparty:Being objective though, it is again very theme fitting. "But we're the greatest, they'll hang us in the Louvre. Down the back, but who cares, still the Louvre" This line is a kii though, 10 points for that (jk obv):eli: 

Nicki: YES Nicki make me BEG on all four for ya love :jonny: a TRACK whew, adding Ariana to it only makes it even BETTER. This should become the official Valentines Day classic. 

HyunA: okay I didn't expect to be slayed like this:jonny6: I don't know what she's saying but we stan
Carrie Underwood: this is the first Carrie song I've heard in like a decade and it made me appreciate her voice again. I forgot how good she can sound. Theme-wise, this is really fitting as well, the song is also very cute. Nice pick!

Janelle Monae: I never got the hype for Janelle, so as expected this didn't really move me. :dancehall: 

Miguel: his voice is so sexy :jonny5:I love his laughs throughout the song, the lyrics also make you want to fall in love again  :fan:

Taylor Swift: I guess this is great for when you're falling in love and just turned 12. 

Fantasia: OKAY Miss Barrino you better sing your ass off! I like this, a cute pick for this round and theme. :clap3: 
Lana: I usually don't like ANY of her songs, but this kinda did something to me. I love this song and the title is self explanatory. I don't think you could've went with a better choice than this!

The Weeknd: one of his best songs ever :weeps: lyrics, vocals, production, everything is just on point. He delivered.

Sigrid: I expected this to be like the title suggests: "basic". The chorus is catchy. Overall it didn't do anything to me, but it wasn't the worst choice here.

Marina: Just like the Sigrid song, the chorus is catchy, the verses fall flat and it doesn't really move me in general. This was kinda boring, Jason Mraz teas. 

Demi Lovato: finally a VOCALIST again, this track truly showcases her voice so well :jonny:I don't love this track, but her vocals and the lyrics are saving the song a lot.

Zayn: This album was a tragedy, but this is one of the better songs on it. His voice is just so damn sexy :smitten: the chorus is so strong, I love it. Verses are a bit flat too, but overall this isn't a bad choice. You should've picked the superior Common though. :dancehall:

Fifth Harmony: Um OKAY? I didn't expect a Fifth Harmony track to come through like this, a very good choice ma'am. Adding this to my playlist.

Florence: eh

Miley Cyrus: this is what Enchanted tried to be. A cute, little more grown up love song performed by a teenager. It's cute for what it is. It's not THAT song, but it fits the criteria for this round. 

Years & Years: okay they're not really my favorites, but the song has something magical to it. It's a good track and perfect for the theme. 

Tinashe: Definitely one of the highlights on Aquarius. The chorus is a bit annoying, but overall a very good song. Nice choice! 
Girls Aloud: this sounds like something out of Madonna's Bedtime Stories. Well, at least till the chorus hits. Lovely choice, not one of the best though. 

Loona: Just like HyunA, I don't know a single thing they're saying but we STAN! The chorus is addicting. :heart2:

Ellie Goulding: this is somewhere in the middle for me :dancehall: it's definitely not the worst choice, the song fulfils the criteria for this round very much, I just couldn't vibe a lot with it. I guess it's not bad for a Ellie album track though. :eli: 

Kelly Clarkson: just like Ellie's, I can't really vibe with this song but it does fulfil the criteria, which is something I can appreciate

Alicia Keys: Now, now sis...Out of all the amazing Alicia Keys love songs you come up with this mediocre one. I mean she's a vocalist, so you already got me with this, but the song itself is meh. Her vocals are crystal clear and all but the song itself is a bit boring. 

Hope I don't get dragged too hard

hwzmfkX.gif

56 minutes ago, luckystrike said:

Demi Lovato - “Lionheart” 

girl this is about her dog dying sdgfdghfg

4 minutes ago, Moonlightbae said:

you can’t be in love with your dog?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuObRYeXv5T0E-oSsjuAS

22 minutes ago, Genio said:

Lorde: I didn't like this at all :noparty:

you’re not even on the panel... who let you in here? somebody get the mods

18 minutes ago, Moonlightbae said:

Not rlly, she just dedicated it to ha after she died :weeps: Rip tho

Lionheart isn't her best love song tho... 

53 minutes ago, Moonlightbae said:

Well the song can still be interpreted as a love song. I mean just listen to the lyrics, especially the melodic chorus.

Our story binds us
Like right and wrong
Your hand in mine
Marching to the beat of the stars

And we walk together into the light
And my love will be your armor tonight
We are lionhearts
And we stand together facing a war
And our love is gonna conquer it all
We are lionhearts

If those lyrics don't make you feel love then I guess we agree to disagree.

ty for the stanning, hopefully that means I won't be out first

hwzmfkX.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.