'Cozy Little Christmas' missed Hot 100, why?

Hurem

Slikovni rezultat za cozy little christmas"Slikovni rezultat za cozy little christmas"

Katy's holiday single 'Cozy Little Christmas' was released on all platforms after being an Amazon exclusive in 2018 and peaking at #53 on Hot 100.

Many have predicted that the song would repeak considering the push across all platforms, but it ended up missing Hot 100 completely. What went wrong? Does "Cozy" have a chance of charting again during 2020 holiday season?

Slikovni rezultat za katy christmas gif atrl"

biblicalmonster

Because nobody cares about her anymore, even Britney’s song released in 2000 got 2x streams than CLC.

Edited by biblicalmonster
  • #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi

The way you had this on your calendar specifically for today so that you can make this thread :clown:

7 minutes ago, Rodrighost said:

:toofunny2: where, where are they?.gif

Spotify

Christmas Hits (2.97M followers)

Christmas Pop (1.56M followers)

Apple Music

Holiday Hits

Amazon
Christmas Present
50 Great Holiday Songs

Modern Christmas Favorites

Holiday Pop Hits

Music video on YouTube, social media push, etc...

Rodrighost

4 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

The way you had this on your calendar specifically for today so that you can make this thread :clown:

Are you even trying to make sense

OT: NO starpower :dancehall2:

NightCrawler

It is recurrent so it would have had to enter the Top50 to appear on the charts again and it missed it. #26 on the Rolling Stone Chart (which excludes radio and has no recurrent rule) is pretty good though and it will probably do better next year.

For the same reason Santa Tell Me didn't return. Because it's a recurrent song and it needs enough points to return in the top 50.

• #FreeBritney Activist
Breathe On Moi
19 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Are you even trying to make sense

OT: NO starpower :dancehall2:

Can’t help that you can’t read, happy new year  :clown:

OT: A cute lil Christmas single :party:

33 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

For the same reason HIH and Small Talk missed the chart

Small Talk didn’t miss the chart.

Keep trying, Sunshine. <3

1 hour ago, Green said:

For the same reason Santa Tell Me didn't return. Because it's a recurrent song and it needs enough points to return in the top 50.

The OP is completely aware of that and he is stating that many people predicted it reaching a new peak  and that is the actual reason he created this thread in order to find out what went wrong.

F2TxfNt.jpg

Edited by Hot Volcano
TeenageDreaming
1 hour ago, NightCrawler said:

It is recurrent so it would have had to enter the Top50 to appear on the charts again and it missed it. #26 on the Rolling Stone Chart (which excludes radio and has no recurrent rule) is pretty good though and it will probably do better next year.

Pretty good for a fad with a one year old song:cm:

DesiredConsternation
1 hour ago, Green said:

that's not how recurrent works, you have to get 20 weeks on the charts to be barred from charting below 100 and as we all know neither CLC no Santa Tell Me has this 

starataneori

its not released in the radios, at least it's picking up some streams.  worry about your fav who is scared to release anything pop yet a solo song. 

1 hour ago, DesiredConsternation said:

that's not how recurrent works, you have to get 20 weeks on the charts to be barred from charting below 100 and as we all know neither CLC no Santa Tell Me has this 

No. Old songs are moved to recurrent months after they leave the Hot 100, it doesn't matter if they don't reach 20 weeks on the chart. Santa Tell Me & Cozy Little Christmas charted on the Recurrent chart this week:

HOT 100 RECURRENTS
The week of January 4, 2020
TW LW 2W WOC Title Artist ( Peak ) Imprint | label
1 14 -- 36 Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - John & Yoko/The Plastic Ono Band With The Harlem Community Choir ( 1 ) Apple, Capitol
2 NEW 1 Deck The Halls - Nat King Cole ( 2 ) Capitol
3 Re-Entry 25 Lucid Dreams - Juice WRLD ( 3 ) Grade A
4 22 -- 7 Little Saint Nick - The Beach Boys ( 4 ) Capitol
5 20 25 42 Please Come Home For Christmas - Eagles ( 5 ) Elektra, Asylum
6 1 1 9 Sunflower (Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse) - Post Malone & Swae Lee ( 1 ) Republic
7 NEW 1 Only Human - Jonas Brothers ( 7 ) Republic
8 Re-Entry 2 Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande ( 8 ) Republic
9 NEW 1 Cozy Little Christmas - Katy Perry ( 9 ) Capitol

10 2 8 4 Suge - DaBaby ( 2 ) SouthCoast
11 Re-Entry 13 It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - Michael Buble ( 11 ) Reprise, 143
12 Re-Entry 3 Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt ( 12 ) RCA, Sony Strategic Marketing Group
13 Re-Entry 3 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Michael Buble ( 3 ) Reprise, 143
14 NEW 1 Christmas Time Is Here - Vince Guaraldi Trio ( 14 ) Fantasy
15 Re-Entry 23 Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney ( 1 ) Capitol, MPL
16 13 7 3 I Don't Care - Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber ( 7 ) Atlantic, SchoolBoy, Raymond Braun
17 NEW 1 Hawaiian Christmas Song (Mele Kalikmaka) - Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters ( 17 ) MCA, Geffen, Decca
18 10 3 3 Talk - Khalid ( 3 ) Right Hand
19 11 4 3 Baby - Lil Baby & DaBaby ( 4 ) Motown, Quality Control
20 15 -- 2 Beautiful People - Ed Sheeran Featuring Khalid ( 15 ) Atlantic, Right Hand
21 23 18 5 Sucker - Jonas Brothers ( 2 ) Republic
22 Re-Entry 2 I'll Be Home For Christmas - Bing Crosby ( 13 ) MCA, Geffen
23 Re-Entry 3 Frosty The Snowman - Jimmy Durante ( 11 ) Warner Bros.
24 NEW 1 Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - Jackson 5 ( 24 ) Motown
25 Re-Entry 15 Merry Christmas Darling - Carpenters ( 11 ) A&M