Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

16,622 posts in this topic

Add me on Switch ladies

1025-7411-9244

17 hours ago, Eternium said:

Nintendo honestly ****ed the series over so hard. We worked so hard for Operation Rainfall and most of us never even got to play the games because they were such limited releases.

I heard about oprainfall but didn't pay that much attention to it tbh. I only got XC because I read a review for it that talked about how surprising it was that the Wii's best RPG came so late in its cycle. I was in the mood for an RPG, so I got it and had no idea what I was in for :jonny:

2 hours ago, justin. said:

right now, I’d also say XC2 is my favorite game of all time.

WOW, the taste is really jumping out in this base lately :clap3:

Thursday at 3 CST we’ll be getting the new NPD numbers. I better see one of you girlies grabbing that thread.

I wish Sega release SPACE CHANNEL 5  remastered  on Nintendo Switch :jonny:

Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe is a fun 2D ride.  Since Peachette is one of the selling points for owning this port, I really hope Nintendo looks into developing a game where she's the protagonist (they can throw in Daisy & Rosalina as other playable characters too). I know there's Super Princess Peach but that game is a mess, so I need a proper one done right.

18 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I heard about oprainfall but didn't pay that much attention to it tbh. I only got XC because I read a review for it that talked about how surprising it was that the Wii's best RPG came so late in its cycle. I was in the mood for an RPG, so I got it and had no idea what I was in for :jonny:

WOW, the taste is really jumping out in this base lately :clap3:

Yeah, I didn’t do much but supported a lot of the viral efforts and when they released the games, my area sold out almost immediately and I was never able to find it online. We’ll probably get an HD Remaster next year to celebrate its tenth anniversary :jonny: 

20 hours ago, justin. said:

Vesperia is so good! It’s scratching the JRPG itch I’ve been having.

But you guys are also making me want to play XC1. I have it for the 3DS, but I only played like an hour of it. (I don’t have a Wii anymore, sadly) right now, I’d also say XC2 is my favorite game of all time.

Amazon still hasn’t shipped my copy. I’m so jealous reading these posts but happy that it means the demand is outpacing the supply :clap3: 

We need a new proper RPG Paper Mario on Switch like the ones on N64 and GC because the last 3 paper mario games were not the tea, also a new Pokemon Snap and a new Golden Sun.

frqeGy2.png

8 minutes ago, Gourgeist said:

We need a new proper RPG Paper Mario on Switch like the ones on N64 and GC because the last 3 paper mario games were not the tea, also a new Pokemon Snap and a new Golden Sun.

frqeGy2.png

Super Paper Mario was a CLASSIC and Color Splash was a cute girl with terrible gameplay. Not too much on them.

But I honestly think we’ll get a Paper Mario announcement and release this year. It’s a perfect September game.

Paper Mario is dead and buried, Mario & Luigi is spinning on it's wheels and going nowhere. Mario RPGs are done.

frqeGy2.png

What are some of the best JRPGs you guys have played? I'm looking forward to new ones this year and I'd like to know your suggestions.

I've already played/have to finish:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Bravely Default

Bravely Second

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Tales of Graces

Dragon Quest Swords

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

And I have Dragon Quest XI S, Tales of Vesperia and XC2's Torna in my 2019 must-have games list. 

Feel free to recommend old ones. I wouldn't mind downloading a GBA emulator (or any other) to play. :duca: 

My bfs NSMBUD save file was just randomly deleted wth :biblio:

1 hour ago, thatsmydemi said:

What are some of the best JRPGs you guys have played? I'm looking forward to new ones this year and I'd like to know your suggestions.

Bravely Default

Bravely Second

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Graces

Dragon Quest Swords

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

And I have Dragon Quest XI S, Tales of Vesperia and XC2's Torna in my 2019 must-have games list. 

Feel free to recommend old ones. I wouldn't mind downloading a GBA emulator (or any other) to play. :duca: 

Play Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for GBA. Shin Megami Tensei series for the 3ds are cute too.

frqeGy2.png

2 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

So you've never played Chrono Trigger? Or any of the Final Fantasy games? I love VII, VIII, XI, XIII (only the first one) the most, and X is a pretty cute girl if you wanna snatch that when it comes to the Switch this year. Looks like you're more into the classic JRPG style? If you're open to darker (harder), more realistic RPGs, you might consider Dark Souls or Skyrim (also on Switch). Maybe watch a gameplay video or review on YouTube first to see if you like the style.

Speaking of RPGs, Nintendo needs to lean in to the console's RPG potential and release ports of Witcher 3 and Persona 5 :weeps:

Is Tales of Vesperia good? I want to buy it but idk.

3 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Bravely Default

Bravely Second

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Graces

Dragon Quest Swords

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Hmm... Persona 5 is a must have, and Octopath Traveler was cute too.

4 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Bravely Default

Bravely Second

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Graces

Dragon Quest Swords

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Persona 3

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 5

Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne (if you're up for a challenge)

Shin Megami Tensai Digital Devil Saga

Shin Megami Tensai Digital Devil Saga 2

Shin Megami Tensai IV and/or IV Apocalypse (Apocalypse is easier and more approachable though it kind of starts in the middle of IV)

Shin Megami Tensai Strange Journey Redux

Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

FFX

FFXII

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

So you've never played Chrono Trigger? Or any of the Final Fantasy games? I love VII, VIII, XI, XIII (only the first one) the most, and X is a pretty cute girl if you wanna snatch that when it comes to the Switch this year. Looks like you're more into the classic JRPG style? If you're open to darker (harder), more realistic RPGs, you might consider Dark Souls or Skyrim (also on Switch). Maybe watch a gameplay video or review on YouTube first to see if you like the style.

Speaking of RPGs, Nintendo needs to lean in to the console's RPG potential and release ports of Witcher 3 and Persona 5 :weeps:

Skyrim in no ways is hard :skull:

31 minutes ago, Seros said:

Persona 3

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 5

Shin Megami Tensai Nocturne (if you're up for a challenge)

Shin Megami Tensai Digital Devil Saga

Shin Megami Tensai Digital Devil Saga 2

Shin Megami Tensai IV and/or IV Apocalypse (Apocalypse is easier and more approachable though it kind of starts in the middle of IV)

Shin Megami Tensai Strange Journey Redux

Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

FFX

FFXII

Thank you so much! :hug::duca: 

3 hours ago, Gourgeist said:

Play Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age for GBA. Shin Megami Tensei series for the 3ds are cute too.

frqeGy2.png

I was literally looking for Golden Sun info the moment I posted that. Everyone talks good about it and it's probably going to be the next one I play. :duca: 

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

I've never played Final Fantasy.. Fun fact, I always thought it was some Kingdom Hearts clone till I actually searched it :toofunny3: Now that it's coming to Switch I'll probably get some of them :duca: 

And yeah, I'm more into classic JRPG style. I absolutely love anime style RPGs and turn based ones (although the latter is not really a requirement). But I'd love to play Dark Souls/Skyrim at some point! 

Thank you! :) 

35 minutes ago, Axel. said:

Hmm... Persona 5 is a must have, and Octopath Traveler was cute too.

I'm still waiting for the Persona 5 on Switch trailer. I'm so buying it. :jonny5:  looks so good. As for Octopath, I'll probably get it eventually. Looks amazing as well!

10 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Bravely Default

Bravely Second

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of Graces

Dragon Quest Swords

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Basically every Final Fantasy 6-10 are great

Persona 3/4/5

Xenoblade 1 

Xenogears is a classic if you can handle its dated-ness graphically

Tales of Berseria 

Chrono Trigger obviously 

But I think my top 3 recommendations in no order would be FFX, Suikoden 2 (Suikoden in general is great besides 4 but 2 is probably in the top 3 JRPGs of all time), as well as my most recent play that might just be my favorite JRPG of all or very close: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I never heard of trails until last year because it's from a smaller company that does zero promo so it's really only talked about by word of mouth due to its quality, but it's a MUST play imo if you can handle long and slow burning games cause it's very long (it's even split into 2 full-length games due to how long it was) but it also has who I think is the best JRPG protagonist of all time and they're even a female protagonist on top of that. They also SLAYED the characterization, managing to have 16 prominent characters and I don't dislike even one of them when almost every game with half the cast has at least one dud for me and it also has tons of strong women as well as probably the best written LGBT character I've ever seen in a JRPG (for a game from 2004!) besides one messy ''joke'' about it that luckily was only at the very beginning and quickly faded away. Not even just one of the best-written LGBT characters, one of the best-written characters in a JRPG in general. 

Rant over, I just had more to say about that series than anything else because it's relatively unknown + I JUST got done playing it a month or two ago. :skull: 

3 hours ago, Seros said:

Skyrim in no ways is hard :skull:

That was clearly about Dark Souls. But maybe Skyrim is hard to adjust to if you're used to playing games like Tales of Symphonia and Ni No Kuni? :michael: It can be difficult to adjust to such different gameplay mechanics!

On 1/11/2019 at 11:48 AM, touchofmyhand said:

I can’t be the only one who thinks Bayonetta 1 is better than 2? The story, music and atmosphere was way better. 2 felt like just another action game. I can see why it’s more likeable since it’s way easier and more straightforward than 1.

I totally agree. 

I got a Switch like three weeks ago, and I bought Smash and Let's Go. Next game I plan to get is Breath of the Wild, but it's gonna be a while. RE2 and KH3 coming out for PS4 is gonna occupy my days!

16 hours ago, Subomie said:

Paper Mario is dead and buried, Mario & Luigi is spinning on it's wheels and going nowhere. Mario RPGs are done.

frqeGy2.png

it pains me to say it, but tea

I would love a Kingdom Hearts esque rpg that includes characters from a bunch of different Nintendo franchises.

Also, I love how every JRPG has an annoying ass party member, and I can tell in Vesperia, it’s going to be Karol. I already can’t stand him. 

2 hours ago, justin. said:

I would love a Kingdom Hearts esque rpg that includes characters from a bunch of different Nintendo franchises.

Also, I love how every JRPG has an annoying ass party member, and I can tell in Vesperia, it’s going to be Karol. I already can’t stand him. 

Shin Megami Tensai can't relate

justin.