13,977 posts in this topic

Dylangaga

So many stans in here!

Make sure to purchase the game of the year winner, Breath Of The Wild! :gaycat1: 

And don't forget to preorder Kirby Allies, Attack On Titan 2, and the Labo Kits! :gaycat1: 

justin.
14 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

So many stans in here!

Make sure to purchase the game of the year winner, Breath Of The Wild! :gaycat1: 

And don't forget to preorder Kirby Allies, Attack On Titan 2, and the Labo Kits! :gaycat1: 

This reminded me. I was in GameStop today with my fellow gay bestie and the cute tatted nerdy guy working was asking us what games we are playing/what consoles we have. I obviously have a Switch, and he asked if I was going to get any of the Labo Kits, and I said no. I then explained to my friend that they are “cardboard toys you put your Switch in, which should be really cool for kids.” The cute guy said, in a very shy voice, “a lot of adults are interested in Labo.” I wanted to hug him right there. 

Kylie Minogue

nintendo remove the anime-looking characters from smash challenge, do that challenege

ceremonials

Yes no more Fire Emblem characters please :rip:

Kanji
2 hours ago, Attitude said:

Pikmin 3 was in development since 2008 and got released in 2013. We're going to be waiting a very long time. :skull:

They really shouldn't have done that interview years ago where they said the game was practically finished. I feel like I predict Pikmin 4 at every direct only to be disappointed.

Kanji
29 minutes ago, Kylie Minogue said:

nintendo remove the anime-looking characters from smash challenge, do that challenege

Just say Fire Emblem.

Kanji

I'm shocked at the lack of Yoshi too. The fact that they're saving Yoshi of all things for E3 is strange af. 

Dylangaga

They need to re make Yoshi! I'm not feeling the game but ill still buy it tbh

JonginBey
1 hour ago, Shawn said:

i wonder who they will add from Arms

Kingman of course :alexz: 

Subomie

Poor Yosh, he had one really good game 20 years ago and has been just kinda wheeled out for any old mediocre cash grab for his cute appeal by Ninty since :'( 

Tylerbv

Woolly World was a slay tho.

stevenisFADING

Purchased the SplatGOD 2 DLC for 15.88. I put those My Nintendo gold coins to use. :gaycat4:

Domination
3 hours ago, SamXX said:

I hope Bayonetta is a character in Smash Bros. rather than a paid DLC like in the 3DS/Wii U version.

With the 3rd game coming as a Nintendo exclusive again (which they own the IP for) and the release, there's no doubt in my mind she'll be a main character. The only thing keeping her from being first party is the rights to her character and the first game.

Boniqua

I literally went into this expecting nothing because OBVIOUSLY they'd save their heavy hitters for E3...welp. I was wrong (but only because of the very end lol).

Random Direct thoughts:

- Wish the WarioWare game was for Switch. Smooth Moves was a blast on Wii.

- Luigi's Mansion being ported to...3DS...bye. Just make a sequel or an HD re-release on home console pls. I really don't understand why they're trying to keep the 3DS afloat. It's counterproductive to try and keep it alive alongside Switch.

- Happy to see Octopath Traveler dated. It's nice to play a new JRPG that feels old-school in 2018. The whole 8 stories thing gives me Saga Frontier teas.

- Okay, I'm sorry, but that Dark Souls amiibo is literally the most worthless thing ever. I laughed.

- Mario Tennis actually looks appealing, as it should after they plagued the series with Ultra Smash. I love that they are actually wearing tennis outfits and Chainchomp serving as the wtf character. Don't think I'd buy day one and pay full price for it though. We'll see.

- Captain Toad being ported with bonus stuff lol. At this point, the only Wii U games I own that have yet to be ported or receive sequels are NintendoLand, Mario Party (you know it's bound to happen), Amiibo Festival (trash, I only wanted the amiibo), Mario & Sonic (trash, got it to play with my niece), and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I should look into selling my Wii U stuff while I still might get something for it, honestly.

- However, I low-key wanna buy Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition but I just don't see myself having the patience to play through it again after playing it so much on Wii U. The Legends stuff just isn't enough of a draw but maybe later at a discount.

- Splatoon Ver. 3 bringing back Camp Triggerfish and Piranha Pit yasssss. I was just telling a friend the other day that those two need to come back and here they are. Wahoo World looks good and new clothes are always welcome. I was hoping to see new hairstyles again but the Octolings fill that void. They look so kewt. Speaking of, I can't believe that DLC expansion! It looks so good and they're answering player complaints about lack of character depth with this. I'm happy to see Pearl and Marina in a larger role and 80 missions is crazy. I'm happy with the amount of care they're giving this series.

- I knew instantly that the Splatoon 1 mascots fighting each other was Smash Bros. But seeing the logo made me lose my **** anyways.

Anyways, onto Smash Bros.

Since the character reveals are usually true to the gameplay, it looks like we can expect Inklings' ink tanks to deplete and them to need to fill them back up by squid forming in their ink. Their moves may also leave splatter on the other characters. Happy to see splat bombs are in. Wonder what their final smash will be? I would have said Inkstrike before but now that special is gone from 2. Hopefully they get plenty of costumes that pull from Splatoon 2 with the different hairs and stuff. Just being the Splatoon 1 mascots would be boring. I also would not be opposed to Callie/Marie/Pearl/Marina/etc costumes, but I feel like they'll just be assist trophies or regular trophies.

BotW Link will looked good and I can only assume Zelda will be changed as well. I hope her play style doesn't change too much though because she's my main and I really liked her Smash 4 incarnation.

I think this might be a new entry to the series instead of just a deluxe edition. The game has been in development for 2+ maybe even 4+ years. Bandai Namco posted a job listing in spring of 2014 about "Smash 6." It was already being worked on by a team of 120 and they were looking to hire 80 more onto the team. I hope it is a new game but if it is a deluxe edition, I hope it brings more new things to it than, say, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe did.

In addition to the Inklings and BotW Link/Zelda, I hope to see...

- Mario reworked to utilize Cappy.

- Ganondorf reworked.

- Marth/Lucina combined a la Olimar/Alph. Ike can stay. Robin needs to go or be "replaced," if he must return, by Celica (I don't play FE but I just assume from appearances that she is sword + magic). Corrin can stay. They were unique enough.. Roy should go, but I know people will bitch and moan and get him brought back as DLC again, so reluctantly I say he can stay. If they MUST add anyone from the series, I would hope it is someone completely unlike characters we have like Azura.

- Louie, Brittany, and Charlie alts for Olimar/Alph.
- Just make Dr. Mario a costume if he must be included.

- Remove Dark Pit.

- Bring back all 3rd parties.

- Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (since they're the mascots but I would LIVE for Twintelle or Lola Pop)

- Impa or Lana representing Hyrule Warriors. Also Zelda getting a Hyrule Warriors alt costume would make me very happy.

- New Pokemon character unlike any we have yet.

- A second Animal Crossing representative. I don't know who or how they'd get them to work. But I would just like to see one.

- Rex + Pyra

- Rabbid Mario/Luigi/Peach/Yoshi. Peach is simply too good to go unused.

- Dixie and/or K. Rool

- Ice Climbers

- Paper Mario

- Chorus Kids or Snip & Clip for a wtf character

- Third party picks: Geno and/or Mallow, Sora, Bomberman, Banjo+Kazooie, second Final Fantasy rep who isn't Noctis.

& probably other things I just can't think of right now lol.

Edit: Omfg this post looks so huge. Smash is muh bby, y'all. I'm sorry. :rip:

Grim

Who still plays Splatoon? I wanna twin squad for splatfest. :angelo:

aayAlex
4 hours ago, ceremonials said:

Smash pre-release hype is so amazing :jonny4: i cant wait for the character reveal trailers.

Now on every Directs we’ll get character trailers :duca: 

Not like they’ll make many since this is coming Sept 2018

lovecatt

I hope Cappy makes it into smash as a part of Mario's moveset :sad:

Edge Of Glory

I feel like they wouldn't be so mysterious with this Smash if it was just a port/enhanced version. like, clearly they're gonna highlight this at e3, but have they ever highlighted a port at e3?

Rhisiart

Very satisfied with this Direct! The free Kirby DLC made me emotional, love that I get to have the animals friends, Marx, and Gooey with me. :weeps: Mario Tennis was surprisingly impressive and I'm into it, and the Splatoon DLC looked fantastic. And I'm here for Captain Toad.

Y'all hyped up South Park and Crash in this thread a lot so I'm interested in those. I'm also interested in Octopath, No More Heroes, Okami, and Undertale.

I'm so ready for a new Smash game, that trailer was amazing! And I'm glad Sakurai is back on it. Very interested in the roster, I wonder if they'll bring everyone from the Wii U version back or not. I'd love to see all of the 3rd party characters return, but I wonder if the rights expired. If anything, Sega will def bring Sonic and Bayo back, and Pac-Man also seems likely if Bandai is working on the project again.

And not some of you saying Marth should be cut. :deadbanana: He's the main and original lord in Fire Emblem, he's never getting cut. I'm fine with Corrin and clone Lucina leaving, the other four should stay. And give us Lyn!

ceremonials

281ev13.jpg

who do y’all think they are? It’s kinda easier if you watch the video imo.

From left to right, I think it’s:

Yoshi

???

Donkey Kong

Diddy Kong 

Peach

Ness

Marth

Mario

Link

Falco

Pikachu

Samus

Kirby

Shiek/Zelda

Bowser

Fox

Captain Falcon

Jigglypuff

That leaves Luigi out of the original 12 but I don’t think he’s the missing one either so at least one of these has to be wrong. I feel like the missing one is Cloud, tho.

sunny phoenix
5 hours ago, ceremonials said:

Yes no more Fire Emblem characters please :rip:

6 hours ago, Kylie Minogue said:

1. aint gonna happen bishes

2. Its a Japanese game company :rip: 

Erreur2 La Nature
56 minutes ago, ceremonials said:

281ev13.jpg

who do y’all think they are? It’s kinda easier if you watch the video imo.

From left to right, I think it’s:

Yoshi

???

Donkey Kong

Diddy Kong 

Peach

Ness

Marth

Mario

Link

Falco

Pikachu

Samus

Kirby

Shiek/Zelda

Bowser

Fox

Captain Falcon

Jigglypuff

That leaves Luigi out of the original 12 but I don’t think he’s the missing one either so at least one of these has to be wrong. I feel like the missing one is Cloud, tho.

The second from the left is Pit and the last one looks like Wario more than Jigglypuff imo. Or maybe Pacman ?

I don’t see who is the little thing in front of Marth

Kanji

The mystery person in front of Marth is one of the Ice Climbers. You heard it here first.