• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

8 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

Um what? I think she writes her songs and she has plenty of hits

She does not write the overwhelming majority of her music lol. At least not her popular stuff

2 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

@Ash12345 I couldn't see her on your list but I feel like Nicki would have a chance as she's written on every single song she's been on.

Oh yeah, I actually checked her points too but my computer crashed right after I finished her stats so I don't have her points saved but I remember what they were before they crashed.

13 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

What about this icon?

giphy.gif

What's her name?

This will be good, I'm perched!

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

Anyways, I still want to wait a couple days to give people a chance to check the list of songwriters I've calculated points for (in the OP) to see if there's anyone with a decent amount of hits I've overlooked and should check the points for.

You probably already got them listed but from pre-2000s Jim Steinman, Diane Warren, Carol King, Prince & Bernie Taupin

6 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

You probably already got them listed but from pre-2000s Jim Steinman, Diane Warren, Carol King, Prince & Bernie Taupin

Yup, got all of those.

Oh my goodness this must haave taken ages

1 hour ago, JawBreaker said:

Kandi Burrus :jonny5:

She has a great chance too.

Multiple massive Hot 100 hits.

@Ash12345

Xscape, Ed Sheeran (Shape Of You), TLC (No Scrubs), Ariana Grande (BUWYG, IB), Destiny's Child (Bills Bills Bills/Bug A Boo), NSYNC (Makes Me Ill), Usher (Pop Ya Collar), etc.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

Love this! Looks like so much work, so I am excited for the reveals.

This should be a pinned thread with all the work going into it :clap3:

First reveal is in a few minutes. 

For each songwriter, I'll include a table with all the hits they've written, and occasionally a few big hits they performed but didn't write (just as an FYI that they didn't write those). 

I'll also include their five most streamed songs so you can figure out what their classics are, because with some of the older songwriters, sometimes even high peaking songs are pretty forgotten while low peaking songs can still be very well remembered, and some of the older songwriters are names most of ATRL won't recognize (but might recognize their hits once they hear them). I'll combine the streams from all versions/covers of the song, and list the artist who performed the most popular version of the song.

I think some of you are going to be in for a surprise when you see how many hits the #100 songwriter already has. It's going to make some of you have to reconsider who actually has a shot at making the top 100...

Let me know if you want to be tagged or untagged for reveals.

@Green @Revenge @Witch Privilege @trainsskyscrapers @Insanity @Fitzswiftie  @Juanny @JawBreaker @alfonso12 @Weed @Nip Tuck @Cherry123 @Whale Tongue @eli's_rhythm @1DES @princedonte @Alpha Male @Timber @jordanjm @SoulKiwi@Ohno @Mezik@DougAF @Chainsmoker@suburbannature @Erotic@mcohen@ChatshireCat@cuneytb

Honorable Mention - John Denver

john-denver-live-billboard-1548.jpg

John Denver has one of the biggest country classics of all time, and well as many other self-written songs in the country, folk and pop-rock genres, and experienced most of his chart success in the mid 70s to early 80s.

Most streamed hits on Spotify

324m - Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver)

59m - Annie's Song (John Denver)

54m - Leaving On A Jet Plane (John Denver)

36m - Rocky Mountain High (John Denver)

15m - Sunshine On My Shoulders (John Denver)

Table of Points

EkFIAA7.jpg

Edited by Ash12345

Wow, a solo writer. When will our faves?:gaycat1:

This is great :clap3: I dont know who that is though lol

All those 100% credits, wow :clap3: they don't make songwriters like they used to.

I'm excited to see the rest :alexz3:

Just now, Cherry123 said:

This is great :clap3: I dont know who that is though lol

Do you recognize "Country Roads, Take Me Home" after listening to it? It's one of the most streamed songs of the 70s.

14 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

First reveal is in a few minutes. 

For each songwriter, I'll include a table with all the hits they've written, and occasionally a few big hits they performed but didn't write (just as an FYI that they didn't write those). 

I'll also include their five most streamed songs so you can figure out what their classics are, because with some of the older songwriters, sometimes even high peaking songs are pretty forgotten while low peaking songs can still be very well remembered, and some of the older songwriters are names most of ATRL won't recognize (but might recognize their hits once they hear them). I'll combine the streams from all versions/covers of the song, and list the artist who performed the most popular version of the song.

I think some of you are going to be in for a surprise when you see how many hits the #100 songwriter already has. It's going to make some of you have to reconsider who actually has a shot at making the top 100...

Would you mind untagging me? 

14 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

I want to remain tagged. :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, Ash12345 said:

Tagged for sure.

Great work with #100! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.