All Time Hot 100 Songwriters

Ash12345

13 minutes ago, princedonte said:

Don’t forget about Fiona Apple

I love her but sis only has one song that charted at #21. This is the hundred top songwriters of all time, male or female, including songwriters that didn't perform their songs like Max Martin.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ash12345

• Fitzswiftie

• JawBreaker

• Mr. Duff

9 minutes ago, Whale Tongue said:

Gurl how many names are on that list? :deadbanana: Just post the list! 

It's the top hundred songwriters from August 1958 to present. The list took a long time to make so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth. 

Anyways, I still want to wait a couple days to give people a chance to check the list of songwriters I've calculated points for (in the OP) to see if there's anyone with a decent amount of hits I've overlooked and should check the points for.

3 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

It's the top hundred songwriters from August 1958 to present. The list took a long time to make so I'm going to milk it for all it's worth. 

Take your time king :jonny4:

Just now, Ash12345 said:

Anyways, I still want to wait a couple days to give people a chance to check the list of songwriters I've calculated points for (in the OP) to see if there's anyone with a decent amount of hits I've overlooked and should check the points for.

Well i wish you luck and i’ll be back in 200 days when the list is posted :ahh: Thanks for doing this. 

12 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

I love her but sis only has one song that charted at #21. This is the hundred top songwriters of all time, male or female, including songwriters that didn't perform their songs like Max Martin.

Ok my bad 

50 minutes ago, Timber said:

Excited tho. This looks like a lot of work.

I expect Mariah to win.

It's gonna be Taylor or Paul

10 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

you should do something where we sign up to be @'d every time you update the list. 

1. Alpha Male

11 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

You might lose hype, but idk. :gaycat1:

1. Timber

2. Alpha Male

Wow this is a lot of work! I can’t wait to see who wins. Also I love that you created your own method and shared it with us. 

You should also check out Kesha :gaycat1: she's been an integral songwriter for many hits by major A-Listers such as Miranda Cosgrove (Disgusting) and Miley Cyrus (The Time of Our Lives).

Poor Carrie, not making it when Demi and Selena somehow do. :cries: 

I feel like Beyonce might be there on the lower end at least.

Her charting solo stuff, her charting DC discography, charted tracks by The Carters, a #1 song for Nelly (Grillz), various charted tracks by Jay-Z, and current samples including most recently Summer Walker's Playing Games.

Others I expect to see that haven't been listed already:

Narada Michael Walden (***), Diane Warren, Sia Furler, David Foster, Benny Blanco, Katheryn Hudson, Ester Dean, Swae Lee, Onika Maraj (***), Edward Sheeran (***), Taylor Swift (***), Terius Nash (***), and several of the motown/Brill Building writers.

3 minutes ago, Mezik said:

Poor Carrie, not making it when Demi and Selena somehow do. :cries: 

That doc isn't a list of people who've made it, it's just a list of songwriters I've done the stats for. Some of them aren't going to come anywhere close to the top 100 of all time, and probably aren't even in the top 1000 of all time. I was just curious to see which of those ex-acts had the most songwriter points.

56 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

Here's the list of all the songwriters whose points I've checked. So yeah, if there's anyone else you think I should check let me know. I also checked some artists that never had a chance at making the all-time top 100 just to see what their points are. I can post their points too if anyone's interested, like I did most of the pop girls.

BTW if you've already seen the (incomplete) results, don't share the results here to avoid spoiling the reveals for others.

I thought this was the list and opened it up, only to see 50 cent at the top and was so confused in that second.

2 minutes ago, Weed said:

What? :skull:

Um what? I think she writes her songs and she has plenty of hits

4 minutes ago, Cherry123 said:

Um what? I think she writes her songs and she has plenty of hits

She's written a decent number of songs, but most of those didn't chart and most of her big hits were written by other songwriters. Out of her Hot 100 hits I think only "Evergreen" (from ASIB) and "I Finally Found Someone" charted on the Hot 100 no?

Actually Evergreen only charted on AC, so it seems only "I Finally Found Someone" charted on the Hot 100?

3 minutes ago, Ash12345 said:

She's written a decent number of songs, but most of those didn't chart and most of her big hits were written by other songwriters. Out of her Hot 100 hits I think only "Evergreen" (from ASIB) and "I Finally Found Someone" charted on the Hot 100 no?

I was sure she was a writer for most of her songs, my bad.

Tag me when the list starts x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.