SBB'S BEST OF: 2019 || AOTY REVEALED (pg. 5)

Sbbmsve

sbbaotd2

(thanks to @ChapelHooker for these lovely graphics, I wouldn't have executed this without their help :heart2:)

Hey girls! It's been a year since the last Best Of, I'm sure you missed me. There has been a lot of talent this year and I'm here to cover them with my ultra intellectual musical taste. Let's look at our schedule shall we (btw Pendulum and K$Ellie you guys are banned from my Best Of don't come in here)

2018 RECAP

TOP 5 MUSIC VIDEOS

TOP 10 ALBUM COVERS

TOP 50 SONGS

TOP 30 ALBUMS

My decade list is right after this, stay tuned :heart2:

Edited by Sbbmsve

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sbbmsve

• TheWayWeWere

• Eeveelution

• Lazuli

The Charli graphic is a big mood

Stella Donnelly 

giphy.gif

2k18

Let's go girls 

tumblr_inline_p0msjr363Q1v17icl_250.gif

So I did some changes on my 2018 list but my aoty is the same (SOPHIE my goddess queen tea skinny).

Spoiler

1. Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides (=)

2. Safe In The Hands of Love (+2)

3. Honey (=)

4. 7 (-2)

5. I'm All Ears (=)

6. Dead Magic (NEW)

7. In A Poem Unlimited (+2)

8. Devotion (+4)

9. A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships (-2)

10. Bloom (+11)

11. Lamp Lit Prose (-3)

12. Aviary (+2)

13. Raw Silk Uncut Wood (NEW)

14. Nasty (NEW)

15. Primal Heart (-9)

16. Time & Place (-6)

17. Cocoa Sugar (+2)
18. Slide (-2)

19. Sweetener (+3)

20. Chris (-9)

21. Kazuashita (NEW)

22. So Sad So Sexy (NEW)

23. Hej! (-6)

24. Powerhouse (NEW)

25. Skee Mask (NEW)

_

Honorable Mentions

Be The Cowboy 

Grid of Points

Ephorize

Singularity

Isolation

Us

Edited by Sbbmsve

7 aged like wine, stop drinking :fan: IAPU rising is cute, I still think it's got too many duds for such a short album but the highs are high. Why did Troye rise so much :skull: and at the expense of Primal Heart which is actually great

Be the Cowboy just an honourable mention... is it crack you smoke?

Some great choices though. Bloom at #11 is interesting... thought you were far too edgy for that twink

1. Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides (=)

2. Safe In The Hands of Love (+2)

3. Honey (=)

4. 7 (-2)

5. I'm All Ears (=)

6. Dead Magic (NEW)

7. In A Poem Unlimited (+2)

8. Devotion (+4)

12. Aviary (+2)

13. Raw Silk Uncut Wood (NEW)

14. Nasty (NEW)

15. Primal Heart (-9)

16. Time & Place (-6)

19. Sweetener (+3)

20. Chris (-9)

21. Kazuashita (NEW)

22. So Sad So Sexy (NEW)

23. Hej! (-6)

25. Skee Mask (NEW)

_

Honorable Mentions

Be The Cowboy 

Grid of Points

Ephorize

Singularity

Isolation

Us

all of these... serve

Primal Heart falling 9 spots, we hate to see it.

Primal Heart actually staying on your listing though, we love to see it.

Delete SSSS right now! :fish2: We only stan Late Night Feelings in this house when talking about Lykke post 2014.

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

7 aged like wine, stop drinking :fan: IAPU rising is cute, I still think it's got too many duds for such a short album but the highs are high. Why did Troye rise so much :skull: and at the expense of Primal Heart which is actually great

I mean 7 is still amazing it’s just that I listened to Honey and SITHOL more than 7. Anna IAPU doesn’t have that many duds? And it’s a mid length album kinda like your dick. I’ve decided that I should finally credit a male on my list, I put Bloom lower last year because I didn’t want to admit that it was v good. Primal Heart? It’s still good but not top 10 material, and that’s on that thanks for commenting :heart2:

11 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

Be the Cowboy just an honourable mention... is it crack you smoke?

Some great choices though. Bloom at #11 is interesting... thought you were far too edgy for that twink

Yes I stole your crack. It was hard admitting that it was just a 3.5 album. Bloom is at #10, can’t you read? Thank you ?

11 hours ago, TRF. said:

all of these... serve

A serve like you king :jonny2:

11 hours ago, volition said:

Good list. A lot like mine from last yea.r Aviary is too low tho

Great minds think alike. Aviary is too experimental for me I guess, I don’t fully grasp it but appreciate its unique nature.

10 hours ago, theblackestday said:

yes hunty this is a serve skinny wig tea periodt 

Skinny tea wig flew yes mamma huntyyy who is she drag ha slay ha read ha WHO IS SHE???

10 hours ago, Tsareena said:

:jonny5: yes turn to Nasty stanning

rico calm down BITCH I’M CHARGED UPPP

5 hours ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Sweetener rising in top 20 :gaycat5:

So Sad So Sexy debuting :gaycat4:

My list is more diverse now thanks to Sweetener :jonny6: I had to include the alcholic mom herself to my list because I have so manny ssss scrobbles kii

3 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Primal Heart falling 9 spots, we hate to see it.

Primal Heart actually staying on your listing though, we love to see it.

Delete SSSS right now! :fish2: We only stan Late Night Feelings in this house when talking about Lykke post 2014.

Like I said Primal Heart fell off a bit at the expense of new discoveries like Dead Magic :jonny:I know I can’t help it, Jaguars In The Air is that song tho :jonny5:

covers

600x600bb-5

10. Yeule - Serotonin II

Aside from her amazing music Yeule has some amazing visuals too. Her Pretty Bones, Pixel Affection, Pocky Boy and Poison Arrow videos were STUNNING. Her visuals are aesthetically soo tight. This cyber sailor anime girl look is just wow.

600x600bb-7

9. Spellling - Mazy Fly

"Sbb did you tell people that I dress like a swamp witch?". Meanwhile, she was in a floor-length blue gown and had wet hair. And before I could answer she flew across the moon.

600x600bb-3

8. Hannah Diamond - Reflections

Miss Hannah looks amazing on her debut album. She's ready for a concert after her ski session and she brought her creepy moon with her. Iconic.

600x600bb-8

7. Tinashe - Songs for You

Cutting your ties with a useless label does a bitch GOOD. Tinashe just looks stunning. Her skin is glowing, her 90s lewk is gorgeous, her makeup is minimal and on point. It's one of those covers that represent the music perfectly.

600x600bb-2

6. Caroline Polachek - Pang

Wheew loving this Lara Croft aesthetic on Pang. She's climbing down from her private jet to save the pop music, she's our savior and lord. Just watch out for Kelela girl she has a sniper rifle.

600x600bb-4

5. Solange - When I Get Home

Many people found WIGH's minimalist aesthetic pretty boring but I fully disagree. Her recent Fallon performance is aesthetic ****. The album cover is simple yet elegant. It's the cool sister of ASATT.

600x600bb-9

4. The Drums - Brutalism

"sniff sniff Mmmhm the sweet smell of my man's sweat and ***" - Jonny Pierce

600x600bb

3. Lana Del Rey - Norman ****ing Rockwell!

Lana is assisting Caroline from the sea with this Marvel comic aesthetic. This cover is instantly iconic. It represents the absurd, realistic and humorous world of NFR perfectly.

600x600bb-10

2. Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising

Not to sound racist but this is MY ARIEL. Everything is perfect about this cover.

600x600bb-6

1. Tami T - High Pitched and Moist

Trans excellence Tami T comes through with this album cover. The album cover is made by an artist called Eero Lampinen. The iconic handmade MIDI keyboard, cute pets, mics, BDSM equipment... It sums up the album's themes very well. I'm bitter that this album was overlooked by many critics. You should definitely check it out if you haven't. ALBUM COVER OF THE YEAR

Edited by Sbbmsve

• ATRL Moderator

reflections cover still seems mediocre to me but I like the rest of your list... drums though nod and smile

STAY AWAY FROM ME + MY FAMILY, YOU ARE SICK FOR TAGGING ME IN EVERY UPDATE. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!

that being said, several points have been made so far, glad miss Tami Talent is getting some recognition

No Stella Donnelly no tagging xx

Weyes Lana Tami top 3 yes talent!!!

Idk why, probably because of all that wait, but I don't really like Hannah album, all my hype was gone tbh :michael: 

SFY is nice effort, a step in right direction :clap3: 

PANG :smitten: Caroline is one of my biggest discovers over the last years :jonny5: 

WIGH is SUCH a grower, I didn't really feel it when it was released, but when her tour kicks in, I saw her live performances and.. whew, my wig :jonny4: her Fallon perfo is a masterpiece :jonny4: 

NFR :clap3: became kinda old already for me, but still great record :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.