Choose The Album, Then a Song 9: And the winner is...

Pedro

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

I love how you did what I was going to do :3 

Well I noticed you didn't tag anyone when you updated so I wanted to get things popping.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• shelven

• MusicLoverDude

• lhdang2000

1. Sia - The usage of grammar, formatting, and overall the clear amount of time and effort spent on not only this round but all of the previous rounds as well really pushed this album to the top. Fantastic choice and an even more fantastic job!
  2. Samantha - Reading your story was inspiring. I'm so proud of you for achieving the goals you've set for yourself and I love your positivity. The album is one I've never heard of but you did a stellar job with descriptions which made me understand the record.
  3. Halsey - The thought process you had while sorting the songs for the houses was conveyed extremely well through your post! I haven't even heard most of Badlands, but the descriptions you gave and reasoning for their placement still made sense.

In the end, this is a really close top 3 and I think the winner could be any one of you. Good luck to everyone! :heart2:

Was hoping this thread would be more active

:rip:

The update will not come today. The judges - includiing myself - have had a busy week but it will probably come between Weds-Sunday.

Spoiler

That's fine. 

I'm really sorry for the delay guys, but like @Pedro said, I had a busy week as well and the final round always take time to judge because there are multiple songs and categories to look into.

I have already rated two entries, and I'll submit my final scores and ranking by Friday. :celestial5: 

Finally sent my scores. Good luck all :fan: 

daddy and king kavish

So all of the judges' scores are in now, right, @Pedro? Do you know when we can expect the update? This anticipation has been killing me :jonny: 

I hope I'm not too late for this. 

3rd place: Halsey: Since the beginning of the competition, you are one of those stronger ones and many considered you the one to beat and I totally agree. This finale entry just proves it. It was well-written. However, to me, you are still playing a bit safe, not only in this round, but in the whole competition. That's why I rank you 3rd, because I want to rate based on the whole journey. 

2nd place: Sia: As normal, you gave us perfect essays. Anything paragraph alone is winner-worthy. But, I've always been the other guy who doesn't like perfection. When you do everything too perfectly, it becomes boring for me. And that's exactly how I feel reading your entry. However, I rank you as 2nd because your whole journey has been on point. I remembered having to drag you in one round and I found it really difficult. You, shelven, are a perfectionist. 

1st place: Samantha Jade: It is amazing seeing how you become a dark horse in this competition. You started off with a really weak essay that almost kicked you out of the competition. However, you made a huge comeback and now, you are able to prove to everybody why you deserves to be top 3 finalist. I like the fact that you go all out in this finale entry and I really think you just submit one of the best entries this season. Congratulations! 

Guys,

I am so sorry for the BIG delay. I haven't had much time to update the game but I haven't forgotten. I simply am trying to take some time to do it. I promise I will do it.

No worries 

Will this season break season 7's record of a 4-month long finale? :duca: 

@Pedro Are you ok?

Hello guys,

Yes, I am fine. Thanks for asking @MusicLoverDude. I owe you guys a HUGE apology which I will make soon. For now, let me give you a brief explanation on why this is taking so long: lack of time.

In May, I started working on a new company. If before I needed 15 minutes to get to work by bus, now I need at least one hour. I need to take the train and the subway. I work eight hours a day plus one hour of lunch time. I basically start between 8-9AM and leave at 5-6PM everyday. I get home at around 6-7PM (depends on the time I leave) and I most of the times go to the gym... It's summer time, a "girl" has gotta be ready. I arrive home at around 9:30PM. I have dinner and I have some personal things that end up having priority over this game such as my Britney Spears website (that has been hacked like everyday and does take a little to fix) and the Eurovision website I started working for as a journalist that also takes some of my time.

I also do a lot of reviews of Pop Music which gives me a lot of pleasure so whenever I have a little time, I try to write a little about new releases or older albums. On top of that, I have been trying to find a part-time job 'cause I have been struggling more keeping my money.

I know guys, this is not a completely valid excuse because all of the judges sent their rates already but I haven't been able to. I will try to do it as soon as I can but if I don't I commit myself to you that during August 4th and 20th, the update will happen. It is my birthday and therefore my holidays!

Thank you for understanding!

• 3 weeks later...

I finally make it to the final and I have to wait 84 years to find out where I place :skull:

Praying that we finally get the update 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.