The 7th annual ATRL Grammys is here! Read more... ×

Team Buttigieg blames 0% polling on homophobic black people

85 posts in this topic

He’s as basic as they come. He’s one of those white gays, that thinks everything should be handed to him 

You just don't have the charisma or the drive behind you to be President. Sorry

Embarrassing. :deadbanana2: Truly one of the most out of touch and despicable contenders in this race. 

They don't hate gays, THEY HATE YOU!! 

I don't trust him and his No Spice, No Rice, No Chocolate looking husband. :sorry:

I hate to say it, but my cousins boyfriend and his family hate Pete all because he's gay. It's sad. I think Pete would be a fantastic President.

If any of you read the article, his campaign doesn’t blame anyone.  His campaign hired research groups to interview and conduct polling in the south to understand how people view him, and the research firm’s results suggest that his sexuality is one of the biggest issues.  They didn’t lie. 

1 minute ago, Archetype said:

If any of you read the article, his campaign doesn’t blame anyone.  His campaign hired research groups to interview and conduct polling in the south to understand how people view him, and the research firm’s results suggest that his sexuality is one of the biggest issues.  They didn’t lie. 

I just read it and you're completely right 

While there is a problem with gender roles and sexuality in the wider black population and general population at large, I don't think it's just homophobia. Pete is the worst candidate running for president and that includes the incumbent. 

you just KNOW he's one of those no fat no fem no rice no spice no chocolate gay

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, getback said:

you just KNOW he's one of those no fat no fem no rice no spice no chocolate gay

giphy.gif

But his partner is fem af! Anyway, not defending them, but I’m sure fem is fine for them I’m sure just have to be the right skin tone. 

People don't read nowadays. Also much of the fault is in the framing of the headline and article which has nothing to do with his team. 

8 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

While there is a problem with gender roles and sexuality in the wider black population and general population at large, I don't think it's just homophobia. Pete is the worst candidate running for president and that includes the incumbent. 

The researchers also said lack of experience was a problem, favouritism towards Biden etc but the article ran with what it wanted

giphy.gif

Like really.....

If all else fails....

16 minutes ago, Otter said:

People don't read nowadays. Also much of the fault is in the framing of the headline and article which has nothing to do with his team. 

I read the article, and I know it touched on other subjects, but bringing that up from the headline was not necessary, if his team did bring that up. Either way, his platform ain't for me.

41 minutes ago, Archetype said:

This! And once again, some on ATRL proved themselves they can’t read

15 minutes ago, jdmc218 said:

I read the article, and I know it touched on other subjects, but bringing that up from the headline was not necessary, if his team did bring that up. Either way, his platform ain't for me.

Bringing that up from the headline? I don't understand, his team didn't write the headline or article. The article has like 2 quotes from a 21 page report. It even states that his sexuality is bot a "disqualifier", but again the writers of the article peg it as the main reason.

And of course if these are things the interviewees said, then it should be acknowledged in 21 page report otherwise the research group is not doing their job lol

The nature of how this gets into the hands of the  media though, I dont understand. I dont know whether it's common place for these things to be public but journalists typically find it's not news worthy. Or whether his team put it out there to shape a narrative which I would consider unlikely. I'm also curious if there are similar reports for other demographics but they don't make for an exciting headline or opportunity to race bait people 

I am not surprised that his team would pull off something like this

I am not surprised that his team would pull off something like this 

Pete's past with racial issues has never been good. I was really hoping he would do better, but... he's unfortunately not. I'm a bit let down.