Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Why does Netflix keep winning?

48 posts in this topic

This is not true at all, they have so much material that sucks and they have so many series and when you throw everything at the wall eventually some of them stick there. 

40 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

have u actually seen it or do u hate selena gomez like me

im deciding whether to watch or not

Both, but its boring and drawn out. They couldve just made it a 2 hour movie.

I still don't know why Hulu / Amazon etc. are so bad at making popular hit originals that the GP actually watch.

They have SO much money, too. :rip: 

20 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I still don't know why Hulu / Amazon etc. are so bad at making popular hit originals that the GP actually watch.

They have SO much money, too. :rip: 

Quality > "hits" 

1 hour ago, FutureHive said:

humans cant process 10 episodes of Game Of Thrones at the same time. we need it weekly piece by piece

Right? It's too much quality and talent. Imagine if we has season 6 all in one crazy frenzy? People would literally have died from stress and anxiety. :jonny: Woo lordT those last 2 episodes.

better original content and is as good if not better than hbo

amazon and hulu could never

tumblr_mda2clHDNv1rqnoczo1_400.gif

Narcos is the definition of what Netflix is all about. The freedom of the producers is incredible!

Netflix is crushing it right now, nowadays I find myself looking forward to more Netflix original series than most shows on broadcast and cable TV. Sure, since Netflix is producing content on a rapid and large level, not all of their outings can be winners, but still, there is always something for everyone, that they can enjoy.

5 hours ago, Jackk said:

They hire up and coming actors who are cheap and work with amazing writers. They have more statistics on what people want and have personal details of those who watch their content (gender, age, location) ect. That information alone means more content that appeals to us. 

This.

Watching 13 Reasons Why and it's alright, it drifts from the book quite significantly and some of the acting (especially from Alex) is terrible. Black Mirror & Orange is the New Black remains superior, Series of Unfourtunte Events was missing... something 

The Crown >

Because they spend more than 2 billion a year on originals. Some of them succeed, but many fail. They greenlight a lot of questionable content that even though flops, they continue funding more seasons and episodes for whatever reason. 

9 hours ago, Wicked said:

They don't. Iron Fist is an L if there ever was one.

Iron fist alone does not discredit the suscess of Luke cage, Jessica Jones and the 2 season of daredevil

Netflix wins becasue i can watch when i want where i want

not weekly waiting

Now they are doing movies, soon i will never have to leave my house

Streaming an entire season at once is a lot easier for people right now. The idea of waiting for a show weekly only works with addictive shows nowadays. So even mediocre netflix shows can get finished by the average watcher because it's all available at once.  

1 hour ago, rac7d said:

Iron fist alone does not discredit the suscess of Luke cage, Jessica Jones and the 2 season of daredevil

not weekly waiting

I Don't care about success or having all episodes at once, Netflix throws everything at the wall to see what sticks. So many tragic shows.

Lack of censorship always allows better content.

Just wished Sense8 had more success.

Not one person I know is checking that 13 Reasons Why show, they've also had some other recent flops.

The only recent show (new season) I've really loved is Grace & Frankie's new season.

As much as I love Netflix, they better start bringing the good stuff up or else I'll switch to HBO Now. :cm:

8 hours ago, rac7d said:

not weekly waiting

This. Also Iron Fist was great with streaming and a good majority of fans actually like it. 

Also how is it that NONE OF YALL brought up the excellent and one of the superior shows Sense8??? Innovating, groundbreaking, and legendary!!! A truly experimental show. :jonny3:

Edit: Ok so someone did bring up Sense8. I love intellectuals.