Jennifer Lopez "JLo" Certified X2 platinum in the uk

DanceAgain

Jennifers 2001 release "JLo" has just been certified X2 platinum in the UK for sales of 600,000 her second album to do so.

220px-Jennifer_Lopez_-_J.Lo.png

https://www.bpi.co.uk/brit-certified/

She has a total of 7 certified albums out of 9 releases in the UK (brave and AKA ain't certified).

7 out of 9 releases is pretty impressive

JLo - 600,000 X2 platinum.
This is me then - 600,000 X2 platinum.
J To The Lo The Remix - 300,000 platinum.
On the 6- 300,000 platinum
Rebirth - 100,000 Gold
Dance Again the hits - 100,000 Gold
Love? - 100,000 Gold

congrats queen.

Edited by DanceAgain

6 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

One of the first albums I've ever bought :alexz:

I bought this before I got on the 6

:jonny: the whole JLo era is iconic.

The birth of glow, the fashion the videos the velour tracksuits, the flawless singles

Love don't cost a thing

Play

Ain't it funny

I'm real

Also in the UK 

All its singles are also certified and every single peaked in the top 5:jonny:

4 minutes ago, DanceAgain said:

I bought this before I got on the 6

Yeah, I got it in early 2004 (when I was 7) and I bought the rest of her discography in early 2011 more or less when Love? came out. It's one of the albums of my childhood, there are so many gems among the lesser known tracks like Si ya se acabó and That's Not Me - two of her discography highlights imo.

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Yeah, I got it in early 2004 (when I was 7) and I bought the rest of her discography in early 2011 more or less when Love? came out. It's one of the albums of my childhood, there are so many gems among the lesser known tracks like Si ya se acabó and That's Not Me - two of her discography highlights imo.

Dance with me

Walking on sunshine

Carino 

Also slay I also love the bonus track "I'm waiting" still use that song.

:jonny: I don't really get the critics about this album I think it's a really good pop album the first 5 tracks alone 

Love don't cost a thing 

I'm real

Play

Ain't it funny 

Walking on sunshine

Are all amazing records

:jonny:

also the album cover is easy one of the most recognised pop album covers this century it's iconic.

Edited by DanceAgain

1 minute ago, DanceAgain said:

Dance with me

Walking on sunshine

Carino 

Also slay I also love the bonus track "I'm waiting" still use that song.

:jonny: I don't really get the critics about this album I think it's a really good pop album the first 5 tracks alone 

Love don't cost a thing 

I'm real

Play

Ain't it funny 

Walking on sunshine

Are all amazing records

:jonny:

I've read the critics and they didn't make much sense to me. Pop albums would always get between 50 and 65 back in the day, anyway.

1 minute ago, DanceAgain said:

also the album cover is easy one of the most recognised pop album covers this century it's iconic.

I have a funny story about this - when I first bought the album, I read the booklet and then put it back in on the wrong side. It stayed that way for YEARS and I thought that was the actual cover :dies: it looked legit, since there's 'J.Lo' written all over it

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

I have a funny story about this - when I first bought the album, I read the booklet and then put it back in on the wrong side. It stayed that way for YEARS and I thought that was the actual cover :dies: it looked legit, since there's 'J.Lo' written all over it

I think I was 12 when it came out and I had a crappy paper round I saved up and bought it I think I paid £15 back then and I was so happy with it the next morning came down and my dad bought be the album so I had 2 so I took my copy back and got on the 6 instead.

So in the space of 3 days 

Ain't your mama hits 700 million views 

JLo goes double Platinum in the UK

Hustlers opens with $33+ million in the US

Next is on the floor it's just about to hit 1.2 million in the UK and get double Platinum status.:jonny:

She was the biggest there during her prime right?

I dont think Xtina or P!nk had that type of success at the beginning of the 00s (Britney wasnt hugely liked there imo)

34 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

I dont think Xtina or P!nk had that type of success at the beginning of the 00s (Britney wasnt hugely liked there imo)

"Mizundastood" and "Stripped" are both around or near 2 million though :deadbanana2: P!nk's the most consistent seller out of the pop girls since that album too. 

Just now, Hector said:

"Mizundastood" and "Stripped" are both around or near 2 million though :deadbanana2: P!nk's the most consistent seller out of the pop girls since that album too. 

Yea...P!nk is the most consistent seller overall compared to these artists    but JLo still has 2 - 2X Plat albums right?
I dont know P and X's album certs in the UK but do they have 2 or more albums that are more certified there? I have no idea lol

7 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

Yea...P!nk is the most consistent seller overall compared to these artists    but JLo still has 2 - 2X Plat albums right?
I dont know P and X's album certs in the UK but do they have 2 or more albums that are more certified there? I have no idea lol

Between 1999-2004

Stripped X6 platinum (huge)

Christina Aguilera - platinum

Pink had 3 multiple Platinum albums 

jLo- double platinum

this is me then - double Platinum

JLo the remixes - platinum

On the 6 platinum

the Reel me (EP) platinum

they both have bigger stand alone albums tbh but Jenny has more Certified albums in the time frame.

also I think JLo the remixes has passed 500,000 in sales.

jLo definitely was doing better with singles at one point she had 8 consecutive top5 hits

either way I miss these days when the ladies was smashing with both singles and albums

jlos sold close to 2.7 million albums

and she's sold 6.6 million (charting singles) 

so around 10 million records 

Jennifer has 13 certified singles and 7 certified albums in the UK she also is the most CERTIFIED Latin female artists with a total of 34 Certificates (including re-certifies).

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

Stripped was definitely bigger then any JLo album in the UK also pink did amazing album wise more so then JLo and Xtina

In the UK the biggest artists was in the early 00's

Destiny's child

Pink

Jennifer Lopez

Alicia keys

Britney spears 

Xtina

Madonna

Shakiras (laundry service was huge).

Kylie minouge

Avril Lavigne

7 minutes ago, DanceAgain said:

Between 1999-2004

Stripped X6 platinum (huge)

Christina Aguilera - platinum

Pink had 3 multiple Platinum albums 

jLo- double platinum

this is me then - double Platinum

JLo the remixes - platinum

On the 6 platinum

the Reel me (EP) platinum

they both have bigger stand alone albums tbh but Jenny has more Certified albums in the time frame.

also I think JLo the remixes has passed 500,000 in sales.

jLo definitely was doing better with singles at one point she had 8 consecutive top5 hits

either way I miss these days when the ladies was smashing with both singles and albums

jlos sold close to 2.7 million albums

and she's sold 6.6 million (charting singles) 

so around 10 million records 

Jennifer has 13 certified singles and 7 certified albums in the UK she also is the most CERTIFIED Latin female artists with a total of 34 Certificates (including re-certifies).

OMG Stripped is 6x?!?
:deadbanana:
Really impressive damn

so in the end, JLo has been more consistent actually?
slay :clap3:

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

No, all Britney, Xtina and P!nk were bigger but had less releases.

M!ssundaztood is 6x Plat, Can’t Take Me Home and Try This are platinum even though those 2 are her lowest sellers there (after H2BH).

Stripped is 6x Plat.

Oops I Did It Again and My Prerogative 3x Plat, Britney and In The Zone Platinum. Also BOMT sold a good amount of its 4x Plat in the early 00s.

Congrats Jen :clap3:

@DanceAgain with JLo now going 2x platinum and if your calculations are correct for her other certifications, she’s now made it into the top 40 of the UK’s highest certified female artists. 

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

OMG Stripped is 6x?!?
:deadbanana:
Really impressive damn

so in the end, JLo has been more consistent actually?
slay :clap3:

Jennifer Lopez UK certified sales.
total certified sales 5,300,025
Total records sold 9,287,000 (EST)

Singles certified 3,200,000
Singles sold 6,643,012

Albums Certified 2,100,000
Albums sold 2,464,229
EP 25,000
EP sold 33,000

official charts company say 6.6 million "charting singles" sales. So maybe she's around 7 million singles sold.

2682_dd3f6729f86a5af1b74fce507f77c2fc_t.

Edited by DanceAgain

7 hours ago, Enoch said:

her peak

I think this is me then was her peak I think JLo was more successful 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.