Lover :1.5 billion streams from 4 tracks - Monte Lipman

marsblyr

Responding to an inquiry about Taylor embracing streaming and her performance so far, Monte Lipman revealed the numbers to LA Times

Lipman pointed to the 1.5 billion streams “Lover’s first four songs have generated 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2019-08-20/taylor-swift-lover-streaming-spotify

Possible breakdown (from what we know) -

Spotify - 450m

Youtube - 400m

Others - 650m

Edited by marsblyr

Is this good? 

Wow at her doing 650m from other platforms tho :clap3:

Edited by mcohen

3 minutes ago, mcohen said:

Is this good? 

Wow at her doing 650m from other platforms tho :clap3:

Lover singles have over 40m million streams from Indian apps already, so not surprised :clap3:

8 minutes ago, smgupdated said:

her non spotify/youtube numbers are huge!

Tidal really is that b*tch ....

Jk. Too bad atrl don’t recognize chinese streams, i wonder why.

wow and people compared her singles to Katy Perry in 2019 :toofunny2:

28 minutes ago, CakeLikeLG said:

wow and people compared her singles to Katy Perry in 2019 :toofunny2:

By this metric NRO has a minimum of like 350m streams which puts the 1.5b into perspective. The only thing that's impressive here is the "others" category

Edited by Otter

Lover coming in and being that bitch.

Acoording to Chartmasters streaming formula, this would translate to ~760k SPS units.

With the album having sold almost ~1M copies in pre-orders WW, the Lover era should be at around ~1.7M SPS units already and the album is still not out yet :clap3: 

2 hours ago, Otter said:

By this metric NRO has a minimum of like 350m streams which puts the 1.5b into perspective. The only thing that's impressive here is the "others" category

Correct. Quite a stupid comparison.

I mean, Lover (A promo single) already surpassed the streams from Katy's second single in just four days 

Edited by mcohen

peterstyles13
6 hours ago, Otter said:

I fell like I have to repeat this all the time, but it is a known fact Taylor is huge in countries that doesn't use Spotify. She's the biggest western artist in Asia, where they still mainly use local streaming apps instead of apps like Spotify and Apple Music. No one should be surprised by these numbers, it's just that ATRL loves to ignore Asian markets :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.