July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

Is it weird to stan popgirls in your 30s?

49 posts in this topic

I think i got tired of stanning pop music at around 16-17, now i'm just a casual listener and i still like to follow pop culture news,  but it became so boring/monotone following all these award shows every year, following the same predictable gimmicks and trends etc, i felt the need to expand my musical horizons, then i realized that it makes no sense to stan someone simply because i can't picture myself privileging one artist/genre over another since there is just so much music to discover out there that it makes no sense to me that some ppl dedicate their whole life to one pop singer it feels like such a waste of time (just my opinion tho). 

When i see some ppl in their late 20s-30s i just wonder if they realize that they never really evolved? it's like they're still stuck in their teen years when u think about it because most ppl music is aimed at a teen demographic cause they're the ones that consume music in the most hardcore way, when i see 30 years olds stanning selena gomez etc it feels weird to me 

I am 33 since yesterday. I stan P!nk. I feel perfectly fine doing it.:gaycat5:

1 minute ago, P!nk Forever said:

I am 33 since yesterday. I stan P!nk. I feel perfectly fine doing it.:gaycat5:

P!nk is alright, her music is mostly mature, i'm more talking about ppl that stan teen idols/ex-disney popstars or just cheesy corny popstars like Katy/Taylor 

Let them be. Straight men in full diapers are still obsessing over football and screaming at TV screens like unhinged monkeys in retirement homes.

2r2t4df.jpg

It’s alright unless you’re fighting with stans of other singers on social media about their stats on a daily basis. Now that would be concerning. 

Why not? Do you think people just turn into robots when they turn 30? Especially when your 30s is when you finally have enough money to be spending on good concert tickets and travel? :skull:

Being an adult doesn't make you automatically uninterested in everything you're passionate about. No tea no shade, in like 5 years all the stans of the pop girls this forum is built on will be in their 30s so...

27 minutes ago, yoshi23 said:

P!nk is alright, her music is mostly mature, i'm more talking about ppl that stan teen idols/ex-disney popstars or just cheesy corny popstars like Katy/Taylor 

I'm 36 and i wouldnt say stan anymore more like a fan of but nah i dont feel weird doing it. I mean i dont even go to concerts lol

1 minute ago, Lights and Waves said:

Why not? Do you think people just turn into robots when they turn 30? Especially when your 30s is when you finally have enough money to be spending on good concert tickets and travel? :skull:

Being an adult doesn't make you automatically uninterested in everything you're passionate about. No tea no shade, in like 5 years all the stans of the pop girls this forum is built on will be in their 30s so...

No I had more money in my 20s than my 30s im in debt now because of my 20s lol

yeah I think I’ll be done with stan culture after I turn 25 and will keep following my main faves and that’s it

I think it’s only weird if you’re still actively engaging in stan wars and the likes. I’m 21 and am sorta over radio pop music since it really just doesn’t appeal to me anymore, but when Gaga/Bey/Rih/Katy or whoever drop music I still listen and can admit that each artist has good music in their discographies that I revist every now and then. It gets childish when fans fight each other over the internet in their adult ages and I let that type of negative energy go after the ARTPOP era when I was like 16. Spewing hateful energy online really will come back around and affect your mindset in your personal life. 

Posted (edited)

nothing wrong with being engaged with pop culture and into music at any age. syg'd stan wars and obsessively hating on artists when you are a grown ass person is weird and pathetic, though, and there is plenty of old men doing that here. @Scotland we enjoy laughing at and belittling those. :heart2:

Posted (edited)

Why is this thread made every week? :deadbanana2: The millenial pop girls are all in their 30s. Beyonce, Britney, Shakira, Pink, Christina, Rihanna, Gaga and of course there are older pop singers like Mariah, Jlo, Gwen Stefani  and legends like Barbra, cher, madonna, etc. What would be weird is a 16 year old stanning for someone who is almost 40.  It might be wierd for a 30 year old to stan for a 16 year old pop girl i guess but i dont see an issue with liking an artist that is older than you. :michael:

nah, I can see myself 50 years and more. she's subconsciously the love of my life.

1 hour ago, yoshi23 said:

when i see 30 years olds stanning selena gomez etc it feels weird to me 

It feels weird when a 36 year old year old suddenly stanning Jojo Siwa but if a tweenk started stanning Jojo during his teen years up until his 30s that's fine. There's a difference.

Stanning is weird in general, but we all do it, so i don't age matters :michael:

when i see 30 years olds stanning selena gomez etc it feels weird to me 

It feels weird when a 36 year old year old suddenly stanning Jojo Siwa but if a tweenk started stanning Jojo during his teen years up until his 30s that's fine. There's a difference.

I think i got tired of stanning pop music at around 16-17, now i'm just a casual listener and i still like to follow pop culture news,  but it became so boring/monotone following all these award shows every year, following the same predictable gimmicks and trends etc, i felt the need to expand my musical horizons, then i realized that it makes no sense to stan someone simply because i can't picture myself privileging one artist/genre over another since there is just so much music to discover out there that it makes no sense to me that some ppl dedicate their whole life to one pop singer it feels like such a waste of time (just my opinion tho). 

When i see some ppl in their late 20s-30s i just wonder if they realize that they never really evolved? it's like they're still stuck in their teen years when u think about it because most ppl music is aimed at a teen demographic cause they're the ones that consume music in the most hardcore way, when i see 30 years olds stanning selena gomez etc it feels weird to me 

Or maybe you are just getting old and boring? :fan: jk

No. This is just subjective... if you stop relating to pop girls it's simply because your interests or your personnality change. Like some people love football for many years and suddenly stop. It doesn't have to be labelled and you can't use that as an indicator of someone's maturity. 

18 minutes ago, Reza said:

Why is this thread made every week? :deadbanana2: The millenial pop girls are all in their 30s. Beyonce, Britney, Shakira, Pink, Christina, Rihanna, Gaga and of course there are older pop singers like Mariah, Jlo, Gwen Stefani  and legends like Barbra, cher, madonna, etc. What would be weird is a 16 year old stanning for someone who is almost 40.  It might be wierd for a 30 year old to stan for a 16 year old pop girl i guess but i dont see an issue with liking an artist that is older than you. :michael:

sorry but that logic is sending me :dies:

Not really. What is weird, however, is being bothered by activities that make other people happy x let everyone enjoy what they want to enjoy

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

sorry but that logic is sending me :dies:

why? :confused:  

sis why are your threads always so messy?

2r2t4df.jpg

It is a yes/no question and my answer for it is yes, it is.

1 hour ago, Ghiles said:

Let them be. Straight men in full diapers are still obsessing over football and screaming at TV screens like unhinged monkeys in retirement homes.

2r2t4df.jpg

1 hour ago, Chileno said:

Let people be.

52 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

:clap3::clap3:

6 minutes ago, Reza said:

why? :confused:  

why would it be a problem if a teen stans a middle aged singers? There's an expression that says "looking up to someone" and it sounds really appropriate here :alexz3:

As for the opposite way around, maybe a middle aged guy can stay connected to the youth generation? :alexz3: