July Town Hall Thread Read more... √ó
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why is Kylie doing better than Madonna in the UK these days?

69 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am in no way shading Madonna here.

I am simply wondering how Kylie is having better chart runs both with Golden and with her greatest hits album, which has 0 new songs. 

Rebel Heart: 2 - 7 - 21 - 22 - charted for 12 weeks

Madame X: 2 - 14 - 21 - 46 - 43

Golden: 1 - 4 - 6 - 10 - 13 - 13 - charted for 27 weeks, until the end of 2018

Step Back In Time: 1 - 2 - 4 - still charting

https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/28948/madonna/

https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/43484/kylie-minogue/

She¬īs younger, that¬īs why.

Compare Madonna¬īs album at Kylie¬īs age and it would be fair IMO.

Kylie took a creative risk with Golden and it payed off.

isn't kylie like 10 years younger and doing unproblematic uninspired GP pandering muzak?

better music

Kylie gives the people what they want while Madonna neglects her core audience by trying (and failing) to connect with a younger audience 

19 minutes ago, Lover said:

isn't kylie doing unproblematic uninspired GP pandering muzak?

No...?

OT: idk, they are both legends anyway. Madonna is too controversial for the UK geepee I guess

Kylie is extremely likable. You have to go out of your way to find something to dislike about her. She radiates kindness and feels like a friend.

Madonna is the exact opposite.

Madonna has become extremely tacky. 

3 minutes ago, Lights and Waves said:

Kylie is extremely likable. You have to go out of your way to find something to dislike about her. She radiates kindness and feels like a friend.

Came here to say this.

Kylie comes across as this classy, fresh and very down-to-earth woman who still makes quality pop music without sounding too desperate to follow what's trendy at the moment.

Madonna is paying her dues for being risky both musically and in terms of public figure as well. 

5 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

No...?

OT: idk, they are both legends anyway. Madonna is too controversial for the UK geepee I guess

the way you've edited my post............I-

tumblr_o85sr6JMkp1qj28qwo2_r1_250.gif

papa don't preach 3 weeks #1

like a prayer 3 weeks #1

controversial? I-dk

Kylie is likeable, relateable, which Madonna isn't. She sings her older hits while Madonna only cares about the present.

Kylie keeps reminding people how she got to where she is...Madonna doesn't.

Still after all this...Madonna's tours in the UK are still much more successful and she still makes the most money in there, despite the media trying to bring her down since she divorced Guy Ritchie. So she wins anyway

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Madonno said:

She¬īs younger, that¬īs why.

Compare Madonna¬īs album at Kylie¬īs age and it would be fair IMO.

Kylie was dropped from Radio 1 at the age of 42. Madonna was dropped from Radio 1 at the age of 50 after 4 Minutes, and even then 'Celebration' was still premiered through the station in 2009. Just a year before Kylie was dropped. I don't think age is a fair argument when it could be argued UK radio has been harsher on Kylie.

Simply because Kylie is like the most liked pop star there. :alexz3:

25 minutes ago, Funhouse said:

Kylie gives the people what they want while Madonna neglects her core audience by trying (and failing) to connect with a younger audience 

Madame X has nothing that even try to remotely connect with younger audiences. 

10 minutes ago, Hooker Barbie said:

Kylie was dropped from Radio 1 at the age of 42. Madonna was dropped from Radio 1 at the age of 50 after 4 Minutes, and even then 'Celebration' was still premiered through the station in 2009. Just a year before Kylie was dropped. I don't think age is a fair argument when it could be argued UK radio has been harsher on Kylie.

That only show how big Madonna was and still is in UK.

You just cannot compare two women witch a big age difference, especially when one of them is +60 yo.

Maybe compare Hard Candy to Golden and see how that works out for ya

Madonna's image is quite problematic these days and it is exaggerated by her social media. Kylie is eternally youthful and likeable.

Why has Madonna been doing better than Kylie ever since they both came out?

1 hour ago, tiagol88 said:

Kylie is likeable, relateable, which Madonna isn't. She sings her older hits while Madonna only cares about the present.

Kylie keeps reminding people how she got to where she is...Madonna doesn't.

Still after all this...Madonna's tours in the UK are still much more successful and she still makes the most money in there, despite the media trying to bring her down since she divorced Guy Ritchie. So she wins anyway

Sis what? Madonna has been rehashing the same stories about her moving to New York, getting robbed, raped and rejected, being new in the music business as a female artist in the early 80s, all the backlash she's faced for being liberating, etc.....She's VERY inspiring. This thread just shows the bias towards Madonna, for whatever reason that is.

OT I will say the UK appreciated Kylie more than the US sans gay men appreciate Madonna and that's a fact. Madonna's career hasn't been the same since American Life even though she's had a few smash hits after that. She's never been able to recover entirely with the US media/audience after that.

Kylie is not a polarising artist and so well-liked by the GP. Basically everyone and their mother root for her

1 hour ago, Madonno said:

Madame X has nothing that even try to remotely connect with younger audiences. 

So why did she collaborate with Maluma, Quavo, Swae Lee and Anitta (all streaming monsters)?

5 minutes ago, M.R. said:

So why did she collaborate with Maluma, Quavo, Swae Lee and Anitta (all streaming monsters)?

Not really in the UK

Kylie is more likeable and classy, I mean I love Madonna more but sis can say too many problematic things that annoy you and turn you off.

1 hour ago, Lights and Waves said:

This pretty much sums it up. It's rare to find a pop star that doesn't show arrogance, stir up drama, or comes across as being a diva. Kylie is the most real pop girl there is, her sweetness is genuine and she's very professional. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0