Jump to content
July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

Why isn't Miranda Cosgrive a main pop girl?

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

She was a child star turned singer. Released a double platinum debut album. Several platinum bops after that.

 

Why isn't she huge? Likeable, catchy music, clean image. Whats missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s get her name right first :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Britboyuk said:

Let’s get her name right first :rip:

Honestly what went wrong? First girl on nickelodeon to go double platinum. Why isn't she a global icon right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, musicwonder said:

Honestly what went wrong? First girl on nickelodeon to go double platinum. Why isn't she a global icon right now?

Because people are having a hard time spelling her name... :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LiveYourLife said:

Because people are having a hard time spelling her name... :rip:

But seriously she was the queen of nickelodean. She paved the way for ariana grande to be here. Why isn't she huge? Not enough music?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She can't sing for sh!t :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, musicwonder said:

But seriously she was the queen of nickelodean. She paved the way for ariana grande to be here. Why isn't she huge? Not enough music?

@Diarrhoea you wanna handle this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grown K said:

She can't sing for sh!t :skull:

Either can selena gomez or britney spears. So its not that. Her album was full of hits. Never seen someone produce nothing buts hits on their debut without even trying. Like.... Sold out debut tour. No one was doing that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

Either can selena gomez or britney spears. So its not that. Her album was full of hits. Never seen someone produce nothing buts hits on their debut without even trying. Like.... Sold out debut tour. No one was doing that.  

True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's not conventionally 'beautiful' (she's definitely pretty but not in a, like, Ariana Grande bombshell way), her singing voice is terrible (not in terms of the notes but she sings in the same way that Beyoncé voices Nala in The Lion King, it does not work), her music is good in a theatre kid way but would never chart, bad label support, massive hiatus

 

Stream Oh Oh for clear skin

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diarrhoea said:

She's not conventionally 'beautiful' (she's definitely pretty but not in a, like, Ariana Grande bombshell way), her singing voice is terrible (not in terms of the notes but she sings in the same way that Beyoncé voices Nala in The Lion King, it does not work), her music is good in a theatre kid way but would never chart, bad label support, massive hiatus

 

Stream Oh Oh for clear skin

 

 

1. She's just as beautiful as ariana grande. 

2. Selena gomez & britney spears can't sing AT ALL yet their big? 

3. Sparks fly went platinum. Not bad for a debut. Yea the hiatus didn't help. Like miranda sis drop dome new music!! make your comeback while the demand is still here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She should've been bigger. Sparks Fly is full of bops. Also both Kissin U and Dancing Crazy were my jams back in the day :jamming:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, musicwonder said:

1. She's just as beautiful as ariana grande. 

2. Selena gomez & britney spears can't sing AT ALL yet their big? 

3. Sparks fly went platinum. Not bad for a debut. Yea the hiatus didn't help. Like miranda sis drop dome new music!! make your comeback while the demand is still here...

  1. lol I say this as a fan x
  2. They have nice timbres though, she literally sounds like a 10 year old covering songs in her bedroom
  3. Yeah it did fine, no idea why she just left it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

isnt she in university or sm? She seems really quiet, I think she dosn´t have the personality to become a pop girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bittersweet. said:

isnt she in university or sm? She seems really quiet, I think she dosn´t have the personality to become a pop girl

Pop girls need a certain kind of personality? I thought it was just likability & bops. Cuz Miranda serves both. Plus she's pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daydream and Dancing Crazy slay!!! Avril gave her songs to slay and not to hide from Earth. I mean where TF is she

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, musicwonder said:

But seriously she was the queen of nickelodean. She paved the way for ariana grande to be here. Why isn't she huge? Not enough music?

 

3 hours ago, musicwonder said:

Either can selena gomez or britney spears. So its not that. Her album was full of hits. Never seen someone produce nothing buts hits on their debut without even trying. Like.... Sold out debut tour. No one was doing that.  

 

1 hour ago, musicwonder said:

1. She's just as beautiful as ariana grande. 

2. Selena gomez & britney spears can't sing AT ALL yet their big? 

3. Sparks fly went platinum. Not bad for a debut. Yea the hiatus didn't help. Like miranda sis drop dome new music!! make your comeback while the demand is still here...

 

56 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

Pop girls need a certain kind of personality? I thought it was just likability & bops. Cuz Miranda serves both. Plus she's pretty.

sis why are you so adamant on this :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites