HDD: Ed 60-80k Pure 140-170k SPS

Minogue

Streaming really turned everything into longevity and high entries are unlikely now (except with bundles)

If he manages to have a couple of hits, he will be fine

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iHype.

• QueenBLadyG

• PrettyHurts

• Cherry123

18 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

Which was released 3 years ago... let’s see how’d she do if released TODAY

2 years ago

37 minutes ago, Safe&Sound said:

This doesn't make sense!

He's just from his biggest era, scoring 2 #1s, from the biggest tour of all the time

How could he end up with this number?

Now I worry about Taylor too. Geez, sales are dead, Taylor probably will debut lower than 300k if Ed can't even pull 100k

Sis... :dancehall:

7 minutes ago, DG1 said:

This is a side project. His next studio album will be fine. And these are good numbers. 

Everything Is Love teas :dies:

48 minutes ago, iHype. said:

150K isn’t bad. It is a side project and touted as a collab album on top of that, and y’all know collab albums do less lol.

ATRL will forget cuz they want the kiis.

I'm still surprised I was expecting 250K tho.

53 minutes ago, iHype. said:

150K isn’t bad. It is a side project and touted as a collab album on top of that, and y’all know collab albums do less lol.

Now wait a damn minute. :priceless:

Where was this attitude when EIL dropped user @iHype.

Edited by Gasp

GorgeousRep

What are these excuses? He is literally selling merch bundles with CDs, vinyls, cassettes and he even had a bundle where he was giving the album free if you buy free shipping for an year on his store :skull:

oh what a joyous, happy day. i'm so used to giving now i finally get to receive. the evil has been defeated.

those are bad numbers, no matter how you try to spin it. he is on a record breaking tour and his last album, released 2 years ago, is about 15m SPS WW., yet he struggles to sell 160k first week :deadbanana4:

Even the streaming equivalent numbers ain't good

h5IXZA6.gif

No ****ing way :rip:

I'm honestly nervous for Taylor's predictions now. She could be as low as 500k in all honesty, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit. 

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

This. Not a fan of his, but I don't think this should be held up against the same standards as a regular Ed studio album. I do expect Subtract to not smash as hard as Divide, but still perform better than this. 

28 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Sis... :dancehall:

Everything Is Love teas :dies:

I dont even know how much EIL did. I tuned out that mess. :dies:

Eh, that's ok. If it manages to hold up well, which it most likely will, he'll be fine.

It's just a damn collab album, ya'll like acting delusional sometimes :rip:

Less than 190k even with merch bundles and collabs with famous celebs? Not good tbh.

1 hour ago, Gasp said:

Now wait a damn minute. :priceless:

Where was this attitude when EIL dropped user @iHype.

What do you mean lmao? Completely different scenario. That was “the most powerful music couple” who:

1. Have had an 8 week #1 together, a #2 together, a #3 together, and multiple other moderate hits.

2. Done two stadium tours together that both did like $200m on average 

3. AND Jay-Z’s prior collab albums did:

Watch the Throne - 436,000 first week

Collision Course - 368,000 first week

Unfinished Business - 215,000 first week

The Best of Both Worlds - 285,000 first week

Them barely doing 100K was definitely underwhelming towards any standards. Andddd it was a Hip-Hop release, which is the genre that has the most success with collab albums. Drake & Future’s WATTBA did 375K in 5 days. Hell, Lil Baby & Gunna even did 130K. :rip:

Ed is doing collabs with 40 other artists, it’s a bunch of different genres/experimental, and he’s not as big in America compared to Europe to be having huge success with anything he releases. I do agree 200K would’ve been better though, and this projection is just OK. 

This seems really low

Esp considering the DJ Khaled, Chris Brown Teas with all the features

If he crosses 200k that'd definitely be good for a collab album.. 
he wont promote this like his usual stuff and its clearly not a part of his main album series.. i mean +, x, Divide.. we all know which album will follow.
Also he usually serves longevity so aslong as this goes like 2xPlat in the end its a win

Expecting Subtract to do better.

People always talk about (ey oh ey oh ey oh)
All the things they're all about (ey oh ey oh ey oh)
Write it on a piece of paper,
Got a feeling I'll see you later.

Bye Edward!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.