Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Beyonce helped Rihanna become a superstar

55 posts in this topic

Beyoncé been a navy 

BGfE4f4.gif

Did Jay Z signed her or LA?

That was probably the best thing she did for her own career.

Must have been before she started to resent Rihanna for thinking she would take her man away from her.

Posted (edited)

And now she’s more successful and richer 

Well, duh, it is known.

Rihanna is where she's at because of Bey.

BGfE4f4.gif

And look at that, Rihanna became an icon after following the footsteps of the now legendary Beyoncé. 

Imagine if Rihanna followed someone like Britney? Would she be the Icon she is now?  

I was just gonna say how sweet this was and it shows how much respect they have for each other, but the lame ass comments already started. Let me leave before this turns into a 18 page fight about who is more succesful, rich, talented...

didn't Jay z have an affair with her

ZbLORgZ.gif

He never said "before I signed her" though.

She already had a six-album contract with Def Jam when that showcase he's referring to took place.

She got signed the same day she auditioned for Jay-Z & LA Reid.

2 minutes ago, Tena said:

I was just gonna say how sweet this was and it shows how much respect they have for each other, but the lame ass comments already started. Let me leave before this turns into a 18 page fight about who is more succesful, rich, talented...

i don't think talent would be a topic in this discussion :fan:

Good for ha. She has taste. Queen is now more successful and richer :alexz: 

tenor.gif?itemid=5142413 

you think Jay never asked his partner in life to who he might give a push or not

he saw a potential then she saw a potential too; but both saw a potential in many artists, doesn't mean any of those artists are still here today hustling

8 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Must have been before she started to resent Rihanna for thinking she would take her man away from her.

can you keep your fanfictions out of this narrative

6 minutes ago, Triton said:

And look at that, Rihanna became an icon after following the footsteps of the now legendary Beyoncé. 

Imagine if Rihanna followed someone like Britney? Would she be the Icon she is now?  

Rihanna hasn’t followed Beyonce’s anything,  considering how much more diverse her catalogue is (not to mention #1s, business ventures, etc etc).

Britney’s discography has outsold both ladies’ so I don’t think following her would have been an option anyways :foxaylove2:

OT: Everyone is a Navy since day 1, wbk :clap3: 

Posted (edited)

But it’s obvious that Jay-Z thought Teairra Mari has more potential and gave her all the best resources at that time

Rihanna’s first album is as cheap as it can be. Jay-Z started to pay attention to her after the surprising success of Pon de Replay and the one they really wanted to push didn’t receive the feedback they wanted

Bey wanted L.A. Reid to pay more attention to Rihanna because she felt threatened by Teairra.

She’s a mess and always wanted to steal Jay-Z from Bey 

It's about to be Hive vs Navy: Living aggressively through their faves accomplishments and fighting about it - Part 3455 up in here.

This is why, as a member of both, this whole Hive vs Navy thing has always pissed me off. Both ladies have never showed anything but love towards each other. 

should have given her a vocal lesson why she was at it smh 

21 minutes ago, Triton said:

:bibliahh:

Why is this thread such a mess over something we've heard a while ago?

BGfE4f4.gif

But props to Bey for recognizing star power when she saw it, real recognize real

BGfE4f4.gif

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the Navy Bey :clap3:

Posted (edited)

Bey always has good taste:clap3:

Baby Blue’s artistic education is to listen to Rihanna’s musicBfukdiYIMAIgCcB.jpg

And a decade and half later they're the most powerful artists in the world. The POWER that that has.

BGfE4f4.gif

Indeed. Beyoncé a navy :clap3: she saw the star power