Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Beyoncé: honest opinion

68 posts in this topic

I saw TLK earlier and she cannot voice act to save her life but the singing scenes kind of made up for that. When Spirit played whilst Simba and Nala were going back to Pride Rock, THAT was a moment. 

A true artist. Everything that Gaga wishes she could be. No gimmicks. Pure talent & skill. 

Gaga could never embody a role the way she did in Lion king. Ever. 

Just now, musicwonder said:

A true artist. Everything that Gaga wishes she could be. No gimmicks. Pure talent & skill. 

:ahh::ahh: 

My honest opinion is that ATRL is overreacting. There's nothing wrong with Beyoncé's voice or the way she speaks. The racism implications that it has to say that about a black woman.....I cannot with this forum.

Overrated by the critics/media. Never liked her. I find her inauthentic which is why I can never get into her and her music. 

She's a great performer,I'll give her that. 

Edit- About her role as Nala,she sucks. Judging by what I've seen so far, It feels like she's just reading the lines with no emotion whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

4 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

I have to agree

3 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

The racism implications that it has to say that about a black woman.....I cannot with this forum.

It's weak and stupid to pretend that every criticism of your fave is racially implied. Beyonce and Normani fans love doing this ****, and as a black person it's infuriating and makes a mockery of actual real racially-tinged issues. People may just not kiss your fave's ass. Get over it.

7 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

don’t meant to derail, but who’s that in ur avi? he’s cute af lol

I was a borderline OBH until she released Lemonade on Godify and now i'm neutral/casual fan.

BGfE4f4.gif

8 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

Why does Gaga stay on your mind like that... even in a Bey-centric thread? Maybe Gaga stans really did something coming up with the term OGH.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

OT: I like several sings of hers.

5 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

It's weak and stupid to pretend that every criticism of your fave is racially implied. Beyonce and Normani fans love doing this ****, and as a black person it's infuriating and makes a mockery of actual real racially-tinged issues. People may just not kiss your fave's ass. Get over it.

This is so true.

When you scream RACISMMMM!!!!!! at everything, people will take it less seriously when actual offenses of racism occur.

Overall, I land on the side of liking Beyoncé because she puts in a lot of effort to her live performances.

Not a big fan of her vocal stylings, but I think she's learned over her past few eras when she needs to tone it down and when to go to 11. I have B'Day and would be interested in owning 4, as I think it's her overall her strongest effort. I technically have Lemonade (thank you, Nicki!), but I didn't like it very much.

Unlike most mainstream pop girls, I could gather together enough great songs to full an entire CD, so she's ahead of the curve that way.

I loved her in Dreamgirls.

She's the closest pop star we have to another Madonna, although I don't think her discography is anywhere near as consistent.

Favorite tracks: Formation, Grown Woman, Upgrade U, Crazy in Love, Partition, XO, Love on Top, Hold Up

Least favorite tracks: Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It), Halo, Run the World (Girls)

27 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

My honest opinion is that ATRL is overreacting. There's nothing wrong with Beyoncé's voice or the way she speaks. The racism implications that it has to say that about a black woman.....I cannot with this forum.

PERIOD.

21 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

:clap3::clap3:

30 minutes ago, musicwonder said:

:isudumblmao: :isudumblmao: :isudumblmao: :isudumblmao: :isudumblmao:

2 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

I like her but Hive makes it very hard for me to stan her on this site.

Why would fans dictate who you stan or not stan here? Most fan bases here, especially from the big girls, are delusional and obnoxious, you shouldn't care about that.