Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kosovo* can't join Eurovision. Why?

89 posts in this topic

Just now, new evolution said:

If anyone else can win proxy wars backed by the US, then good for them. You didn't win sh!t, you just sold yourself to the bigger outside power as all Balkan Muslims have done throughout history. Pathetic

Oh oh, a hit dog will holler. Maybe  Serbs should overcome their never ending victim complex and develop respect for other nations that surround them. especially the Albanians who you have treated worse than street dogs during former Yugoslavia. Maybe, maybe when you get there and stop crying out for Russia every single time you start ****, maybe then the nations around you, will develop some kind of respect for you. Accepting and respecting the verdicts of the ICTY would be a great start. 

30 minutes ago, Jan said:

Well, not for me. Nor for the rest of the international community or not even the United Nations. Sad!

I would really love to know how someone's independence affects your daily live to the point where you can't function :cm: Dare to elaborate?

52 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

The US can't help them with that

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

i bet they dont even know what esc is

Anyway, if you were looking for an actual answer then the reason is that their public broadcaster (RTK) isn't a full member of the EBU (which organizes the contest).

They applied a few times for membership but according to current rules they can't be admitted, they tried to change the rule for it this year but it fell thanks to efforts of broadcasters from key countries like Greece, Spain and naturally, Serbia.

2 hours ago, seanoh said:

The 90s say otherwise

65lgQVW.gif

2 hours ago, ontherocks said:

apparently not wars in recent times

sksksksksk

2 hours ago, ontherocks said:

apparently not wars in recent times

And I oop-

8 minutes ago, Yomaku said:

Anyway, if you were looking for an actual answer then the reason is that their public broadcaster (RTK) isn't a full member of the EBU (which organizes the contest).

They applied a few times for membership but according to current rules they can't be admitted, they tried to change the rule for it this year but it fell thanks to efforts of broadcasters from key countries like Greece, Spain and naturally, Serbia.

You forgot to post that Croatia's, Skinny Macedonia's, Slovenia's and Montenegro's broadcasters initiated the vote. 

3 hours ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Kazakhstan already booked that debut for next year. Kosovo can try again in two years.

I don't get this :rip:  Kazakhstan in Eurovision? :toofunny2:  I can't. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Mariano said:

It's a joke but Kazakhstan is indeed in a better position than Kosovo. It's a sovereign state and could become a member of the EBU.

Kosovo can't debut at Eurovision until either it passes such a vote by other EBU members in the next few years or if Serbia, Spain, Russia and co suddenly recognize it as a country. Sooooooo yeah, Kazakstan will debut before Kosovo.

2 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

It's a joke but Kazakhstan is indeed in a better position than Kosovo. It's a sovereign state and could become a member of the EBU.

Kosovo can't debut at Eurovision until either it passes such a vote by other EBU members in the next few years or if Serbia, Spain, Russia and co suddenly recognize it as a country. Sooooooo yeah, Kazakstan will debut before Kosovo.

oh ok :skull: I was shook for a sec. Well honestly if San Marino is allowed to participate, then why not Kosovo :rip: 

3 hours ago, Lazerbeamz said:

Serbia is the Trump (minus the influence and power) of the Balkans (and most of Europe for that matter), everyone hates and drags them, so idk what you’re talking about

You couldn't be more wrong :toofunny2:

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Mariano said:

oh ok :skull: I was shook for a sec. Well honestly if San Marino is allowed to participate, then why not Kosovo :rip: 

Because every EBU member state recognized San Marino as a sovereign state unlike Kosovo. And on top of that Kosovo isn't recognized by Spain, which is probably the biggest problem here. 

EDIT

Unless you meant that ironically, then yes, Kosovo would serve ethnic slut pop every year. :katie2:

Posted (edited)

It's pretty easy to explain? Many countries don't recognize it. Serbia can't join the EU because of it so it's not like they win either.

KOSOVO remains independent and trash free.

SUFFER

2 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

Because every EBU member state recognized San Marino as a sovereign state unlike Kosovo. And on top of that Kosovo isn't recognized by Spain, which is probably the biggest problem here. 

EDIT

Unless you meant that ironically, then yes, Kosovo would serve ethnic slut pop every year. :katie2:

nah sis I don't care tbh :skull:  I just want Bulgaria back

BieixtIIcAAxCUB.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mariano said:

nah sis I don't care tbh :skull:  I just want Bulgaria back

boo boo you will witness a Eurovision with both Kazakhstan and Kosovo and Bulgaria still won't be back. You better pay your taxes so Bulgaria can pay for their final entry. :'(

Where's Kosovo?

Just now, Beautiful Garbage said:

Where's Kosovo?

Northern from Albania and Macedonia

Because countries like Spain and Russia, who have their own territories fighting for independency, would never allow that.

It doesn't really matter, Kosovo is an independent country functioning on its own.

5 minutes ago, greeneyedsoul said:

boo boo you will witness a Eurovision with both Kazakhstan and Kosovo and Bulgaria still won't be back. You better pay your taxes so Bulgaria can pay for their final entry. :'(

:rip:   

3 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

Northern from Albania and Macedonia

Oh ok. Used to be part of former Yuguslavia then? 

3 hours ago, new evolution said:

After 11 years of being a self-declared independent country, occupied Kosovo* still can't even get membership to something as trivial as Eurovision. Why?

Because to join eurovision one needs to join EBU

To join the EBU you need to be a member of the ITU

To join the ITU one needs to be recognosed as a sovereign state by the members of the UN, which Kosovo is not (cause Serbia)

36 minutes ago, Mariano said:

Girl we have Azerbajian and Israel in Eurovision. Why not Kazakhstan.

3 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Oh ok. Used to be part of former Yuguslavia then? 

yup

1 minute ago, beatinglikeadrum said:

Girl we have Azerbajian and Israel in Eurovision. Why not Kazakhstan.

yeah you're right, but it's still weird. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0