Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why does Ed get away with it???

51 posts in this topic

He's always objectifying women in the most basic sense - reducing them to their body parts. Shape of You, South of the Border and other countless songs have him overtly lusting for women's body parts, thighs, curves etc

Yet everyone just bops to these songs like it's nothing? Meanwhile the essays come pouring in for objectification in hip hop and how that's a hypermasculine culture.

He’s a white man 

He’s a fat ugly ginger. No one takes him seriously as a man. 

It's funny because he's actually quite gross himself. Yet his songs are all about how good looking a woman has to be for him to be interested in her. :skull: He's just the worst kind of person in every sense.

Because he's ugly so people know he's fantasising.

Because he's a fat mediocre white man who smells like smegma and ***** his pants. 

With mediocrity?* I don't know, he isn't even attractive

Why does he get away with sharting his pants during concerts in the first place?:rip:

13 minutes ago, ibreathepop said:

He’s a fat ugly ginger. No one takes him seriously as a man. 

11 minutes ago, Pop culture said:

Because he's ugly so people know he's fantasising.

11 minutes ago, princeaiden said:

Because he's a fat mediocre white man who smells like smegma and ***** his pants. 

You're truly hideous people. 

20 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

He’s a white man 

Basically.

TF is this thread?  :deadbanana4:

Mods please don't close this thread, it's not my fault no one is answering me :deadbanana:

It's hilarious because he proves the stereotype  is true. Sex sells. Before Shape of You he would write ballads of loves and sounds of rejection.  They did well but he makes a sex song and boom! Biggest hit of his career.

They get away with it cuz that's what it is. Look at Blurred Lines ( which most people find disgusting now not because of the song but because of the Robin/Miley VMA thing. If that didnt exist Robin Thicke would still have a career. It's also his biggest hit).

You shouldnt get mad at Ed. You should mad at the GP still eating up this mess everytime it comes out cuz it has a great beat :rip:

People seem to not care

I don't like Ed but what is this thread? :rip: literally every artist writes about sex. And objectifying is NOT a thing with adults, sex is natural and everyone can write about it.

The ruthlessness in this thread, oh my goodness :rip:

1 minute ago, Cherry123 said:

I don't like Ed but what is this thread? :rip: literally every artist writes about sex. And objectifying is NOT a thing with adults, sex is natural and everyone can write about it.

asddgjbdjk

PLEASE read what you wrote. I cannot.

I see many of you pressed because he's more successful than your faves :cm:

4 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

It's hilarious because he proves the stereotype  is true. Sex sells. Before Shape of You he would write ballads of loves and sounds of rejection.  They did well but he makes a sex song and boom! Biggest hit of his career.

They get away with it cuz that's what it is. Look at Blurred Lines ( which most people find disgusting now not because of the song but because of the Robin/Miley VMA thing. If that didnt exist Robin Thicke would still have a career. It's also his biggest hit).

You shouldnt get mad at Ed. You should mad at the GP still eating up this mess everytime it comes out cuz it has a great beat :rip:

Sex has ALWAYS sold, even when it was Madonna doing it at its most forbidden and scandalous. Now it's accepted and most of our girls sell it as well. 

7 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

But isn't selling sex mostly associated with female acts?

Blurred Lines was... :skull: I didn't understand that either. That song has so many lyrical red flags that hit me on first listen.

I'm not 'mad' per se at Ed but I really don't get why takedown culture never even shifts his way; people have been cancelled for less.

1 minute ago, Phantom said:

But isn't selling sex mostly associated with female acts?

Blurred Lines was... :skull: I didn't understand that either. That song has so many lyrical red flags that hit me on first listen.

I'm not 'mad' per se at Ed but I really don't get why takedown culture never even shifts his way; people have been cancelled for less.

Swalla and Talk Dirty

Locked Out of Heaven

Often by the Weeknd

Most male R&B songs

Half of JT songs this decade.

Justin Bieber last era

And that's just this decade.

Selecting just ED doesnt make sense when almost every male artist does it.

Because off the internet/SJW twitter no one cares about "objectifying" women. People like catchy songs. Which Shape of You is. 

8 minutes ago, Psikea said:

Sex has ALWAYS sold, even when it was Madonna doing it at its most forbidden and scandalous. Now it's accepted and most of our girls sell it as well. 

Exactly  which is why this thread is not needed because you have to be mad at the entire industry because most of their biggest hits is sex or objectification related these days.

3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Swalla and Talk Dirty

Locked Out of Heaven

Often by the Weeknd

Most male R&B songs

Half of JT songs this decade.

Justin Bieber last era

And that's just this decade.

Selecting just ED doesnt make sense when almost every male artist does it.

I think there's a misunderstanding.

When you say selling sex, do you mean sexual lyrics or the artist in question being sexual themselves? I'm saying the former. I do not mean having scantily dressed women in their videos; to Ed's credit he doesn't often do that.

JB and JT are there too.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0