Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Does Camila make a gimmick of her latina ethnicity?

110 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, MaoMars said:

meh, only the international audience will fall for it, she'll never be a latina legend.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

who knows she might pull a Becky G and just do Spanish music for an album

Glad to see the common consensus from non-biased users is that she can use her culture however she wants. 

/endthread

Delete this dumbass thread. 

1 hour ago, PopNStuff said:

This thread is stupid and racist.

Race and ethnicity are not gimmicks, period. It's part of her culture, so if she chooses to do Latinx music, she can do so.

A gimmick would be Beyonce or Katy jumping on a Spanish song and using their crappy Spanish to sing on these songs.

:cm:

Nnnn I love how everyone can profit off Latin Stereotypes but when it's an actual Latino profiting it suddenly becomes a gimmick :ahh:

Camila is laughing her way to the bank, just like the highest-paid actress on TV and latina legend, Sofia Vergara is. 

Still waiting on those receipts of her donating the Havana proceeds to charity. Until then I consider her using it as a gimmick tbh.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

4 hours ago, FAN said:

The only reason Becky is releasing full Spanish music is because all of her “Caucasian” material was trash and flopped and she wasn’t able to release an album for 5+ years so she hopped on a bunch of Latin artists tracks, played up her heritage and now has one hit song there. You’re dragging Camila for literally the same thing Becky did except Camila has success and the other will remain a flop. 

How is Becky a flop? :skull: one of the top girls in Latin music.  She has always been about her her heritage and she never released an album because of label drama with Dr. Luke. Don't try to come for her to defend your fave when you don't even know her situation.

The only thing Camila makes a gimmick out of is pretending to be banging Shawn Mendes

NBTS was a hit. I haven't heard the Ed song yet, but I hate 99% of his songs.