Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Will people watch TLK because of Beyonce?

26 posts in this topic

Do you think that people will watch The Lion King because of Beyonce's acting voice skills, or because it's a classic?

Discuss :coffee2:

Both, Bey still has a massive fanbase at the end of the day. It's a mix of fans, nostalgia fans and the new generation. 

:celestial5:

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure if Bey wasn't there the movie wouldn't even gross half of what it will do at the box office.

Unfortunately, yes

BATB: $425 mil original

$1264 mil remake

Lion King: $968 mil

I guess it then depends on how many millions it gets beyond $968 mil

Her fans? Yes.

The GP? Most of them don’t know she’s part of the cast. 

15 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Pretty sure if Bey wasn't there the movie wouldn't even gross half of what it will do at the box office.

:dies: sure jan. 

After the reviews of her performance, I have to say no.

Being a Disney classic it would still pull huge numbers without her, however Beyoncé fans will definitely give it an even bigger boost. :michael:

Some people that are fans of Beyonce will watch it because she's in it, most will watch it because it's a Disney classic. But that's nothing you didn't already know. Useless thread. :cm:

Bey seems to be giving it more attention than any other actor on TLK, so let's give her credit there. 

In countries where English isn't the main language, no chance. Kids will watch the dubbed version in most cases so they won't even know Beyonce was involved.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

More like the reason why people don't go. She can't even sing, let alone voice acting :ace:

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, BeenTheShit said:

Being a Disney classic it would still pull huge numbers without her, however Beyoncé fans will definitely give it an even bigger boost. :michael:

Her fanbase can’t even get Spirit to chart in the top 200 on Spotify, what makes you think they would give the movie a significant boost? n

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

Some people that are fans of Beyonce will watch it because she's in it, most will watch it because it's a Disney classic. But that's nothing you didn't already know. Useless thread. :cm:

7 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Her fanbase can’t even get Spirit to chart in the top 200 on Spotify, what makes you think they would give the movie a significant boost? n

Your fave is declining and writing tumblr editorial pieces maximizing her victim complex as we speak, yet your priorities over the weeks seem to involve Beyoncé and TLK. Then again, everything about the Lover era has been uneventful and boring, so it’s no surprise your attention has shifted.

iZ6hUUf.gif

OT: I can’t speak for everyone else, but coming from someone who has only seen one other Disney live-action remake, so far, my main reason for showing up to a theater will because of Beyoncé :gaycat4:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Outlaws said:

Beyonce's Lion King

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43aa859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

You answered your own question. Closed thread.

1 hour ago, Alaska. said:

:ahh:

7 minutes ago, PULSE. said:

You answered your own question. Closed thread.

You are exaggerating my post. I only included one gif.

Yes people WILL watch, no doubt. 

I wonder by how much Beyonce will increase her 1B film gross by.... another Billion? Two? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JonginBey said:

Your fave is declining

Did I hit a nerve, Ms. JonginBey? Because that’s really rich coming from someone who stans a pop girl who struggles to crack the top 200 on Spotify. Perhaps you should stay in your lane considering this can only finish with you being skulldragged and me laughing. 

sGB8Qgp.gif

1 hour ago, peterstyles13 said:

Did I hit a nerve, Ms. JonginBey? Because that’s really rich coming from someone who stans a pop girl who struggles to crack the top 200 on Spotify. Perhaps you should stay in your lane considering this can only finish with you being skulldragged and me laughing. 

sGB8Qgp.gif

You, skulldrag me?

Do you see this? @6_INCH_HEELS