Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Artists Leeching Off Others’ Success

45 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, kellysclarkson said:

These are just similarly titled songs. I don't think anyone hears Neon Lights on the radio and goes and streams a Blake Shelton song.

This, looool :dies:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Psikea said:

I don't think that's planned, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was. Marketing is marketing. Get money, bitch! 

marshmello alone did it twice, its no coincidence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

 

 

Praying was a hit?

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kellysclarkson said:

These are just similarly titled songs

u cant be this naive :rip: 

 

these are some obvious examples already:

 

17 minutes ago, tellem said:

? Do these count-

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

Praying was a hit?

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

atrl said it's actually bigger than its #22 peak so yes

 

kxUwvoV.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot the most obvious example. :skull:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, umich said:

 

 

oh god these 2 yes!! thank u for actually understanding what im trying to say unlike these dumb ho*s :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see how this is leeching :rip: I was expecting being desperate to get on a remix of a smash hit etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

atrl said it's actually bigger than its #22 peak so yes

 

kxUwvoV.gif

This is definitely not a hit:

 

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2017–18) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[45] 6
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[65] 68
Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)[66] 19
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[46] 11
Canada AC (Billboard)[67] 27
Canada CHR/Top 40 (Billboard)[68] 7
Canada Hot AC (Billboard)[69] 13
Czech Republic (Singles Digitál Top 100)[70] 50
France (SNEP)[71] 75
Hong Kong (Metro Radio)[72] 1
Hungary (Single Top 40)[73] 13
Ireland (IRMA)[48] 23
Japan (Japan Hot 100)[74] 84
Netherlands Tip (Single Top 100)[75] 4
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[76] 37
Portugal (AFP)[77] 53
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[47] 16
Slovakia (Singles Digitál Top 100)[78] 49
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[49] 30
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[79] 77
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[80] 64
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[81] 26
US Billboard Hot 100[82] 22

 

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

u cant be this naive :rip: 

Having a similarly titled song hurts an artist more than it helps them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lonnie said:

This is definitely not a hit:

 

Weekly charts[edit]

Chart (2017–18) Peak
position
Australia (ARIA)[45] 6
Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)[65] 68
Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)[66] 19
Canada (Canadian Hot 100)[46] 11
Canada AC (Billboard)[67] 27
Canada CHR/Top 40 (Billboard)[68] 7
Canada Hot AC (Billboard)[69] 13
Czech Republic (Singles Digitál Top 100)[70] 50
France (SNEP)[71] 75
Hong Kong (Metro Radio)[72] 1
Hungary (Single Top 40)[73] 13
Ireland (IRMA)[48] 23
Japan (Japan Hot 100)[74] 84
Netherlands Tip (Single Top 100)[75] 4
New Zealand (Recorded Music NZ)[76] 37
Portugal (AFP)[77] 53
Scotland (Official Charts Company)[47] 16
Slovakia (Singles Digitál Top 100)[78] 49
Spain (PROMUSICAE)[49] 30
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan)[79] 77
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)[80] 64
UK Singles (Official Charts Company)[81] 26
US Billboard Hot 100[82] 22

 

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

whatever idc im talking about something else stay on topic sis

 

kxUwvoV.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

whatever idc im talking about something else stay on topic sis

 

kxUwvoV.gif

The post I was quoting wasn't even yours touchy touchy

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

But ot none of the songs you posted seemed to be leeching, some English words are more common than others

 

kxUwvoV.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lonnie said:

The post I was quoting wasn't even yours touchy touchy

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

But ot none of the songs you posted seemed to be leeching, some English words are more common than others

 

kxUwvoV.gif

the post that u quoted on MY thread

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

also 'calma' is an english word??

 

kxUwvoV.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

the post that u quoted on MY thread

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

also 'calma' is an english word??

 

kxUwvoV.gif

Girl you can just stick to pm-ing yourself the responses you want if you're going to get this touchy about people posting opinions that are different from your own in your threads

 

kxUwvoV.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lonnie said:

Girl you can just stick to pm-ing yourself the responses you want if you're going to get this touchy about people posting opinions that are different from your own in your threads

 

kxUwvoV.gif

its called having a discussion but okay...

 

kxUwvoV.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, umich said:

 

kxUwvoV.gif

“iTs jUsT A cOiNCiDeNcE”

 

:isudumblmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fetish for MiMi said:

I’ve noticed this a few times, sometimes when a song smashes, another artist will take advantage of its success by releasing a song with SIMILAR title :rip: examples:

 

When Demi’s ‘Neon Lights’ became a hit in early 2014,  Blake Shelton released ‘Neon Light’ in August :rip:

 

 

 

They both just wanted a piece of Dannii Minogue's sweet, sweet Neon Nights cake. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, lonnie said:

Praying was a hit?

 

kxUwvoV.gif

 

Yes. Wasn't a smash, but it was definitely a hit. OP was asking for smashes though so my bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites