Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Does it feel like Taylor even released music?

Taylor, what’s up?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. She fading?

• Fading totally, haven’t heard either singles anywhere
    • She’s still smashing yasssssss

34 posts in this topic

Seriously tho :biblio: it’s like those two singles she released are absolutely forgotten, am I tripping? :biblio:  Is she truly fading and this isn’t just an ATRL joke anymore? :biblio:

Yeah they came and went :rip: 

I'm looking forward to the album though. I know she will give us some masterpieces on it.

Well no. Because usually she has a GRIP on the entire industry for months-on-end, but it's just... different this time. She doesn't feel 'present' enough.

She’s fading. I’ve said before that she was not going to transition well in this current music climate and of course, ATRL thought I didn’t know what I was talking about. But here we are...

The Billboard Hot 100 top 2 sure remembered 

Both songs were really bad, that's probably why they lacked longevity on the charts

Still perched for the album tho, her album tracks usually bops

I thought this was going to be about the quality of the music.

While I have heard YNTCD in public, thankfully I've not heard ME! anywhere since it's release.

We are so used to Taylor dominating the charts, we weren't ready for this era without a #1 single.

16 minutes ago, Oxygen said:

Yeah they came and went :rip: 

I'm looking forward to the album though. I know she will give us some masterpieces on it.

The album will hopefully have some Dancing With Our Hands Tied, if not she can KEEP IT 

16 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Well no. Because usually she has a GRIP on the entire industry for months-on-end, but it's just... different this time. She doesn't feel 'present' enough.

And that’s exactly what I mean, it’s undeniable, mentioning the songs went #2 and then pretending as if they were there for a month or something is just......:biblio:

She is just not that driven anymore, kinda like Rihanna. Of course she cares about making bank, but her promo was always on point, now she just puts links on her Instagram and goes play with her cats. She knows she has that captive audience.

The songs were lackluster and there's nothing memorable about this era minus the drama.

The GP has moved on to Ariana, Dua, Billie, etc.

It definitely feels like a non-event. I thought Reputation felt like a huge step-down from 1989, but this feels even less of a moment than it used to be when Taylor released. 

3 minutes ago, Blue. said:

She is just not that driven anymore, kinda like Rihanna. Of course she cares about making bank, but her promo was always on point, now she just puts links on her Instagram and goes play with her cats. She knows she has that captive audience.

How is Rihanna not driven anymore when she took a break and has music coming out this year? She's taken as much a break as Adele (shorter break even) yet people only get on her case because she ventured into other businesses.

23 minutes ago, Revolution said:

The GP has moved on to Ariana, Dua, Billie, etc.

one of these girls is not like the others, like a rainbow with all of the colors

This era has literally been the worst possible case scenario. Everything about it has been lackluster - an absolute disaster that I never expected from Taylor. Like, ever.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, lonnie said:

How is Rihanna not driven anymore when she took a break and has music coming out this year? She's taken as much a break as Adele (shorter break even) yet people only get on her case because she ventured into other businesses.

Rih is my favorite pop girl and you can damn tell the bitch is living her best life with makeup and fashion and paying us music fans dust :ahh: 

Also, talking eras and not breaks, she used to be everywhere too. For ANTI she only did handful of performances and didnt even promote the singles :rip:

Both songs are lame and forgettable 

not when Me! is one of the best singles of the year

3 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Rih is my favorite pop girl and you can damn tell the bitch is living her best life with makeup and fascinó and paying us music fans dust :ahh: 

How is this an indication that she's not driven with music anymore though. Were y'all expecting she'd release an album annually till she croaked? 

No. I haven’t really played either trash song since the day of release.

I still love ME and YNCD and people go crazy everytime ME is being played in the club.

jeez. Never Really Over, ME! and You need to come down are the only songs that keep on replaying on my local radio station every damn hour. and I'm getting tired. like only 2 MAIN POP GIRLS are on rotation daily. gosh pop girl drought situation indeed.

The GP is not feeling this era.. 

yeah this era is a total non-event. But the thing is even tho the GP seems to have moved on to the other girls. She's still way more powerful and in the end, will move bigger units with her album. It's kinda embarrassing seeing these girls numbers when they have GP on their side. When Taylor had the GP she was doing 4x their numbers :rip: It kinda really shows where they will stand when they don't have GP on their side. :noparty: