Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reviewer Thinks The Lion King Used Real Animals

10 posts in this topic

I just saw this review and I cannot stop cackling.

This reviewer really thought that they filmed animals in Africa and just dubbed voices over them.

This “Lion King” features live lions, cubs, hyenas, mixed with some CGI characters. You can bring a cub to water but you can’t make him drink. Or smile. The result is that “The Lion King” feels like a National Geographic documentary with narration sort of synched to close-ups.

These beasts aren’t being observed, a la Jean-Jacques Annaud’s “The Bear.” They’re being manipulated to “act.” Some take direction well, others not so much. Since the animals can’t really act, they also can’t be choreographed.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/07/11/did-disney-make-a-mistake-with-live-action-lion-king-new-movie-gets-a-57-with-critics-who-call-it-cold-and-unemotional

Omg this can’t be real :ahh: 

Is this a parody site? Djskdjdj

It's not a reviewer. It's Roger Friedman. One of Madonna's biggest critics ever and actually most female popstars. 

He's usually wrong about everything.

But even for him this is...bad :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Newt said:

Is this a parody site? Djskdjdj

Nope, he's a legit reviewer. It's the whole purpose of the site other than entertainment news.  :deadbanana4:

Just now, tiagol88 said:

It's not a reviewer. It's Roger Friedman. One of Madonna's biggest critics ever and actually most female popstars. 

He's usually wrong about everything.

But even for him this is...bad :deadbanana2:

I mean, he doesn't count for RT or anything but he's still a reviewer. That's one of the main sections of the website.

Also, I knew his name was familiar. I forgot about the Madonna stuff. :skull:

The fact that there will be a plenty chuck of people that will actually think this as well :deadbanana2:

That can only be a complement to the VSX team :clap3:

Are you with me lions? :isudumblmao:

Damn the movie is getting PANNED

:toofunny2:

To be fair, that's kinda what they did with seven-time Academy Award nominated Babe (granted that was farm animals). Mostly real animals that had their mouth movemets and facial expressions manipulated via CGI. Funnily the emoting worked just fine there.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0