How to fix Nicki's image

50 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, @michael said:

I think pulling an Aaliyah’s the only way now.

:skull:

#1 Stop being insecure with other successful female rappers

that's the only way. PeriodT

37 minutes ago, @michael said:

Why is there no report button on mobile :deadbanana2:

49 minutes ago, @michael said:

:deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, @michael said:

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, espeon said:

This to be honest. And let the label pick the singles and orchestrate all of the promotion. Sis might be hella talented but she definitely doesn't have an ear for hits :skull: She called that Zayn collab one of her fav tracks ever or something:skull:

She should also ditch the whole "Evil Queen" & "Bad Guy" persona cause no one ****s with it in 2019. People want fun, catchy and carefree bops. That whole evil imagery thing is a thing of the past. Even the whole vendictive/evil persona of Taylor in "reputation" didn't do so well with the public, compared to her previous releases.

Also, "cleaner" fashion. Sometimes she serves iconic looks and beauty (VMAs 2016 & 2017 and most of TPP era :smitten2:) and sometimes she looks like a complete amateur mess.

Focus on quality, leave the messy and evil persona behind, let the label do all of the business part on their own and bring back the clean TPP looks.

TPP was sooooooo good. It was everything. The looks she was serving constantly. I think she looks worse with heavy (badly done) makeup (a Britney Spears tea)

People should watch Nicki on talk shows, she's so charming, funny, intelligent. I don't know why or how it goes wrong on social media/Queen Radio.

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

TPP was sooooooo good. It was everything. The looks she was serving constantly. I think she looks worse with heavy (badly done) makeup (a Britney Spears tea)

People should watch Nicki on talk shows, she's so charming, funny, intelligent. I don't know why or how it goes wrong on social media/Queen Radio.

Her Genius interview... I watch that **** once every 2 months

2 hours ago, Yomaku said:

She needs to only let her music talk

1 hour ago, @michael said:

:deadbanana2:

Reincarnation into a better person?

2 minutes ago, Rihabelye said:

Her Genius interview... I watch that **** once every 2 months

Definitely! I love how she pointed out that a lot of rap now  is so simplified and dumb (I think that's her exact quote nn) and people/audiences are so dumb and don't recognise the intricacies of her rhymes. Not saying every Nicki verse is an intelligent, thought out piece of lyricism but people overlook her ability as a lyricist (internal rhymes in songs, the other things she pointed out herself in the Genius interview etc).

Focus on her talent 

you can't fix a broken glass

The people who don’t like her will never like her because they have these expectations of who she needs to be that’s that. 

She needs a song with bradley cooper :mandown:

1. Social media should be taken away from her for a while. She should use it to promote her music, so her label should take care of that while she's in some sort of "rehab" for that.

2. She should learn to take criticism, she's a musician and she, more than anyone, should know that everything is criticized in that business.

3. Her private life should be kept that way, private. She posts too much about it.

4. She should do what she was doing when she released "Lookin' Ass" and collaborated with Beyoncé on "***Flawless". Release more raps like those.

sorry but I’m just imagining a 2 hour YouTube video of Nicki apologizing and..... :toofunny2: That would be a mess. 

Nicki needs to talk less and she’s also unpredictable if she gets her own platform so that would be a mess. She needs to go on another hiatus, delete Twitter so the barbz can’t get to her and come back with a new attitude. And a new man that doesnt freeload off her and is confident enough to tell her when she’s doing too much.

1 hour ago, Kiss It Better said:

you can't fix a broken glass

You can melt it into something else. Perhaps she should rethink her career choice and focus on acting like GaGa did

she should release a country album like miley kesha and kylie did

43 minutes ago, Iceland said:

:rip:  

47 minutes ago, Iceland said:

:rip:

4 hours ago, @michael said:

:fan:

OT: Unfortunately for her she’s too old so it doesn’t  matter what she does. Plus you can’t teach an old dog new tricks :celestial5:

Well the best option is to go back in time to 2011-2015 and reduce the amount of random features and DJ collabs she did by at least 50% so that it wouldn't have cheapened her image (pigeonholed her into being a feature artist) and people would be forced to appreciate her actual skills as a rapper, and in addition for her and Kim to get over their beef and not take unnecessary shots at Remy, and if not then for her to actually make a halfway decent response to Shether. But it's too late for all of that.

Now, the second best option is to go back to The Pinkprint era and serve high fashion/respectable/mystery by making herself more inaccessible on social media, especially by improving her Instagram feed and improving the looks she serves at award shows etc., and letting the music speak for itself. Get rid of Queen radio or stop making every episode into a witch hunt or a personal life discussion and instead make it about the music, videos, tours, maybe allow for more fan call-in Q&A's or something. On top of that, no more Bed or Anaconda like pop-filled messes. She needs to show people she is a RAPPER.

57 minutes ago, Iceland said:

43 minutes ago, ThePinkWidow said:

she should release a country album like miley kesha and kylie did

:deadbanana4:

She needs to evolve. Since her debut, she's been rapping about her p***y etc and overtime it gets old. The break she took between The Pinkprint and Queen was the perfect opportunity to rebrand herself, let go of her insecurities, embrace other female rappers (perhaps even take some under her wing and mentor them) and to also come hard with a Hip-Hop record which would be considered a classic. She dropped the ball on all fronts and now her career is suffering from it, not to mention the decisions she continues to make lately.

She can't continue to consider herself on Bey & Rih's level when they've surpassed her commercially and artistically. Both women are in relationships with respected men and look who Nicki's with - a rapist/convicted murderer with 5 kids.

5 hours ago, Brando said:

1. Better music

2. Deflate all the unnaturally oversized body parts 

3. Stop dressing up and acting like a prostitute

This. :cm:

Good post OP, I agree with everything you said.