July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

Beyoncé’s voice acting slays in new clip

67 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, swissman said:

The thing is: Beyoncé haters will get it in their head that something is bad, that it could never be good, so no matter what they are presented with, they'll find a way to think it's flawed.

Or it's just people who want to make their fave seem better.

Naw, she's never been a good actress and her line delivery has always been awkward/weird/bad in 9/10 cases and it isn't any different here. :dies:

1 hour ago, swissman said:

LOL TRUE!

57 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

You just gotta ignore the miserable unfulfilled nobodies of the world. They're the real problem with society. Always bringing down people because they can't do anything worth a damn. Beyoncé sounds good, as does Donald, an Emmy winner for Best Actor.

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

Oh I know their words are as fleeting as the wind. Just stating it that we see thru their transparency and armchair critiques. 

Chance the Rapper auditioned for this role and they gave it to Donald :rip:

On 7/12/2019 at 8:25 AM, A Little Unruly said:

Naw, she's never been a good actress and her line delivery has always been awkward/weird/bad in 9/10 cases and it isn't any different here. :dies:

Except most reviews and people who saw it said she did fine.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, Legacy said:

The thing is even though there are real haters out there, not everybody is one and people have the right to think that something is bad. That's their opinion, it doesn't mean they are automatically haters!

I really don't like Donald's voice here. It doesn't fit to me.

Sure, but there is a difference between having an opinion or critique and repeating the same tired rhetoric of the haters.

Perhaps it's just ATRL phrasing that makes everything sound hateful, as well as the ATRL culture's insistence on placing negativity above positivity, but most comments seem quite over-reacting (to a film that isn't out yet) and sensationalized. There's been countless voiceovers by pop girls and no one nitpicked it at this level when those films came out.

It's a complete disaster.

OMG is this the final version?

I still cannot believe this.... Where was everyone while making this? Actors, producers, recorders... How can someone see/listen to this and think this is alright ? Were they afraid to say NO to this? Unbelievable 

+ isn't Simba, Nala's son? and isn't this the scene where Nala founds him? 

Is this how son/mother sound when they are meeting after years? the emotions... i- 

1 minute ago, madmen said:

isn't Simba, Nala's son? and isn't this the scene where Nala founds him? 

Is this how son/mother sound when they are meeting after years? the emotions... i- 

Ew. No he’s not. :rip: What film have you watched? Simba and Nala are childhood best friends who become lovers once they’re reunited as adults.

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Ew. No he’s not. :rip: What film have you watched? Simba and Nala are childhood best friends who become lovers once they’re reunited as adults.

mess :rip:

(i've never seen the original one)

On 7/12/2019 at 12:04 AM, Somi said:

I don’t appreciate you constantly trying to throw shade at Beyoncé and now you’re pretending to not even know who she’s playing in the film? Get a grip :biblio: 

The character's name is Nala, love.

4 minutes ago, madmen said:

mess :rip:

(i've never seen the original one)

Get out!

Yeah Bey sounds good here but Donald sounds tragic. We should hold off on judgement till the real thing but I'm scared to watch this

Simba and Namba sound good here.

I don't think their voices fit for the roles.

Beyoncé would do so much better as a female super hero. 

On 7/13/2019 at 4:47 PM, TheFireLexus said:

Simba and Namba sound good here.