July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

Jermaine Dupri shades new female rappers.

30 posts in this topic

[..]When asked who his favorite rapper from today is, he couldn’t say. His reasoning was that they all rap about the same thing and “as far as rap goes, I’m not getting who’s the best rapper.”

“I don’t think they’re showing us who’s the best rapper. For me, it’s like strippers rapping…I’m getting a story about you dancing in the club, I’m getting a story about you dancing in the club—who’s gonna be the rapper?”

more https://theshaderoom.com/jermaine-dupri-on-female-rappers-today-theyre-all-rapping-about-the-same-thing-its-like-strippers-rapping/

"Strippers' rapping" was a very poor choice of words that will get misconstrued to sexism, but I don't think he meant it like that.

That being said, I 100% agree with him. The new rap girls are underwhelming as hell. 

He’s right. 

I just remembered when he compared Beyonce future longevity to Janet Jackson back in 2006 ....... :rip: His opinion means NOTHING.

1 minute ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I just remembered when he compared Beyonce future longevity to Janet Jackson back in 2006 ....... :rip: His opinion means NOTHING.

I mean they are both legends with longevity...

1 minute ago, MusicTalker said:

I mean they are both legends with longevity...

"Only Janet records sound like her. I always look and think, 'Where's Beyonce going to be in 20 years?' It's hard for me to visualize,” Dupri was quoted as saying. “I don't put them on the same plane."

:mandown: :rip:

Posted (edited)

Just like MEN always have a story about gang banging and living a life they never did.

There are exceptions.

Also, one of the only females talking about stripping is, Cardi. Meghen, Saweetie, Cash Doll,  Maliibu Mitch, ect. have not. They talk about SEX. Like everyone else.

Now I will give you, some of the most versatile rappers were the old school ones, and people like Missy. Lets not use words like that to generalize all of these women.

And what do the men do? Well they'll smoke the rap out, how bout that?

Jermaine take a half seat please. Talk trash about today's rap, fine, but be on it with both sides.

Just now, jdmc218 said:

Jermaine take a half seat please. Talk trash about today's rap, fine, but be on it with both sides.

This

3 hours ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

:mandown: :rip:

The clown came back in a full circle with him opening for her 20 years in her career.

Everyone dragging that midget in the comments section :ahh:

Didn’t he knock up a stripper and that’s why Janet dumped his azz?

40 minutes ago, Keith said:

This

The clown came back in a full circle with him opening for her 20 years in her career.

:laugh: 

6 hours ago, jdmc218 said:

strippers are mostly used as props/accessories behind gangbanging rappers. they are not used to the stripper actually being in the forefront

Posted (edited)

Who are they - who are the multiple individuals he is talking about?

Other than Cardi B, I know no ex-stripper from among current rap artists.

cardi has something to say about it.

But the guys are rapping about the same thing :biblio:

But you signed Mulatto who sings about what..? Same **** these other girlies rap about so what is he even talking about. Anyway I’m so sick of the double standards in rap because these new guys are doing the exact same thing 

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

cardi has something to say about it.

Points all across the board. :clap3::clap3:

He is not lying though. All of Cardis stuff sounds the same. Thats probably because there isnt much talent there. She is likeable so long as you dont have to consider her music which is at this point mostly stale and bland. You know what shes going to say before she even says it. 

Just now, Adonis said:

He is not lying though. All of Cardis stuff sounds the same. Thats probably because there isnt much talent there. She is likeable so long as you dont have to consider her music which is at this point mostly stale and bland. You know what shes going to say before she even says it. 

True and it's the same for Nicki Menage. You know the content before you even press play on the song:

- "this ***** wet and juicy"

- "I'm the baddest bitch"

- "getting down in the club"

- "all these hoes wanna be me"

That's all these bitches know how to rap about.

1 hour ago, éclat said:

But the guys are rapping about the same thing :biblio:

There's some really lyrical guys out there not rapping about the same thing J.I.D., Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Chance and plenty others who may not be Billboard Top 100. 

1 hour ago, Raiden said:

Who are they - who are the multiple individuals he is talking about?

Other than Cardi B, I know no ex-stripper from among current rap artists.

He thinks talking about sex = stripper. Its just a misogynistic take on women advancing in hip hop. They hate when women on their ****. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EarStyle said:

There's some really lyrical guys out there not rapping about the same thing J.I.D., Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Chance and plenty others who may not be Billboard Top 100. 

you can say the same about women tho.

There's some really lyrical gals out there not rapping about the same thing Tierra Whack, Rapsody, Kari Faux, Noname and plenty others who may not be Billboard Top 100. 

the hypocrisy of the whole situation is that everything said about female rap can be applied to male rap and visa versa.