Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Beyhive going through what other fanbases went through

50 posts in this topic

The invincible Beyonce is suffering a streak of underperformance that doesn't arguably live up to her powerful brand. This has entailed some ridiculous lashings on ATRL the past couple days.

However, in retrospect, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera and their respective fanbases, to name a few, have all gone through it with all the amounts and extents of ridicules and trashings on here when their projects flopped, so perhaps this is just your taste of knowing none of your faves is immune to the market's cutthroat cycles and a future warning to everyone whose fav is just going through their prime to not be so cocky and that's all I wanna say. 

So that's that on that, thanks for coming to my ted talk

Wasn’t RTW/4 era dragged just as hard in 2011? I vividly remember this site always teasing the fact that she couldn’t get a top ten hit that era.

She was gonna get lashings regardless but it’s more vocal than usual because the Hive were antagonizing the Monsters/Gaga all through ASIB season especially before it blew up. Now the Monsters are retaliating any way possible since TLK is off to a rocky start. The Hive brought it on themselves this time. 

2 minutes ago, umich said:

Wasn’t RTW/4 era dragged just as hard in 2011? I vividly remember this site always teasing the fact that she couldn’t get a top ten hit that era.

mte, the way everyone is overreacting now and the movie isn't even out yet and could easily end up smashing :rip: 

4 was an underperformance. And let's not forget when her album was in the top 2 but it wasn't number 1. This should not be considered a flop since it's not her movie.

2 minutes ago, KingBeyonce. said:

Lmao sis, were you here during the 4lop era?

well, Love On Top and Run the World stood the test of time though so it wasn't a complete failure

I think the GP has slowly been getting tired of the Carters arrogant attitude. You could feel the tide turning on her. 

5 minutes ago, PULSE. said:

Bookmarking all these threads. 

Girl give it up Beyonce is flopping

10 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

4 was an underperformance. And let's not forget when her album was in the top 2 but it wasn't number 1. This should not be considered a flop since it's not her movie.

Her stans told us that it was Beyoncé's The Lion King though? :dancehall:

3 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

You think the Hive cares? :toofunny3:

The other fanbases were having a meltdown :fan:

lol I mean I just feel old seeing all my favorites artists from the 2000s continuously failing to match their past or compete with the younger stars and somehow these new girls that just popped up on the scene and their fans still get brave knowing damn well they too will fall eventually

It’s what they deserve

They got too cocky and hyped Bey and TLK too much. It’s over for them when the film can’t live up to expectations

They set their fave up

Can we let the movie run it’s course first? And Beyoncé’s last two solo projects sold well, more than the majority of your faves so let’s not act like she’s been flopping for years. 

8 minutes ago, BadX said:

well, Love On Top and Run the World stood the test of time though so it wasn't a complete failure

I agree :party: but at the time, they flopped to hell in a way that was so opposite of the IASF era so she was dragged HARD by every fan base lol. 

9 minutes ago, BadX said:

lol I mean I just feel old seeing all my favorites artists from the 2000s continuously failing to match their past or compete with the younger stars and somehow these new girls that just popped up on the scene and their fans still get brave knowing damn well they too will fall eventually

eh, the newer stars are pretty weak in comparison. It's why Bey still can hold her ground and can stay relevant without being #1 at everything :gaycat3:

The Hive is just petty :flower:

Lol, this is nothing. Coming from IASF, the performance of RTW was one of the most epic moments on Atrl. This forum was a bloodbath. And the 4's first week sales. :lmao: 

y'all can't even wait for the weekend smh

if this song smashes or just generally does well then this forum is going to be a bloodbath :toofunny3: 

It’s def not the first time a movie she’s been a part of has been panned, so we’ve been here. She’s also one of the only females with 3 albums with over 1 billion streams on spotify despite the overused drag that she “hASnT HaD a HIt In 5,000 yEaars!” She actually has very, VERY good recurrent streams. Most girls can’t relate to her in that aspect. 

Also, TLK is still going to be a box office smash, but yes, it is a disappointment the way she handled her original song. I tried my best to find the redeeming qualities in it, but all in all it could have been a lot better... still a tad bit early to act like she’s BOMBING and OVER tho. Y’all proceed to have your moment but in the end y’all still look as mental as always.