Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What did Jungle Book have that TLK didn't?

12 posts in this topic

Same director, same remake gimmick; but TLK arguably has a bigger cast and definitely has more beloved source material.

a) It had a reactionary and talented human character who was very well balanced, emotionally;

b) Better voice acting (It didn't look or sound jarring at all, unlike TLK)

c) Released in a less Disney infested market

d) All of the above

e) Other

I actually think because the Jungle Book isn't as huge as most other Disney movies it had much more to gain from a live action, I actually learned to love the movie's story more after watching the live action one and prefer it :cm:

Whereas The Lion King is already animation perfection, its honestly more of a risk to try and replicate it or translate it to a different format...

It was focused primarily on a human character and it also had the benefit of being the first of its kind as opposed to the third in fewer than six months. Also it's based on a richer, more complex story which better supports the extremely realistic visuals and settings. A thin plotline doesn't matter as much when you're dealing with 2D brightly colored anthropomorphic characters obviously geared toward young children. 

The movie isn’t even out yet so how on earth is anyone supposed to answer this question :skull: 

It’ll still outgross The Junglebook so I don’t understand he point of the thread.

uhm more like what it didn't have - it didn't have the most beautiful and charismatic animals in an animation ever - unlike TLK which did have these. 

Small Simba trying to wake up his dad and crying for him is one of the only thing that can get me to cry and like really really CRY. TLK animation is just incredible in every single way. 

The jungle book never had that, but yeah it also has a human as its main character which makes it a bit better when it comes to emotions etc. 

Also it helps that the jungle book was the first remake with realistic CGI that Disney did so yeah. And the original movie wasn't nearly as big as TLK. 

16 minutes ago, Jet said:

Nobody watches animated children’s movies for the voice acting cast. Even you know that :rip: 

but the Hive is saying Beyonce is an audience magnet :celestial5:

14 hours ago, BobBertran1992 said:

Expressive animal faces.

True, actually. I'm looking at clips and you can see a lot of emotions on their faces. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0