Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Can You Feel the Love Tonight is a dissapointment...

48 posts in this topic

It should've been a SOLO Beyonce song. She sounds so good and Donald brings it down. It's a mess and a half... Such a wasted opportunity :chick3:

I agree :noparty: but I don't understand because I've seen his performances and Donald can sing but him on this song was not it 

Bey and Billy carrying the song :fan:

Donald’s voice sucks. It sounds like he’s just whispering under Beyonce’s vocals. Beyoncé’s voice hasn’t aged well, or maybe it’s the way she’s singing in this movie, I don’t like it. The original Disney had beautiful vocalists.

17 minutes ago, Talking Fish said:

It should've been a SOLO Beyonce song. She sounds so good and Donald brings it down. It's a mess and a half... Such a wasted opportunity :chick3:

I just like the chorus with the duet but the verses are trash

I don’t think it’s terrible but it’s missing the magic of the original. I know some people will claim I’m holding on to nostalgia too much but that’s the gamble of remakes- the original is a classic, this one.........won’t be.

It's redundant. It's almost exactly the same instrumental but the new vocalists don't add anything, they deflate the song if anything.

6 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

The fact that D*nald dragged Gaga just to sound like this.

A clown, literally a clown:fan:

Wait he dragged gaga?! :biblio:

5 minutes ago, Shinning said:

Beyoncé delivered vocals your faves could only dream of delivering. She sounds sublime.

I don't care for Donald.

Isn't that what the OP said?? :biblio:

OT: yeah Beyonce saved this song

Does Beyoncé smoke or the twins sucked a little bit of her "new rising supreme type of style"? Something feels flat here...

They definitely should have hired someone at (or even near) Beys level so it would've sounded like a duet. Right now Bey sounds like she's just singing circles around Donald and it's a bit jarring

I really thought everyone was just being over-critical but damn this really is tragic.

How do you butcher a masterpiece and not realize it during the process? :deadbanana4:

4 hours ago, Grown K said:

Does Beyoncé smoke or the twins sucked a little bit of her "new rising supreme type of style"? Something feels flat here...

lol she's not a reckless idiot, so I don't think so. The only time I've ever seen her smoke is in a few videos for looks.

Pregnancy/birth, especially when it's more than one baby, will affect a woman's diaphragm/voice. I think it's just all about readjusting. 

and what is "new rising supreme type of style"??

3 hours ago, DG1 said:

Better than the original for me. 

Definitely more bearable for me lol. I can't stand Elton John's voice and the lady's voice in the movie was meh.

3 hours ago, DG1 said:

Better than the original for me. 

Agreed. Just listened to the original and never realized how vanilla it is.