Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Is Bey on a decline?

94 posts in this topic

her last popular album with the GP was I Am Sasha Fierce.

Despite Stan jokes, TLK is not Beyonce's. She did a voice over and a soundtrack and that's it. It is at most a side project for her. Let's wait until the main MUSIC project that we make the decision. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_317 said:

Despite Stan jokes, TLK is not Beyonce's. She did a voice over and a soundtrack and that's it. It is at most a side project for her. Let's wait until the main MUSIC project that we make the decision. 

Girl what? I was told this is Beyoncé’s Lion King

16 hours ago, Adele Addict said:

She also doesn’t seem to be interested in what she’s doing either. :rip: She straight up doesn’t promote ANYTHING anymore, and despite what Bey may think, her name is not enough to sell something, especially when that something is a live-action remake of one of the most beloved Disney films of all-time. As great as it is that the film has an all-star cast, including Beyoncé, no one is going to see it because of that. The Lion King is so well-loved that I think people would go see it even if every actor in it was completely irrelevant.

She’s been on a decline for years. I don’t think she really cares anymore, to be honest. :dies: She puts out an album once every couple years (that she doesn’t even bother to promote), does a monster tour and an occasional feature. She does very few interviews or public appearances, and she doesn’t need to — whether her most current project succeeds or flops, she’s gonna get paid either way. She’s done enough in her career where she clearly is not invested in promoting her stuff anymore. (And I understand how frustrating that is as a stan, but I also really can’t blame her.)

Anyway, whether The Lion King smashes or not — and it’s still going to, regardless of the critical response — it has nothing to do with Beyoncé. No one was going to see the movie solely for her in the first place.

Wrong. I will see the movie just because of her.

1 hour ago, Somi said:

Girl what? I was told this is Beyoncé’s Lion King

It IS. And the amount of threads on this forum related to her flopping, her movie flopping, how she is done etc is the proff that it is indeed Beyoncé's Lion King. :) 

Does anyone stay on top forever?

11 minutes ago, pieuxvu said:

And so will I!!!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, tittieslap said:

The only other female popstar who's been in the game this long (that I can think of) is Madonna, who's still considered a legend even when she had several fluctuations in popularity along with some artistic and commercial failures. So in conclusion, ya'll are just pressed over this woman for no reason. :priceless:

Also, Madonna got her big break in her late 20s. Beyoncé has been around since she was 17.

I believe the public has taken a look behind the curtain. The mystery is gone. 

She's a legacy act now, not a main pop girl anymore.

Yes.

Spoiler

Al igual que sus tetas.

Yes, there is no room for her in Trump’s America 

Posted (edited)

The fact all these Gaga stans in here whew!

This is looking very 2011-2012 right now and we all know what happened in 2013, I would ease up especially when these are all side projects

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

She's pushing 40 and she has had her moment filled with overrated acclaim and praise.

but ATRL say that Perfect Duet smashing hard because of her..

I don't understand.. :psyduck:

it seems she really is declining, but only seems, and i hope it does turn out to be more than seeming, but we'll know for sure by the end of the year

4 hours ago, pieuxvu said:

Generally speaking, though, you know 99% of the population is not going to see The Lion King specifically for Beyoncé. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

23 hours ago, Summer Boy said:

Don't let the propaganda fool you! Beyoncé hasn't been relevant since Telephone, which was a decade ago. :sorry:

This forum kills me :deadbanana4:

Beyoncé has been around since the 90s and is holding up incredibly well. Some of her peers barely survived a decade, or at all. 

Yes, she’s over. Selena passed her streaming numbers, and some of the new girls are catching up to her as well. The media made her seem bigger than she actually is