Frequently asked questions... Read more... Ă—

Lion King | RT: 59% | MC: 56

975 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, justin. said:

Beauty and The Beast got rave reviews. Try again, sweaty.

71%

• Average Rating: 6.69/10

🤪

1 hour ago, VJoker said:

Imagine having Beyonce, the woman who is afraid to give interviews because she does not possess the intelligence to speak in a normal manner, be the voice over for a huge movie like this. :toofunny3:

Yikes. Still intelligent enough to be aware of her own stupidity.

1503818325_confused-britney-spears.gif

14 minutes ago, justin. said:

Beauty and The Beast got rave reviews. Try again, sweaty.

The lies. It was a little better received, but it hardly got raves.

58% = 3.0/5

71% = 3.5/5

:dies:

3 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

I’m sorry, but this is the dumbest thing i’ve ever read on this site, trying to pass off The Lion King as a hard R-rated movie :rip: 

No child of any age is going to understand the ramifications and themes of the Shakesperean undertones. But any child of any age will assimilate what they can understand, which for a TODDLER might be Timon and Pumbaa eating bugs, and for an older kid, the sadness of Mufasa’s death etc. TLK is for all ages, stop deluding yourself 

The original Lion King was not for "90s Babies" nevermind "00s babies" when it was released in 1994. I'm sorry. I don't care how you want to spin it, but this isn't a debate that you're going to win. It makes absolutely no sense when 90s babies were 1-4 years old at the time. Ya'll so quick to want something that was not catered to your generation. Make it make sense.

So you can agree to disagree, or you can keep moving. It's very simple.

7 hours ago, merlls said:

“It just felt like she was reading her lines” Alissa Wilkinson, VOX

“She messed up the film” Khanyi Mbau 1, All4Women

“Beyoncé’s disembodied voice-over was just hovering over footage” Matt Patches 1, Polygon

“All I could picture was Beyoncé in a recording booth, reading lines” Bilge Ebiri, Vulture

Ntc3XNm.gif

The second person didn't even see the film :skull: That tweet came way before the premier.

Also, the fact that neither Beyonce’s AND Disney’s payola machine couldn't buy good reviews. It seems like people are finally opening their eyes:cm:

1 minute ago, lepetitmonstr said:

Also, the fact that neither Beyonce’s AND Disney’s payola machine couldn't buy good reviews. It seems like people are finally opening their eyes:cm:

If they tried to buy them they would have gotten them :rip:

6 minutes ago, simplywohoo said:

I really wonder if they think. 

Ntc3XNm.gif

Otd5tp3.gif

:ahh:I'm hollering at the EFFORT, the dedication, the ASIB era must have put a toll on their mental sanity. The power that she has!!!

From the clips that i have seen, beyonces troubles have only just started. Once more people watch it they will realise how bad of a job she does for her character, it sounds just like her own voice which is the worst thing you can do as an actress. No one will be able to take it seriously as all they will picture beyonce in a recording booth saying those words. They really shouldn't have booked her

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

1 minute ago, LetsParty said:

From the clips that i have seen, beyonces troubles have only just started. Once more people watch it they will realise how bad of a job she does for her character, it sounds just like her own voice which is the worst thing you can do as an actress. No one will be able to take it seriously as all they will picture is beyonce in a recording booth saying those words. They really shouldn't have booked her

a859b62cb8f763ab6396079640076f1a0784c43a

True that.

24 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

The original Lion King was not for "90s Babies" nevermind "00s babies" when it was released in 1994. I'm sorry. I don't care how you want to spin it, but this isn't a debate that you're going to win. It makes absolutely no sense when 90s babies were 1-4 years old at the time. Ya'll so quick to want something that was not catered to your generation. Make it make sense.

So you can agree to disagree, or you can keep moving. It's very simple.

You’re the one who makes no sense, first trying to pass of TLK as an adult movie that children can’t understand and now saying it wasn’t for 90s kids :ahh: when it’s the defining movie of the Disney Renaissance, and those movies were the childhood of every child born in the 90s. The certainly were for me, and I guess for every other person who clocked your deluded ass in this thread 

can’t wait for the Eli Roth live action remake of Hercules!! He’s bound to get all that gore and adult content right :ahh: 

20 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

You’re the one who makes no sense, first trying to pass of TLK as an adult movie that children can’t understand and now saying it wasn’t for 90s kids :ahh: when it’s the defining movie of the Disney Renaissance, and those movies were the childhood of every child born in the 90s. The certainly were for me, and I guess for every other person who clocked your deluded ass in this thread 

can’t wait for the Eli Roth live action remake of Hercules!! He’s bound to get all that gore and adult content right :ahh: 

Who said it was for adults? I said the original Lion King was for 80s and late 80s babies. Those who were all 5-12 years old at the time. Reading is fundamental.

:ahh:

Imagine thinking Disney created this film for toddlers who were 1-4 years old at the time. In diapers even?

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:

I can't breathe. Make it make sense.

By the way, nobody clocked me. I gave all your deluded asses the tea. Your the only one still grasping at straws trying to claim something that wasn't for you. It's not hard to understand.

8 hours ago, merlls said:

“Beyoncé’s disembodied voice-over was just hovering over footage” Matt Patches 1, Polygon

“All I could picture was Beyoncé in a recording booth, reading lines” Bilge Ebiri, Vulture

Ntc3XNm.gif

Otd5tp3.gif

9 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

Who said it was for adults? I said the original Lion King was for 80s and late 80s babies. Those who were all 5-12 years old at the time. Reading is fundamental.

Imagine thinking Disney created this film for toddlers who were 1-4 years old at the time. In diapers even?

I can't breathe. Make it make sense.

By the way, nobody clocked me. I gave all your deluded asses the tea. Your the only one still grasping at straws trying to claim something that wasn't for you. It's not hard to understand.

You’re the one who said children born in the 90s wouldn’t understand it and that’s why it wasn’t catered to them, which are two completely different things :ahh: Disney has said numerous times that they make films for the ENTIRE family, which goes back to Walt’s vision of entertainment, and that INCLUDES toddlers. Just because people of different ages are going to understand different things doesn’t mean it’s not for young children, or that they “can’t claim it” :rip: 

And you haven’t given anybody any tea because no one agrees with you :ahh:

53 minutes ago, simplywohoo said:

Maybe they did already. Maybe the score would be even worse if they did not. :lakitu:

7 minutes ago, VJoker said:

Maybe they did already. Maybe the score would be even worse if they did not. :lakitu:

A concept :lakitu:

8 hours ago, merlls said:

Ntc3XNm.gif

i just-

Just watched Jon Favreau on Jimmy Kimmel and he said they didn’t do ANY test screenings, which is just absurd to me. How did Disney not force them to do test screenings? No wonder it’s getting such mixed reviews, they literally showed the full thing for the first time at the premiere.

10 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

You’re the one who said children born in the 90s wouldn’t understand it and that’s why it wasn’t catered to them, which are two completely different things :ahh: Disney has said numerous times that they make films for the ENTIRE family, which goes back to Walt’s vision of entertainment, and that INCLUDES toddlers. Just because people of different ages are going to understand different things doesn’t mean it’s not for young children, or that they “can’t claim it” :rip: 

And you haven’t given anybody any tea because no one agrees with you :ahh:

Still grasping at straws.

"Disney says their movies are for the entire family, and that includes toddlers and infants!" 

It is we! It is me!

I can't breathe. It's pure insanity. It was not for 90s or 00s babies at time of release when most of them weren't even born. There is nothing else to discuss here. This is all rather pointless. Like I said on my first post this live-action is a travesty and 80s babies are feeling this. I'm not sure why you even quoted me.