Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Lion King | RT: 54% | MC: 55

1,159 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mimie said:

71%

• Average Rating: 6.69/10

🤪

And? That’s great for a blockbuster film aimed at children and families. Keep being mad that nothing is going how you had hoped except for the box office numbers (maybe). :!ohno:

Yeah I’m gonna have to watch this in Spanish 

37 minutes ago, retromaury said:

Yeah I’m gonna have to watch this in Spanish 

:deadbanana2: i was literally thinking about going to watch the synchronised version with my little sister

idc about the scores etc.. but at least you have the soundtrack. the lion king has one of the best soundtracks. The African influences make the music so beautiful. I'm listening to it now. I've listened to Circle of Life, Can You Feel Love Tonight (which I was most looking forward too - and although not as good as the original it's still a fine cover) - I just heard I Just Can't Wait To Be King this one really didn't hit the heights of the original but it's still nostalgic.

Hakuna Matata is bad.. :biblio:

3 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

idc about the scores etc.. but at least you have the soundtrack. the lion king has one of the best soundtracks. The African influences make the music so beautiful. I'm listening to it now. I've listened to Circle of Life, Can You Feel Love Tonight (which I was most looking forward too - and although not as good as the original it's still a fine cover) - I just heard I Just Can't Wait To Be King this one really didn't hit the heights of the original but it's still nostalgic.

Not only the film, but the music is also mediocre :skull: 

A Star Is Born was acclaimed for both.

Disney, why did you do that? :ace:

2 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Not only the film, but the music is also mediocre  

A Star Is Born was acclaimed for both.

Disney, why did you do that? :ace:

the more I hear of it... :skull: I've just heard The Lion Sleeps Tonight...

But none of those are Beyonce. Can You Feel The Love is decent. Spirit is boring tho. I only heard it once tho so.. :cm:

1 hour ago, G'Day said:

Just watched Jon Favreau on Jimmy Kimmel and he said they didn’t do ANY test screenings, which is just absurd to me. How did Disney not force them to do test screenings? No wonder it’s getting such mixed reviews, they literally showed the full thing for the first time at the premiere.

Probably because they knew the problems the movie has are overarching and would have been too difficult, expesive and time-consuming to fix and since they knew they're gonna make a **** ton of money regardless they just rolled with it. It's not like a re-"shot" or re-cut scene here and there is what would have fixed the issue. A lot of the criticism also stems from it being an uninspired rehash and that's not really something you can counteract either.

RT: 60% (+1%)

giphy.gif

Just now, ArianadelRey said:

RT: 60% (+1%)

giphy.gif

It's fresh again

We stan a acclaimed movie:clap3:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

It's fresh again

We stan a acclaimed movie:clap3:

giphy.gif

:deadbanana2:

The movie FIGHTING for its life to get out of the rotten segment :deadbanana:

When last year the Hive was wondering where in the 90s it'd land up :deadbanana4:

3 hours ago, SavagePapi said:

The original Lion King was not for "90s Babies" nevermind "00s babies" when it was released in 1994. I'm sorry. I don't care how you want to spin it, but this isn't a debate that you're going to win. It makes absolutely no sense when 90s babies were 1-4 years old at the time. Ya'll so quick to want something that was not catered to your generation. Make it make sense.

So you can agree to disagree, or you can keep moving. It's very simple.

Girl a thing called home video exists...

I’m a 90s baby and TLK is 100% a part of my childhood :1stplace:

Beyonce's Lion King! :alexz:

Otd5tp3.gif Ntc3XNm.gif

i love Brazilian forums :dies:

It’s going to destroy the box office and probably break a ton of records in the process. Who gives a shite about a few lame reviews :dies: 

1 minute ago, Lucyyyyyyyyy said:

It’s going to destroy the box office and probably break a ton of records in the process. Who gives a shite about a few lame reviews :dies: 

It’s the worst movie of all time so it doesn’t matter 

23 hours ago, NMiguelCosta said:

When this movie flops watch the Beyoncé stans forget they kept calling this Beyoncé's movie all this time. 

So true! :ahh:

Fresh

*nicki running gif*

19 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

It’s the worst movie of all time so it doesn’t matter 

Stfu

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

The movie FIGHTING for its life to get out of the rotten segment :deadbanana:

When last year the Hive was wondering where in the 90s it'd land up :deadbanana4:

Huh? Never really saw any Hive talking about this much. 

I can't wait to see Beyoncé's Lion King next month!!!

5 hours ago, VJoker said:

Imagine having Beyonce, the woman who is afraid to give interviews because she does not possess the intelligence to speak in a normal manner, be the voice over for a huge movie like this. :toofunny3:

Imagine not possessing the intelligence to understand the fact that the reviews are mixed, hence the positive ones praised the dubbing whole the negative ones criticized the voice of the WHOLE cast, not only Beyoncé's.

Thank God I cannot relate! 

1 hour ago, SayCart1991 said:

So true! :ahh:

There’s no chance this movie is flipping dumb ass. Aladdin has the same rotten score and look how that turned out.