Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Kanye West, Ty Dolla $ign, Nicki Minaj - New Body

21 posts in this topic

Just now, FloridaKilos said:

Nicki still recycling verses. "MAMA" is far superior than this.

Almost every rapper recycles verses. Cardi's already doing that and she's new 

Mama is overrated

2 minutes ago, Bacardo said:

Almost every rapper recycles verses. Cardi's already doing that and she's new 

Mama is overrated

We're holding Nick to a higher standard. It's fine to recycle, but not when it's corny.

MAMA should've been a hit, all three of them made great contributions to the concept of the track and completely nailed it. Nicki actually pulling through with fresh bars and flow. :clap3:

1 hour ago, FloridaKilos said:

We're holding Nick to a higher standard. It's fine to recycle, but not when it's corny.

MAMA should've been a hit, all three of them made great contributions to the concept of the track and completely nailed it. Nicki actually pulling through with fresh bars and flow. :clap3:

Nicki's released 400+ verses, so I don't see the reasoning with holding her to a higher standard when it really should be the opposite. 

1 minute ago, mellenthin said:

Nicki's released 400+ verses, so I don't see the reasoning with holding her to a higher standard when it really should be the opposite. 

She actually writes her raps? Cardi has been using the same verses and flows and not in the same way Nicki does it.

"Money still long like weave, ***** still wet like Florida" and "Mouth still say what it want to, ***** still wet like a big bitch" :bibliahh:

25 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

She actually writes her raps? Cardi has been using the same verses and flows and not in the same way Nicki does it.

"Money still long like weave, ***** still wet like Florida" and "Mouth still say what it want to, ***** still wet like a big bitch" :bibliahh:

In that sense, yes. But considering having wrote that many verses, it's almost impossible to not recycle some. 

But I agree. She recycled a lot of lines this verse.

31 minutes ago, FloridaKilos said:

7 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

In that sense, yes. But considering having wrote that many verses, it's almost impossible to not recycle some. 

But I agree. She recycled a lot of lines this verse.

I think it's smart to have staples that you can insert into songs here and there "bitches is my sons", "wrist icy" etc. I feel like it's a fun way to interact with fans whenever they spot it and it helps solidify your brand.