Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Are you embarrassed about your music taste?

64 posts in this topic

Do you tell people irl you listen to pop girls?

I almost exclusively listen to female music (not just the trashy electro/candy-pop, the more acclaimed stuff too like Lorde, Bey (SF and Lemonade), Kate Bush, Fiona Apple) but when someone asks me what I listen to I will say something like "ah you know, mostly everything" then list some rappers I know 3 songs from and then say I listen to Taylor Swift as a guilty pleasure :rip:

Sometimes, yeah. Depends on who's asking. But I'm only ashamed that part of my taste is very candy pop, not really that it's almost only females. When I say I listen to everything from indie to pure pop, most people aren't that weird about it.

Posted (edited)

really, could not care less. lana signed my wrist and i got it tattooed. i listen to so many diverse artists and i take absolute pride in the incredible women i listen to, who have left a mark on my life and soundtracked every moment. if someone wants to deduce my personality to gay twitter stan then that says more about them than me. :rip: 

music is sacred to me and if they think slayyyter is weird or lana is fake or azealia is trash or sky is tryhard or sophie is noise… i'm not the one missing out. i've been a gaga stan since the fame in seventh grade. learned early on to embrace it, and not give a ****.

Not at all, I love it. But I’ve never met someone that likes the same music that I do, with the same intensity at least lol but I guess that’s something really personal and what makes you unique :psyduck:

I just choose to embrace it, however I do usually choose names that the other person is more likely to be familiar

ngl if it's a complete stranger I sometimes pick the 'trashiest' options that I listen to just to see their reactions :thing: 

No, I have flawless taste in music

:-*

no i serve taste and its my job to educate the tasteless

11 minutes ago, Miichael said:

No, I have flawless taste in music

:-*

why would i be so when they say they love basic tunes like Ed Sheeran 

Of course not

I upload pictures of LOONA weekly on my WhatsApp status sooo.

I was in the past. But nowadays people are extremely positive and receptive whenever I mention I’m a fan of Lady Gaga. Something has definitely changed about her perception and people usually respond by complimenting her.

Apart from that I mainly listen to Black Metal and that doesn’t get an amazing reaction so I tend to sound casual about it :fan:

No but I don’t talk about my super indie faves cause nobody knows them anyway :cm: 

Posted (edited)

It depends on who I'm with. I'm not "embarrassed" but some people can be so pretentious with their music opinions. I don't share my music with people if I know they're gonna hate it just cause there's a big name attached to it.
However I also have a few Lana fan friends and gay friends that listen to similar stuff as me so I can talk about it with them if I like. They loved ASIB as well, so that was fun

8 minutes ago, M André said:

I upload pictures of LOONA weekly on my WhatsApp status sooo.

stan!

No and I conditioned all my friends to enjoy the music that I like.

Of course not but I will probably say the "cool" artists first :fan:

No. Everyone who knows me knows the reasons why I stan what I stan. When I talk about my music taste, specifically women in music, it's not "yaath skinnTy legend released a bopT to slay the straighties!!1!" And anyway, if they serve pretentious I can serve it right back. :fan: For a year and a half I had to work with a misogynistic (painfully closeted gay) Beatles/rEaL mUsIc stan who pretended not to have any female artists he enjoyed. Each day was a passive-aggressive shadefest. He quit. :skull:

Nope.Tbh I know i'm really into basic pop music and what about it? Music is masturbation for brain... :alexz3: Actually unless you are an expert or a classical music fan, you shouldn't judge someone for his taste :alexz3:

No, because pop girl music is the epitome of quality. :)

Lorde, Bey, Kate Bush and Fiona are still pretty gay

But just be honest about what you like and listen to, why be embarrassed? I don't just listen to Pop/Top 40 or female artists so I'm not shy about saying I love the gay ****

1 hour ago, Haus said:

really, could not care less. lana signed my wrist and i got it tattooed. i listen to so many diverse artists and i take absolute pride in the incredible women i listen to, who have left a mark on my life and soundtracked every moment. if someone wants to deduce my personality to gay twitter stan then that says more about them than me. :rip: 

music is sacred to me and if they think slayyyter is weird or lana is fake or azealia is trash or sky is tryhard or sophie is noise… i'm not the one missing out. i've been a gaga stan since the fame in seventh grade. learned early on to embrace it, and not give a ****.

I love this loud, vibrant twink post. But Slayyyter is absolutely cancerous to the ears I'm sorry. Love Sophie though.