Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Are you embarrassed about your music taste?

61 posts in this topic

kinda yeah. but mainly because I'm an oppressed individual living in a heteronormative society, which means I'm supposed to listen to straight masc music bro.

Not at all. It's a silly thing to be embarrassed about. Anyone who would judge you for what you listen to isn't worth your time.

Not at all, everyone around me knows that I love pop music. I had problems with it in like 8th grade.mp3 but certainly not now

Well now that I think about it I tend to mention the most likely to be unknown artists first (e.g., Bjork, Kate, Fiona) and I'm also selective on what sounds less gay when they ask me to play music :rip:

3 hours ago, Overprotected said:

Well now that I think about it I tend to mention the most likely to be unknown artists first (e.g., Bjork, Kate, Fiona) and I'm also selective on what sounds less gay when they ask me to play music :rip:

same :rip: 

Most of my friends IRL know I listen to certain pop girls due to Snapchats at concerts/my public Spotify playlists.

But tbh outside of atrl I mostly acknowledge the hip hop/rap/EDM music that I also stan, mostly non-pop girls that don’t have followings on atrl so I don’t talk about them here. 

Absolutely not.

I can listen to any kind of music. If it's in the right setting, my preference is pop music tho and i focus on that genre.

Hate it when people only use one kind of music and deem every other genre trash.

Lol no. It's so weird because pop music IRL seems so obsolete. It only seems like pop is big on ATRL and Twitter with the gheyz.

I have Britney as my header on facebook so

I was also pretty unphased the few times a classmate checked my phone and found it 98% full of pop girl albums

I'm a Mariah stan, so no. Whenever I list off my faves, everyone usually says, "Oh, so you like people who can actually sing."

Duh.