Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Are you embarrassed about your music taste?

61 posts in this topic

No but I'm embarrassed for straight locals' tragic taste

No, because I only listen to male artists who write their music.

sort of but not really 

2 hours ago, FloridaKilos said:

I love this loud, vibrant twink post. But Slayyyter is absolutely cancerous to the ears I'm sorry. Love Sophie though.

thank you! :sistrens: 

i just don't understand it… being meek about your passions… i love hearing people talk about theirs and seeing how their faces light up. i can and will talk about my girls in depth (esp my trinity: gaga, lana, charli) and if the other party is being rigid about it then i will succinctly direct them to **** off. period.

i'm just a very forward person and wear my heart on my sleeve. i love what i love because i love it and i don't need anyone else's approval to confirm what i already know—that i have excellent taste, including slayyyter—because i am WHAT? sickening

giphy.gif

No. I let everyone i meet know i love Whitney and Mariah and Adele in that specific order

I used to be a bit apprehensive about immediately showing my love for the pop girls but I realized that there's really no point in hiding your music taste :michael: What I've noticed though is that in recent years, people usually react to me listing Britney, Gaga, Madonna, Spice Girls etc. as my faves with stuff like "Oh my god, I love that so much" or "Oh that's so cool!!" as if they're somewhat admiring that I'm admitting to loving the pop girls :lmao:

No, I like a few genres - pop, rap, hiphop, r&b, rock, dance/edm. 

lmfao no :michael:

Not one bit.

Nope, not at all. I've learned to truly embrace it. It makes me... me. And I find the music I listen to to be quite good. I love showing people music I like.

In high school yes lol 

one time my iPod started playing gimme more and I got beat up 

Absolutely not.

no i use to wear my dangerous woman tour shirt all the time in uni.

no! i like many people here listen to super talented FEMALE artists that have all impacted our lives through their music/messages. no one should feel embarrassed about that 

On 7/11/2019 at 9:31 PM, G.U.Y. Gaga said:

In high school yes lol 

one time my iPod started playing gimme more and I got beat up 

:rip:

Sometimes honestly. I'm truly starting to not care though

I just bought a pickup truck and I lowkey love pulling up to red lights blasting girl pop now bc people are always shook at the masc/femme juxtaposition :jonny: breaking gender roles feels so good when you see the look on a redneck's face 

Not around people I am close with but like I’m not telling (straight) strangers that my most listened artists are CupcakKe and already disbanded Korean girl groups.

No lol 

Even stuff I’m not that deep into, I don’t know a whole lot about Kpop outside of a couple groups but this colleague does and I’ll gladly discuss with her what I know for the whole office to hear, who cares