Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Jesse McCartney in Manila/Singapore

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

I guess Asian (female) fans are more loyal? He's also performing in Vietnam and Singapore. 

I think teen heartthrobs are more popular in Southeast Asia? I think Charlie Puth (basically a J Mac successor) packed out a stadium in Thailand but not in North America.

The Philippines tste in music is perpetually stuck in the era of the 90s AC sound

12 hours ago, HANZ94 said:

Still the best Male teen pop album ever 

he did that 

body language and leaving alone :jonny5:

He’s honestly one of the most overlooked ex acts and doesn’t get his rightful credit.

His concert is being livestreamed now on Instagram.

Could someone embed it here if possible? (For everyone's viewing pleasure.) :gaycat4:

It's over now.

He will be performing in Singapore tomorrow (14 Jul).

1. So I went. Short setlist but outstanding. No In Technicolor Songs though.

2. His latest songs are really popular (Better With You and Wasted) the crowd is singing along

3. Just so You know still a crowd favorite

4. Meet and Greet is a pile of sh*t. However, we got it for free. Jesse tried to accommodate his fans but the promoters are the garbage here. treated us like sh*t. keep on screaming and shouting in our face as if we are not professionals or we owe Jesse something big.

-20 secs - 30 secs only, promoters/bouncers pushing us out 

-1 official shot only (I wasn't able to pose nicely)

-group photo by 4. hell I was like an extra on the picture with 3 random strangers.

I enjoy his concert nonetheless. Very intimate only him and his long time guitarist on stage. He doesn't need big bands or dancers to tour. He did this for fans who supported him all throughout. yep he saw the chart/music/stream data and found out Philippines is next to USA. (don't know if he's lying tho. any way to check artist's listeners by location?)

Maybe NEW ALBUM at the end of this Year as he said:jonny5:

3 hours ago, PromptingSilver said:

1. So I went. Short setlist but outstanding. No In Technicolor Songs though.

2. His latest songs are really popular (Better With You and Wasted) the crowd is singing along

3. Just so You know still a crowd favorite

4. Meet and Greet is a pile of sh*t. However, we got it for free. Jesse tried to accommodate his fans but the promoters are the garbage here. treated us like sh*t. keep on screaming and shouting in our face as if we are not professionals or we owe Jesse something big.

-20 secs - 30 secs only, promoters/bouncers pushing us out 

-1 official shot only (I wasn't able to pose nicely)

-group photo by 4. hell I was like an extra on the picture with 3 random strangers.

I enjoy his concert nonetheless. Very intimate only him and his long time guitarist on stage. He doesn't need big bands or dancers to tour. He did this for fans who supported him all throughout. yep he saw the chart/music/stream data and found out Philippines is next to USA. (don't know if he's lying tho. any way to check artist's listeners by location?)

Maybe NEW ALBUM at the end of this Year as he said:jonny5:

Great to hear that you had a Good Time. How many songs did he end up singing?

7 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

Great to hear that you had a Good Time. How many songs did he end up singing?

15 songs If I recall

1. She's No You

2. Leavin'

3. Selfless

4. Just So You Know

5. The Stupid Things

6. Soul

7. Anybody/Because You Live

8. How Do You Sleep

9. Body Language

10. Shake

11. Better With You

12. Wasted

13. Right Where You Want Me

14. Beautiful Soul

15. Bleeding Love

On 7/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, Reeawna said:

He aged like Greek yogurt but I mean.... Talent. 

He really doesn’t look that different...

7 hours ago, PromptingSilver said:

15 songs If I recall

Reveal hidden contents

1. She's No You

2. Leavin'

3. Selfless

4. Just So You Know

5. The Stupid Things

6. Soul

7. Anybody/Because You Live

8. How Do You Sleep

9. Body Language

10. Shake

11. Better With You

12. Wasted

13. Right Where You Want Me

14. Beautiful Soul

15. Bleeding Love

Cool. Right now I am at the concert premises with about 500-600 people attending. Thr venue can hold 900+ people.

1 hour ago, Genius1111 said:

Cool. Right now I am at the concert premises with about 500-600 people attending. Thr venue can hold 900+ people.

Singapore? 500-600 people? I mean... very intimate I suppose. Which song is a crowd pleaser?

22 minutes ago, PromptingSilver said:

Singapore? 500-600 people? I mean... very intimate I suppose. Which song is a crowd pleaser?

Beautiful Soul it seems (and right at the very end). The other popular ones are the other uptempo hits like Leavin', How Do You Sleep, Shake, Right Where You Want Me. He played the same 15 songs.

I can't say I am in any way a proper J Mac fan, because I mostly only stan Leavin' and How Do You Sleep and his hair/looks in 2008 and 2009. The songs in his first 2 albums are kinda cringy but they are bonafide guilty pleasures to sing along too. I did keep a lookout for him in 2010 and I kinda ignored him all these years.

It was by accident that I remembered about  him and streamed his songs on Spotify a few days ago. And then I realized the concert was on the 14th and decided to go online and check. Unsurprisingly, there are still hundreds of seats left and out of pity I decided to buy a ticket. I was also lucky to find a 10% off promo code that expired 3 mins after I ordered the tickets online. :eli:

Underrated king. I'll always love him for Departure. What an amazing and solid album :smitten: 

As I was about to leave, one guy in his 40s or 50s (!!!) asked me to send pictures of the concert to him. :psyduck:

I really wasn't expecting anyone over there to be above 35 (or under 23 for that matter). 

14 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Beautiful Soul it seems (and right at the very end). The other popular ones are the other uptempo hits like Leavin', How Do You Sleep, Shake, Right Where You Want Me. He played the same 15 songs.

I can't say I am in any way a proper J Mac fan, because I mostly only stan Leavin' and How Do You Sleep and his hair/looks in 2008 and 2009. The songs in his first 2 albums are kinda cringy but they are bonafide guilty pleasures to sing along too. I did keep a lookout for him in 2010 and I kinda ignored him all these years.

It was by accident that I remembered about  him and streamed his songs on Spotify a few days ago. And then I realized the concert was on the 14th and decided to go online and check. Unsurprisingly, there are still hundreds of seats left and out of pity I decided to buy a ticket. I was also lucky to find a 10% off promo code that expired 3 mins after I ordered the tickets online. :eli:

you better wait for his upcoming album then haha. Similarly, I decided to listen to Jesse back in April and just googled any news about him. What a luck he just announced his tour in Manila and VIP wasn't sold out yet. I literally ran. 

Did you enjoy as a "casual fan"?

1 minute ago, PromptingSilver said:

you better wait for his upcoming album then haha. Similarly, I decided to listen to Jesse back in April and just googled any news about him. What a luck he just announced his tour in Manila and VIP wasn't sold out yet. I literally ran. 

Did you enjoy as a "casual fan"?

Oh yeah I did. It was also my virgin concert experience. :eli: (I am actually a long-time Kelly Clarkson fan but I passed up on that opportunity to watch her in 2010. Kinda regretting that.)

I stan some of his singles and the other singles are guilty pleasures. Hopefully the album comes out soon.

Im a little worried that I could age as bad as current day Jesse McCartney if I dont moisturize/stay out of the sun/party excessively.. 

I would legitmately ask like What happened?? but the last name gives it all away.. English genes age like milk & eggs. 

3 hours ago, Jay Fenty said:

Im a little worried that I could age as bad as current day Jesse McCartney if I dont moisturize/stay out of the sun/party excessively.. 

I would legitmately ask like What happened?? but the last name gives it all away.. English genes age like milk & eggs. 

I saw him during meet and greet, It wasn't bad at all. definitely he's aging but not like worst aging. Well, us, Asians still winning. I'm 24 looking 14 :eddie:

The secret is your c*m. put it in your face like a moisturizer :fan:

4 hours ago, Genius1111 said:

Oh yeah I did. It was also my virgin concert experience. :eli: (I am actually a long-time Kelly Clarkson fan but I passed up on that opportunity to watch her in 2010. Kinda regretting that.)

I stan some of his singles and the other singles are guilty pleasures. Hopefully the album comes out soon.

WTH. why do we have almost the same experience? I passed on Kelly's first and last concert in Manila in 2010 too. And I regret it until now.

he looks...different

he doesn't age very well.

6 hours ago, PromptingSilver said:

I saw him during meet and greet, It wasn't bad at all. definitely he's aging but not like worst aging. Well, us, Asians still winning. I'm 24 looking 14 :eddie:

The secret is your c*m. put it in your face like a moisturizer :fan:

WTH. why do we have almost the same experience? I passed on Kelly's first and last concert in Manila in 2010 too. And I regret it until now.

Haha, I didn't know you were a KC stan. I don't recall your posts in the KC base.

(And I do not wish to spread my entire face with my own milk. :eli:) I believe I can pass off as at least 8 years younger now without any special treatment, so I will skip that.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

he looks...different

he doesn't age very well.

Going back to J Mac, he is 32 this year. I think he looks fine by white male standards. Perhaps it is just his hair. Or maybe he was doing drugs for a while? :huh:

In Singapore, he was wearing this (questionable) green shirt.

19 hours ago, PromptingSilver said:

OK boys and girls, I have created a base thread for us to continue the discussion.

There was also a review of the concert, but erm, the turnout wasn't that great. If he had arrived 10 years earlier, he would have over 3000+ people in attendance (and I probably wouldn't be there, since I had less money at the time).

https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/jesse-mccartney-proves-he-s-still-got-it-at-debut-singapore-concert-gig-review

1. 'She’s No You'
 2. 'Leavin’'
 3. 'Selfless' (Unreleased)
 4. 'How Do You Sleep' 
 5. 'Soul' (Unreleased) 
 6. 'Just So You Know' 
 7. 'Anybody' 
 8. 'Because You Live'
 9. 'The Stupid Things' (Robin Thicke cover)
 10. 'Bleeding Love' 
 11. 'Body Language' 
 12. 'Right Where You Want Me' 
 13. 'Better With You' 
 14. 'Shake'
 15. 'Wasted' 

Encore:
 16. 'Beautiful Soul'