Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Racists botch hate crime; school wifi exposed them all

52 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

lo1aVua.jpg

*left to right: seth taylor, tyler curtiss, josh shaffer, matt lipp

3yWRynK.jpg

*click the article for the uncensored photo… i personally don't want to post an image full of slurs and swastikas

The [crime] went on for about seven minutes, during which all of them sprayed something hateful. Josh targeted the principal. Matt attacked Jewish, gay and black people. Tyler drew two swastikas. Seth drew swastikas, “f*gs” and “KKK.”

Eventually they were told: The school’s WiFi system requires students to use individual IDs to get online. After they log in once, their phones automatically connect whenever they are on campus.

At 11:35 p.m. on May 23, the students’ IDs began auto-connecting to the WiFi. It took only a few clicks to find out exactly who was beneath those T-shirt masks.

Seth [one of the kids behind the crime] came home to a quiet house. His sister was away at college, his father was on a business trip, and his mother was asleep. He went to the fridge and found the breakfast she had made for him to eat the next morning. Seth popped the eggs into the microwave. When he went to grab them, the plate slipped. The hot eggs tumbled onto his arms and legs. The shock somehow made it hit him. What had he just done?

Panicked, he started Googling:

“How long do you go to jail for vandalism?”

And then: “Can you get a hate crime for painting swastikas?”

[…]
[this next excerpt takes place at the graduation ceremony that they had been attending BEFORE they were taken out of the ceremony by the school staff for what they had done]

Seth felt a tap on his shoulder. The athletic director was standing over him. “Seth,” he said quietly. “You need to come with me.”

Seth followed him out, trying not to look at his classmates. On the other side of the auditorium doors, two police officers were waiting to take him to the office of the school resource officer, Steve Willingham.

On the TV screen inside was security footage from the night before. Seth could see his own stout frame, paint can in hand, frozen in high definition.

“I bet you don’t want to see that, do you?” he remembers Willingham saying.

“No,” Seth answered.

“Do you know why you’re in here?”

“Yes,” Seth said. He didn’t know then that the officers had been strategic in pulling him out first. Willingham had coached Seth’s sister in soccer. He was friends with Seth’s dad. He suspected that of all the boys, Seth was the most likely to confess.

It took only one question: “What happened?”

“Things got out of hand,” Seth recalls telling him. “I was under the impression we were going to do a prank, and it got bad.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/local/teen-graffiti-hate-crime-divides-maryland-high-school/

it's a little bit of a lengthy article but the whole article is worth the read.

tl;dr, these seniors did a ""prank"" (hate crime) where they put on masks, ran around, and sprayed slurs and swastikas on the pavement on their school's campus. they thought that they wouldn't have been found out bc of the fact that they put on masks… however, their phones automatically connected to the school's wifi with their own unique usernames. this resulted in them getting exposed for their hate crime. after the public sh*tstorm, this is what the judge presiding over their cases had sentenced the boys to:

josh: three years probation, 250 hours of community service, 18 consecutive weekends in jail

seth: three years probation, 250 hours of community service, nine consecutive weekends in jail

tyler: eight consecutive weekends in jail + one day

matt: 18 consecutive weekends in jail

all four will be eligible to have the hate crime expunged from their records after they complete probation

i think the sentencing is too light tbh :dancehall:

Sentenced to death would have been a suitable punishment. 

they all ugly as ****

Cackling at the video footage in the article. They really thought. :bibliahh:

Matt attacked Jewish, gay and black people. Tyler drew two swastikas. Seth drew swastikas, “f*gs” and “KKK.”

The new-nazis need to be vanished from the world. Burn them all. 

Ugly inside & out. I wonder if their ugliness makes them jealous of minorities which makes em ugly inside or vice versa. But God white men are so ugly. They also look like they're in their 40s

-“Hey seth, wanna join us to the movies this weekend?”

-“I can’t, I’ll be in jail.”

-“Alright, see you on Monday!”

no words :bibliahh:

The fact that there was any “controversy” around this and the trial shows exactly where American society is at, stick them all in jail and throw away the key :cm:

2 minutes ago, Headlock said:

The fact that there was any “controversy” around this and the trial shows exactly where American society is at, stick them all in jail and throw away the key :cm:

I didn't know anything about this but I can already imagine the Fox and Friends crowd being like, "It was just a joke, gosh, can't teens just act a bit silly sometimes?" 

Weekends in jail? :psyduck: Never heard of such a thing. 

These disgusting human beings deserve much worse.

1 minute ago, TheLastChord said:

I didn't know anything about this but I can already imagine the Fox and Friends crowd being like, "It was just a joke, gosh, can't teens just act a bit silly sometimes?" 

“Teens” of course meaning privileged white straight males, take any of those factors away, you’re a goner to them :cm:

26 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

:fan:

“Can you cover my face so that the kids don’t videotape me?” he asked.

“No,” an officer replied. “You deserve this.”

:eatpopcorn:

Only white people get part time jail sentences. 

The one on the far right. A delusional hunty in denial

They all look 50 tbh. Racist scum :clown:

they have that racist look

21 minutes ago, TheLastChord said:

Two of the teens actually tried to get the hate crime charges dismissed because it violated their first amendment rights :dies:

Matt Lipp, whose graffiti attacked Jewish, black and gay people, would serve 11 of the 16 he was sentenced to. He has filed an appeal, still arguing that his First Amendment rights had been violated.

Electric chair.

17 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

-“Hey seth, wanna join us to the movies this weekend?”

-“I can’t, I’ll be in jail.”

-“Alright, see you on Monday!”

:rip: 

58 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said: